Chicken or Steak? And what about ground beef?

Read the post above this one.

I agree that 5 fast food burgers a day is a shitty diet but the epidemiological evidence identified 'high intake of red meat' as the meta-analysis variable of significance.
So they're not accounting for the quality of the meat.. Got it. I'll continue to enjoy red meat.

So they're not accounting for the quality of the meat.. Got it. I'll continue to enjoy red meat.

Right, you're exactly the nutrition nutter crowd I was talking about. You completely misunderstand what I wrote.

Last edited:
Right, you're exactly the nutrition nutter crows I was talking about. You completely misunderstand what I wrote.
Dumb it down for me then. I'm not coming in as an authority. Please tell me what I misunderstood. I'm open to learn.

^ that young and already understands life better than most.

Dumb it down for me then. I'm not coming in as an authority. Please tell me what I misunderstood. I'm open to learn.

No other sub-parameter adds anymore specificity. The independent variable that is detrimental for metabolic disorder and NASH is red meat consumption. Fish no, red meat yes.

I'll be at a fatty liver disease meeting in September so I'll try to find out more.

FWIW - I like burgers, duck, chicken, lamb and pork. I'm just relaying the body of evidence reported at these meetings by hepatologists, molecular biologists, epidemiologists and pharma industry people.

FWIW - I like burgers, duck, chicken, lamb and pork. I'm just relaying the body of evidence reported at these meetings by hepatologists, molecular biologists, epidemiologists and pharma industry people.
Right on, big pharma will be there. I'm sure they'll keep everything on the up and up.

Lol

No other sub-parameter adds anymore specificity. The independent variable that is detrimental for metabolic disorder and NASH is red meat consumption. Fish no, red meat yes.

I'll be at a fatty liver disease meeting in September so I'll try to find out more.
So a burger patty from McDonalds and a steak from a grass fed, antibiotic/hormone free cow all fit the bill for solid epidemiological evidence?

<SelenaWow>

So a burger patty from McDonalds and a steak from a grass fed, antibiotic/hormone free cow all fit the bill for solid epidemiological evidence?

<SelenaWow>
don't forget grass fed butter (important)

<SelenaWow>

First of all and somewhat unrelated, McDonalds has some of the highest food standards for meat from suppliers. I know for sure that the Chicken is turned into their products at the processing plant where the birds are culled, de-boned and de-feathered. They take the highest quality chicken off the line and it becomes 'McDonalds', the next level down is shipped as Grade 'A'. That's not a joke.

The ground meat at your local grocery store is probably some of the worst meat you can buy. It's a mish-mash of left over meats that have likely expired and are ground together.

Back to your question: for metabolic disorder and NASH (liver fat with inflammation) it seems like protein quantity and high temperature cooking are the problem. So grass fed beef eaten in high quantity and seared (that means grill marks) is the same as regular store bought meat.

Last edited:
don't forget grass fed butter (important)

Fuck molecular biology and sub-specialties of medicine that treat 500m people a year, I'm going with opinions of Joe Rogan and "Dr" Rhonda Patrick when it comes to my health!!

Right on, big pharma will be there. I'm sure they'll keep everything on the up and up.

Lol

The biologist from big pharma typically have more knowledge about pathways and targets of disease than any academic group. They have billion dollar bets and have to be right. Their not just asking questions. After collecting literature for a couple of years they'll collaborate with academic groups and start cell well work with a 1000+ targets and then move to a 100 small animal targets.

The GSK scientists that found the 5-HT target for migraines spent 10 yrs looking at all of the potential targets and pathways before the came up with Imitrex. Talking to pharma scientists at conferences is one of the best ways to distill thousands of papers and ideas about disease.

First of all and somewhat unrelated, McDonalds has some of the highest food standards for meat from suppliers. I know for sure that the Chicken is turned into their products at the processing plant where the birds are culled, de-boned and de-feathered. They take the highest quality chicken off the line and it becomes 'McDonalds', the next level down is shipped as Grade 'A'. That's not a joke.

