Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

UFC NEWS & FEATURES
Coach Speak: What Makes Sean O’Malley a ‘Special’ Talent
FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsApp

MARCELO ALONSO SEP 6, 2023 COMMENTS

Considered among the best competitive Brazilian jiu-jitsu featherweights of all time, Augusto “Tanquinho” Mendes talked exclusively with Sherdog about a man that he considers to be his most talented student, Ultimate Fighting Championship bantamweight ruler Sean O'Malley.

Mendes recalled the beginning of the rivalry of O’Malley with Alexandre Pantoja and Henry Cejudo around 10 years ago, when Cejudo took Pantoja to MMA Labs and, according to “Tanquinho,” the unexperienced O’Malley more than held his own against elite UFC talent.

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/videos/vide...hat-Makes-Sean-OMalley-a-Special-Talent-20437

He’s “special” because he’s got a 16 iq. Pretty good fighter though aside from his glass legs

O'Malley regarding his loss to Chito Vera :

"Not at all. I never lost sleep over this fight,” O’Malley said. “I’ve actually been playing chess for a long time. I lost that fight on purpose"

What a fucking liar. This guy is an out and out liar. First of all he lies that he is 18-0 and now he contradicts his own lie but says the loss was deliberate. Maybe he is Dana White's illegitimate love-child.

And .... please don't anyone say he was joking because he is not. The arrogance of the dude, ridiculous.

quote sourced from:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/9/...-with-chito-vera-i-lost-that-fight-on-purpose

Didn’t want to create a separate thread.

Just watching old fights. Saw O’Malley vs Sterling. I considered that he dominated the chito rematch.

I considered his whole career. Having Snoop yell your name is crazy. Then to actually win the title decisively. It’s undeniably impressive.

I mean, any sherdogger can make it seem like any given champ is undeserving. But I can’t deny it. O’Malley grew to become a legit champ.

While I believe that Merab will grapple fuck him, I still hope he wins. Stylistically, I’d prefer O’Malley over Merab as champ. Merab is boring as hell. High amplitude takedowns just aren’t as entertaining as a stream of strikes.

Anyway, pardon the grave dig. Just high and opinionated. And watching old fights.

Poirier and hooker on now. Such a good fight, poirier is really an incredible fighter,

Back