cleto reyes printed logo issue

Mbdiablo

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
45BC7A42-5CF9-4D59-AD29-790DEB8CFCC5.jpeg0AF3D701-BF12-4402-8A6F-8C9E0514E088.jpeg fairtex 0AF3D701-BF12-4402-8A6F-8C9E0514E088.jpeg F23303A1-4ED1-4E25-A640-B27104885003.jpeg i have been using that gloves only one months.is it normal? any solution for peeling logo?

Last edited:
this seems pretty common to be honest......I have seen it on other gloves as well not just Reyes. You gloves look more than a month old though you must use them a lot

Tacking on to this. Does anyone know how to remove the logo entirely without damaging the glove? I know mine is going to start degrading and would rather have a 'clean' glove

Tacking on to this. Does anyone know how to remove the logo entirely without damaging the glove? I know mine is going to start degrading and would rather have a 'clean' glove
Angelus Leather Preparer and Deglazer will take the logo off but you have to be very careful because it will take the paint / dye off too. You just have to use a small amount. I personally would just leave it alone. These labels are known for peeling...it happens to Grants too but not as bad.

The logo started coming off right away on my Reyes gloves.
It's the norm with these.
Great gloves though.

must be cheap paint.
is it still happening on latest cleto reyes?

Yes I Have spit brought this year direct from Mexico and it’s starting to come off and I only use them on the bag

my friend bought cleto reyes gloves velcro
6 years ago . he never used that gloves .gave to me as a gift but gloves fastly getting older
velcro leather and palm leather slightly went away only 7 months.is it usual .im using that gloves boxing and muay thai.

my friend bought cleto reyes gloves velcro
6 years ago . he never used that gloves .gave to me as a gift but gloves fastly getting older
velcro leather and palm leather slightly went away only 7 months.is it usual .im using that gloves boxing and muay thai.

Sound like it's because the leather hasn't been taken care of over those 6 years. Try wearing a pair of leather dress shoes that is new but never kept moisturized. If you try to wear them the first time, the leather with crack and flake from the standard creasing of just walking in them.

Check out #4:
https://www.titleboxing.com/cleaning-leather-equipment

Sound like it's because the leather hasn't been taken care of over those 6 years. Try wearing a pair of leather dress shoes that is new but never kept moisturized. If you try to wear them the first time, the leather with crack and flake from the standard creasing of just walking in them.

Check out #4:
https://www.titleboxing.com/cleaning-leather-equipment
How oftern should you apply that sort of stuff to gloves if ur using them or if you are not?

How oftern should you apply that sort of stuff to gloves if ur using them or if you are not?
That depends on many factors such as the leather quality itself (some leather requires more attention), your regional humidity, etc.... However, I would say areas where the humidity is dry and cold, you'll have to moisturize your leather gloves more than often.

I usually give my gloves a wipe down with leather conditioner wipes (the ones you use for car seats and sofas) at least once every 3 months. If I feel like my leather is dry and more wrinkly than usual, I would give it a leather conditioner cream treatment. There's no specific cream/wipes made only for boxing gloves, that you can use the ones made for taking care of dress shoes.

can i repair it ? it looks so bad?
There's no easy method that I know of that can repair that, you have pieces of the leather fell off already. If you really want to repair it, I would suggest you Google how to fix peeling leather or go to a shop that can repair leather.... Frankly I don't think the time and cost will be worth it though.

However, first thing I would do is not to use these gloves till you give it a treatment of leather conditioner and try to stop any further damage.

There's no easy method that I know of that can repair that, you have pieces of the leather fell off already. If you really want to repair it, I would suggest you Google how to fix peeling leather or go to a shop that can repair leather.... Frankly I don't think the time and cost will be worth it though.

However, first thing I would do is not to use these gloves till you give it a treatment of leather conditioner and try to stop any further damage.
i read pipping part is not real leather only piping part is peeling of is it expensive repair that part also velcro piping same.

Last edited:
i read pipping part is not real leather only piping part is peeling of is it expensive repair that part also velcro piping same.

That I'm not sure about the piping as all three of my Cletos do not have that problem... but from the condition of the glove as you are showing it, my gut feeling is that you shouldn't waste time/money to repair it in detail. All the time/money you'll have to put into the repair of this old pair of gloves might be around the cost of a new glove. I would keep your current one moisturized and use it till the end. Try to keep your mind off the aesthetic issues. As long as your glove's padding is still good, it's still a Cleto Reyes no matter how it looks like.

Last edited:
That I'm not sure about the piping as all three of my Cletos do not have that problem... but from the condition of the glove you showing it, my gut feeling is that you shouldn't waste time/money to go into detail to repair it. All the time/money you might have to put into repair this might be around the cost of a new glove. I would keep your current one moisturized and use it till the end and try to keep your mind off the aesthetic issues.
i dont know how to stop peeling off i give up to repair it that is why i bought venum giant 3.0

i dont know how to stop peeling off i give up to repair it that is why i bought venum giant 3.0
You don't need it to be repaired though, it affects nothing about the gloves besides how they look

Back