Chicago's rap scene basically ended before it could get off the ground

Why is every Chicago rapper either an absolute goon like Chief Keef or an artsy type like Lupe, Kanye, Common etc. with no in-between?

I guess there's Twista (birthday buddy!) but can't think of anyone else really

I feel like Im getting old but I dont understand the relevance of the 3 random letters before your name that every rapper has now. My guess is its the only way to stand out in the search engines.

Not sure how many people here are interested in this sorta music. But Chicago i'd say in the last 10ish years or so had some interesting talent coming up. and now they are mostly all dead....pretty sad stuff. good song about some of them, but Duck himself (who was pretty decent) is also dead......silly shit what's happening out there.

Hell Naw. Wait till Donda drops. Kanye bout to take over the game Again.

Not sure how many people here are interested in this sorta music. But Chicago i'd say in the last 10ish years or so had some interesting talent coming up. and now they are mostly all dead....pretty sad stuff. good song about some of them, but Duck himself (who was pretty decent) is also dead......silly shit what's happening out there.

Duck signed his own death warrant releasing "Dead Bitches"

Back