The ground meat at your local grocery store is probably some of the worst meat you can buy. It's a mish-mash of left over meats that have likely expired and are ground together.

Back to your question: for metabolic disorder and NASH (liver fat with inflammation) it seems like protein quantity and high temperature cooking are the problem. So grass fed beef eaten in high quantity and seared (that means grill marks) is the same as regular store bought meat.

The biologist from big pharma typically have more knowledge about pathways and targets of disease than any academic group. They have billion dollar bets and have to be right. Their not just asking questions. After collecting literature for a couple of years they'll collaborate with academic groups and start cell well work with a 1000+ targets and then move to a 100 small animal targets.

The GSK scientists that found the 5-HT target for migraines spent 10 yrs looking at all of the potential targets and pathways before the came up with Imitrex. Talking to pharma scientists at conferences is one of the best ways to distill thousands of papers and ideas about disease.
Thank you kind sir. All this time I thought that I'd dodged a bullet by self curing my autoimmune disorder by changing my diet rather than taking all of the incredibly expensive pharmaceuticals that the doctors wanted to prescribe me, but now I've seen the light since you have shown me the folly of my ways.

I'm on my way out the door right now to get some chicken mcnuggets and begin extending my years. What other fine health foods should I order while I visit the golden arched fountain of youth?

You heard it here everyone. You want to live to a ripe old age? Better start taking the magic elixirs as recommended by therealdope and his esteemed colleagues.

359552-mcdonald-amp-039-s-300x168.jpg

mcdonalds-6.jpg

Never in my time on sherdog have I seen such a fitting username.To health and prosperity!!!

Fuck molecular biology and sub-specialties of medicine that treat 500m people a year, I'm going with opinions of Joe Rogan and "Dr" Rhonda Patrick when it comes to my health!!
she's the most smartest person Joe Rogan has ever met, and he's met TITANS like Graham Hancock and Duncan Trussels.

Thank you kind sir. All this time I thought that I'd dodged a bullet by self curing my autoimmune disorder by changing my diet rather than taking all of the incredibly expensive pharmaceuticals that the doctors wanted to prescribe me, but now I've seen the light since you have shown me the folly of my ways.

I'm on my way out the door right now to get some chicken mcnuggets and begin extending my years. What other fine health foods should I order while I visit the golden arched fountain of youth?

You heard it here everyone. You want to live to a ripe old age? Better start taking the magic elixirs as recommended by therealdope and his esteemed colleagues.

View attachment 633905

View attachment 633903

Never in my time on sherdog have I seen such a fitting username.To health and prosperity!!!

You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills.

View attachment 633905

View attachment 633903

Can I ask how you cured your autoimmune disorder via diet? I’m legitimately curious as I have an autoimmune disorder affecting my thyroid and have developed a dairy, gluten, and potato intolerance in the past two years

Aip diet. Check out the comments section of this youtube video:

The guy in the comments with the bust of a bearded Greek statue for his avatar has a lot of good advice. The first part of his name is 'Auto' followed by letters from what I suppose is the Greek alphabet. There's only about a 100 comments.

I had my first flare up in November of 2015 after going for an hour ride on my bicycle and I remember during the ride I felt.. weird, kind of stiff. I napped when I got home and when I awoke my joints hurt and I couldn't really walk. It got worse and worse from there.

My gf at the time was there with me and I couldn't even get to the toilet. It hurt too much to walk so I called the paramedics. They took me to the hospital where I met my first dumbass doctor. He was totally unsympathetic and gave me a high strength nsaid and told me to tough it out. Walking out of the hospital with the help of the nsaid was possible but it was still excruciating and I was clutching the wall to keep from falling over as I made my way to my gf's car waiting outside.

I was in bed for the next week and wasn't getting better. A couple weeks earlier, I had been training wrestling and mma and now I had to use a bedpan and it was painful to open up a water bottle. I was desperate and had resigned myself to the fact that this was now my life. I accepted that my athletic days were behind me.

