Chris Leben exposes Bas Rutten in this video kinda makes you lose respect

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watch the video if you think about it, Bas is like those made for tv pitchmen kinda messed up how Bas kept telling Chris its going to be okay I know the guy he is a stand up guy a good guy and kept vouching for this shady guy and he never paid Leben and even gave Phil Baroni a fake bounced check or something. some of the comments are funny one guy said wow but I bet you Bas sure as hell got paid lol

He speaks more on it here and signed with the legit BK org that Artem and Paulie signed with, with bec rawlings.

Chris said the org he last fought for could have been a ponzi scheme and he is working with some lawyers to sue them including Bas Rutten who was a president of the company. NFL Shawn Merrimen was supposed to fight in that org but they didnt pay him either so he pulled out last minute

More info and updates:
Chris Wife speaks on it in the early of the video

Here is the Forbes Article
Chris Leben Sues World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation For $90,000 Purse Payment
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulgi...90000-purse-payment-boxing-news/#6056a8dc734c

Last edited:
The worst part is it seems that even after it was obvious that the bare knuckle guy was full of shit and not going to pay, that Bas continued to make excuses for him. Definitely a bad look for a pretty universally beloved MMA figure.

Bas Rutten seems like a sleaze if this story is true. Leading on Leben who trusted him is a dick move

#LebenBless
#KHABIBBLESS

The worst part is it seems that even after it was obvious that the bare knuckle guy was full of shit and not going to pay, that Bas continued to make excuses for him. Definitely a bad look for a pretty universally beloved MMA figure.
Chris and his lawyer are suing Bas Rutten and the owner, of course Bas was trying to cover for the guy in the second video the lawyer tells Chris Bas is the figurehead and I believe Bas has stake in the company

good for chris, and he actually sounds pretty good. im happy for him

<VinceCa$h>

Chris has matured so much from his days on TUF

He's a completely different guy now.

good for chris, and he actually sounds pretty good. im happy for him
yup, im smiling see him now, the guy really grew up and put his demons away and is now a loving father and husband with a good head on his shoulders, his kid is adorable and you can see he loves his son so much.

I also feel super bad and lost respect for Bas Rutten, dude straight up lied to Chris and Chris even told him Bas this is my livelihood I need the money I have a family and stuff like that. Foul stuff.

For sure. Felt good hearing him serious and cool.
Chris has matured so much from his days on TUF

He's a completely different guy now.

Yup its always awesome to see people do a 180, Chris is so different he is a mature adult now, with a baby son he adores and a wife. You would never think a wild man like this who was always crying and emotional and getting into trouble would be where he is at now. He is inspiring shows you people can change if they are open to changing and maturing.

Sucks for Chris. All jokes aside, Chris really seems like he’s gonna need looking after in the future and that money would have helped. Hopefully he gets paid. I tried reading Bas’ long ass post on his side of the story but I got a few paragraphs in and seemed like it was bunch of, “who shot John,” complete with code names.

“Let’s call the matchmaker (whom Bas is throwing under the bus) ‘FMM’ and the fighters’ manager let’s call him ‘MGR’.”

I do intend on reading his whole response but I’m not really in the mood right now. If anybody else wants to skim through it, feel free.

I never liked Bas. I always thought he was always trying to hustle something and quick to shit on it as soon as it goes down. I can't blame him though since he missed out on any big paydays but he did parlay it with a hollywood gym early in the game.

I never liked Bas, he always seemed to be a fishy and fake person

Oh man it’s gonna take some serious evidence for me to turn on Bas.

lol at "legit bare knuckle..."

cripple fights coming.

Western Civ continuing its backwards trend.

#TrumpBless

Yup its always awesome to see people do a 180, Chris is so different he is a mature adult now, with a baby son he adores and a wife. You would never think a wild man like this who was always crying and emotional and getting into trouble would be where he is at now. He is inspiring shows you people can change if they are open to changing and maturing.

When he was on the Renatch show he sounded better than TUF days, but here it's like seeing Leben the man...<mma4>

giphy.gif
HastyBronzeIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif
4fZE.gif

Kramer-Yes-Nod.gif
9dbe27f370e7e4680e0c535c225314a0.gif
tenor.gif

Leben should grab Bas by his atrophied noodle arm and choke him out with it. Would be hilarious.

Back