Media Scott Coker says he's interested in bringing Eddie Alvarez back to Bellator

39 year old Bendo vs 39 year old Eddie? Bellator has better fights at LW they can make. I also think there are better fights for Nate to be made as well. McKee and MVP particularly.
Henderson and Alvarez were actually supposed to fight years ago but Alvarez had to pull out of the fight. I’m sure Bellator will play that card if they sign Alvarez

A matchup with Bendo and maybe Nate. In all honesty it should be a three bout deal, no actual bouts for rankings or title contention, just old man bouts and maybe one prospect building one.
Eddie vs gomi in rizin crossover

I think he should just for the story of the original Bellator guy coming back. Plus Eddie is an exciting fighter and having an ex UFC champ get beat doesn't sound too bad.

Put him in the LW GP and call it a day.

A matchup with Bendo and maybe Nate. In all honesty it should be a three bout deal, no actual bouts for rankings or title contention, just old man bouts and maybe one prospect building one.

Eddie can easily headline some of Bellator's cards.

Good name for AJ McKee to have on his resume. Eddie's pretty shot.

MVP will never lace up the gloves again after losing to PMP. There's no bouncing back from that.
Not true. Look how well Mickey Gall is doing

<JonesLaugh>

I like the previously mentioned Eddie/Bendo, Eddie/Gomi and Eddie/AJ fights.

Not a knock on Queally, but if he could headline against Bendo, it wouldn’t be a long shot to see Eddie headline a Bellator card and a fight with Bendo would be good, too.

Eddie/Gomi would be good and would fit right in a RIZIN NYE card. Plus it gives Eddie one last fight in Japan against one of the JMMA OG’s.

Eddie/AJ would be a good retirement fight against one of Bellator’s top fighters. If he loses, it works for Bellator as it’s a way of them continuing to establish AJ as he picks up a win over one of the OG's and a Bellator legend and if he wins then it’s a big retirement win for him on his way out.

Last edited:
Eddie is legend and Bellator OG, f@ck it give him spot in tournament

I think Eddie can still cut it in the UFC without being a contender. He has a Chandler, Justin and maybe Dustin fight left. Mcgregor might be back at 170. Ghost of Tony is still around too. All those guys are aging out or going to be aging out.

I think Eddie can still cut it in the UFC without being a contender. He has a Chandler, Justin and maybe Dustin fight left. Mcgregor might be back at 170. Ghost of Tony is still around too. All those guys are aging out or going to be aging out.
All those guys except Tony would beat his ass.

I really wish things had worked out for Eddie in ONE, especially now with the Amazon Prime Video deal and a push into USA, Happy to see him in Bellator, especially if it means cross promotion is possible.

Eddie might have enough tread left on the tires for some decent fights. Rematch with the bigger Pitbull brother. Henderson is an obvious fight. So they have fights for him. For me, it would be great to see him retire from Bellator with a win.

Eddie vs gomi in rizin vs bellator. Also bendo vs Eddie. Not sure who else he can fight. Maybe give him a shot at the tournament. They could also send him to bkfc as a crossover. Mendes fights at 155 now. Him vs Eddie would be interesting in bkfc. There’s also Mike Perry at 170

Last edited:
Eddie isn't that shot. He got screwed in ONE a few times.
He'd still lose to them regardless though. Eddie is turning 39 in a month or two, he's not just losing because he's getting screwed.

Dustin, McGregor and Chandler all beat Eddie and beat him decisively. They're all younger than him and their black marks came against higher level of competition (amongst themselves basically). Even Chandler is like 3 years younger than Eddie.

Haven't really seen anything that could suggest he would beat Gaethje again given the age difference.

I just don't see why these are viable fights for him. There are better opponents for all those UFC guys to fight. If they need McGregor to get a win against a name at 170 they may as well just bring back Nate Diaz.

Eddie had his time in the UFC. I personally don't think it'd be all that interesting if he came back there.

I have always thought that Eddie and Chandler would finish their careers in Bellator. Would be a great homecoming. Former Bellator and UFC Champ back in Bellator

Dude they will probably give Eddie a title shot at Usman Nurmagomedov and promote it as former UFC Champ and all time great LW vs the biggest talent in the sport 24 year old prodigy Usman Nurmagomedov. I can fucking see it now.

Back