After a week, I reached out to my old wrestling coach because I couldn't go down the stairs of our apartment to get to the urgent care. My wrestling coach is a stud and with the help of my dad, they helped get me down to the car in my wheelchair.

This next doctor was way, way better than the previous jerk from the er. He said that he believed that I have psoriatic arthritis and wanted to run some tests. I was still in the wheelchair. He gave me a shot of 2 different corticosteroids (one fast acting and another that was long term acting), prescription strength nsaids, omneprazole to protect my stomach, prednisone, and antibiotics due to the effect that corticosteroids have on the immune system. This worked instantly like magic and by the time we drove 10 minutes back to the apartment, I was able to walk back up the stairs. A week or two after this, I was back to training with my old coach.

I didn't change anything in my diet or lifestyle after this, hoping that maybe it was a fluke from some weird flu I caught, and I was fine for over a year after this.

The next flare up began in late January of 2017 and came on more slowly. I gradually noticed more pain, stiffness, and swelling in my joints. I tried to work through it and for a couple of months I was able to limp around though I couldn't train properly anymore and I wasn't doing well. Finally in early March, I saw a new doctor because my insurance didn't cover the last guy even though I liked him.

I told the new doctor everything that had happened up until then and he agreed that I had an autoimmune disorder of some kind. He gave me a shot of dexamethasone, prednisone, and antibiotics again and I was back to my old self in a couple of hours.

This relief only lasted until mid-June 2017 when I had my 3rd and probably most severe flare up. On June 30th, I was admitted to a new ER after not being able to get out of bed for a week. The nurses and everyone were really nice. My doctor was a lady with an attitude who didn't listen much to me. I told her that I needed a shot of dexamethasone, a prescription for prednisone, and antibiotics and it was clear that her ego didn't like her patient telling her what they needed.

She and the nurses told me that I looked gray and pale in the face and that she was going to give me morphine for my pain which I declined. I'm not sure what they gave me. I did get a prescription for prednisone and as soon as my prescription ran out my symptoms came right back after only a week out of the hospital.

I was desperate at this point. I was taking NSAIDs every single day just to function and they were tearing up my stomach. They only allowed me to barely walk.

I had a new doctor set up through my insurance and went to see him in mid July or so, limping and hobbling my way through his office. After my initial check up and being sent to a lab for blood tests, he asked me to come back next week and we'd come up with a definite plan after discussing possibly doing regular shots of corticosteroids or trying a drug known as humira. The long term side effects of both of these treatments suck and I was not looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I was online and I read everything I could about psoriatic arthritis and natural remedies as I was desperate for relief. I was still dependent on the NSAIDs and they were messing up my stomach along with taxing my liver.

It was in this time that I discovered the video I linked and began talking to the gentleman from Greece to whom I will forever be grateful. With nothing to lose, I jumped headfirst into the aip diet and while it was frustrating to only be able to eat such a limited number of foods, I noticed after a few days that I was definitely improving. I felt REBORN. I could walk again without pain and I got my life back. To ssy that I was pleased is a total understatement. You don't truly appreciate your health until it's taken from you.

I still showed up to my doctor appointment and they immediately commented that I looked better. I told him that I felt better and had been doing the aip-diet and his response was 'oh yeah, I've heard about that." I was dumbfounded that he didn't mention it to me as a potential remedy to at least try.

When I thought about it more though, it made sense. Doctors and pharmaceutical companies are in this to make a profit. They don't want people to take control of their own health. They want us to be dependent on their expensive crap and to stay sick. All of the treatments that doctors had offered me had been mere bandaids that treated the symptoms of my ailment without addressing the root core of the problem.

Humira and corticosteroids are very expensive. A simple diet change is not.

At this point, I eat pretty much whatever I want except for gluten provided that the food is organic and high quality (obviously fast food is out of the question and anyone who advocates eating that crap is not someone you should listen to). I had one brief flare up a few months back, and after following strict aip for a week or two I was back to my old self and being able to eat everything sans gluten.

