Colby needs to move to 155 if he ever wants another Title Shot

I think he is done as a contender. He also can't possibly go 3-0 vs top WWs. I think he loses against most top 10 guys at this point.

And I dont think he ever makes 155.

Reactions: HHJ
there is a limit to weight cut, and it goes down while you grow

it is very hard for him to cut weight at his age
he build up his natural 175 muscles frame

a weight cut to 155 would need to lose some muscles, which is plain stupid

did you miss this wkend? nobody's interested in that shit

Reactions: HHJ
Is it a possibility? Sure. Will Colby do it? I highly doubt it. He is collecting paychecks while losing boring ass decisions. Dropping a weight class is last ditch effort when you are getting your ass beat by everyone and you want to continue to fight in the UFC

He is the same size as the bigger 155 guys, I doubt he has any more trouble making 55 than some guys like Islam or Khabib...

He should do it just to fight Dustin, that is really the only thing left for him at this point....

What?

Bro he's turning 36 in a month. He's had 3 title shots, hasn't beat anyone meaningful in quite a few years. Colby had his run.

You guys need to remember that 28-32 is your prime, almost unanimously. 35+ is not. People expecting Colby to come back to relevancy, Jon Jones to defend the heavyweight title against dudes 10 years younger than him for a few defenses, Aldo to win the bantamweight title a couple years ago... ya'll are fucking crazy. And it should also make you appreciate Peirera even more.

Not everyone is Glover and Randy.

he coudl still get another title shot.

if belal beats leon.

colby just needs to run his mouth about gaza, palestine, and how palestinians are animals.

Belal isn't a coward, he will hear that shit and fight him to make an example out of him. colby will get a fourth title shot.

all this is possible with belal as champ

Colby has been very outspoken about fighting at his natural weight, and hating "weight bullies" so I doubt he'd want to cut that extra 15 lbs just to fight smaller guys.

He's too small for WW...
Leon looked a lot bigger and stronger than him in the cage.
Usman is significantly stronger than Leon & Colby was neck and neck with him, never getting physically dominated. I really think the long lay-off fucked him up.

Also Leon is a great fighter, he did well considering how bad he looked lol

I’ll wait and see what he looks like next time out to make a judgement

It's too damn early to tell. He's had a long lay off, only has lost to champions, you can't completely write him off after that, yet here we are with the orange rage induced population. 2024, no USADA, and a win over Wonderboy would theoretically put him right back into title talk/contention. The question is, who in 2024 can build up enough repetoire with the casuals? To where they want to watch them fight for the title? Shaavkat? Belal? Or, Colby fresh off a win over Wonderboy? Who can build up that much love, hate, excitement at WW? It's a popularity contest, brought to you from the people that signed CM Punk and tried to hype Raul Rosas Jr as a legitimate fighter.

He can't beat any of the elite LWs

Back