Now I can lift weights, wrestle, box, ride my bike, run. I am alive, healthy, strong overall, and I've never been happier.

Aip changed my life even though I don't follow it all the time. I know it's there when I need it and it worked when nothing else did.

Another thing to watch out for is soy. They put that crap in everything and it can have a similar effect to gluten.

Any questions, hit me up. Good luck

This is what my feet and ankles looked like during one of my flare ups. You can see the swelling and psoriasis

31704.jpeg

31705.jpeg

I'd also like to delve further into why it is so important to eat organic and avoid eating low quality crap like McDonald's that others are erroneously claiming is not only ok, but high quality.

There are several problems with this type of food. One is the health of the animals. They are packed into a small area and not given a lot of space to move around. These conditions are ripe for illness as the animals are constantly standing around in feces. To combat this, they're given antibiotics. The problem with the reckless use of antibiotics that has been going on with modern mass produced food is that gradually the antibiotics become less effective as the bacteria that they are meant to combat become resistant to the antibiotics. That's why we now have 'super strains' of bacteria popping up that are resistant to antibiotics. Vietnam in particular is known for particularly egregious misuse of antibiotics and it's finally affecting the rest of the world.

The other problem with antibiotic use in the animals we eat is that it destroys our own 'healthy bacteria' also known as probiotics and healthy gut and skin flora, both of which are related. Eating only a little bit of shit like McDonald's will absolutely wreck your healthy flora. Denny's, burger king, carls jr, wendys, taco bell... they're all the same. Stay away from it! It's not worth compromising your health.

Another problem with non-organic food is the use of hormones for the animals. The meat is sold by weight and in order to pump up this number, the animals are given the juice. When we eat their meat, it fucks with our own hormones. This also further compromises the immune system of the animals as well as us.

Yet another problem with fast food is the use of pesticides in the fruits and veggies. Cancer as well as other problems are linked to this. Do some research on the effects of different pesticides on our health. It's both troubling and fascinating.

Finally, they also heavily use preservatives in their crap food at fast food restaurants. I remember speaking to a guy who was a manager at a McDonald's and he told me about how their lettuce would still look the same after 2 months. You don't want this shit in your body.

You're already aware of the effects of gluten on your body. Gluten apologists like to act like we're the extreme minority and that bread and pasta are totally fine for the majority of us. The reality is that it's not just people with celiac disease who have issues with wheat. It's estimated that over 95% of people who have a gluten allergy are undiagnosed. Just because the allerga isn't debilitating doesn't mean that it isn't causing some level of harm. Overall, gluten is a shit food and no one really needs it.

Here's the interesting part, only 20 years ago the US government was recommending that a large portion of our diet should be breads and pastas. This is for a couple reasons, the primary one being the root of all kinds of evil, money.

Remember this food pyramid?
Food-Pyramid-1.jpg

IAs another user mentioned, there are billions of dollars at stake in the mass farming and pharmaceutical industry which dominates the US. Many of our politicians are bought and owned by these assholes. They're not going to just hit the brakes on the money train that is the wheat and pharmaceutical industry.

Another benefit to keeping people eating wheat is that it creates so many health problems which can then be addressed with... pharmaceuticals. It's a big circle jerk and the average person is getting the hard end from the corporations, politicians, and doctors who are taught that this is normal and the way things are.

The pharmaceutical companies don't want healthy people who take responsibility for their own well being. They want you sick and dependent on their so called medication.

Check out the food inc documentary for more information on why monoculture farming is a bad idea.
Here's a video from the creator.

Another good documentary is this one.

There will always be people who defend this bs and try to obfuscate the issue by using fancy terminology and referencing the education and MD status of them and their fellow proponents of pharmaceuticals, large scale monoculture farmers, and fast food corporations.

Learn how to see through the bs and take back control of your health. I was given no hope by any of the doctors who I saw to ever be the way I was and am now again.

Last edited:
Back