Cold Plunge

Get with the program brah. Zygos are zygomatic arches, sunken cheekbones look. If you don't have them, they're definitely worth getting plastic surgery for and they're pretty much the only thing women care about in a partner. And once you have them, you can be a gigantic asshole with no redeeming qualities but you'll still have 10s dropping at your feet.

Agree with what you're saying but it also raises my point about not all cold plunges being equal. If that water is at or near freezing and is circulating, NFW is your HR getting near your RHR unless you're either dead or you're Aquaman. I know your HR goes down after the initial shock but at that temp without a wetsuit (or drysuit), your body is having to crank the afterburners to prevent you from going hypothermic.

But laying in a bathtub of "cold" water (no ice) for 10 or 15 minutes would be much more tolerable and probably offer the same benefits.
So zygos is just not being a fat f*ck? I saw them mentioned in that thread about steroids hahaha.

I would like to clarify and say my RHR prior to the plunge based on my garmin watch is what I aim for. Say my normal RHR is 48bpm overnight, but I have my icebath towards the end of the day and it's averaged out to 58bpm throughout the day due to training, food etc. I would aim to get it back around 60-70bpm to still consider that recovery. Technically anyhting under 110bpm would be recovery in terms of HR if I apply normal run values.

I just use it as a way to not fall into the trap of trying to turn a recovery method into a David Goggins boat carrying session.

So zygos is just not being a fat f*ck? I saw them mentioned in that thread about steroids hahaha.

I would like to clarify and say my RHR prior to the plunge based on my garmin watch is what I aim for. Say my normal RHR is 48bpm overnight, but I have my icebath towards the end of the day and it's averaged out to 58bpm throughout the day due to training, food etc. I would aim to get it back around 60-70bpm to still consider that recovery. Technically anyhting under 110bpm would be recovery in terms of HR if I apply normal run values.

I just use it as a way to not fall into the trap of trying to turn a recovery method into a David Goggins boat carrying session.

OK agreed on the HR stuff.

Great zygos are more than just not being fat. Either you have them or you don't and if you don't, you have no chance in life and it's your parents' fault, not yours. They're also complementary to almond-shaped hunter eyes which if you don't have, you're also fucked (not literally).

Thanks for the input everybody. Sunday im going again because i was invited and i dont want to be a pussy who got scared after trying only once and feeling a little sick later. Hope i dont die lol.

Makes my twiddle stick shrink up too much and then it points straight out so you can't hide it. Like a nipple in your shorts.

It's getting overlooked that not all cold plunges or cold showers are the same. If the water is at or close to freezing temp AND it's moving around your skin because you're swimming or because it's a cold shower and the water is circulating, that's going to feel cold AF. If you just sit still in a bath of that same water, your body heat will warm up the water next to your skin and it will feel more bearable than if you move around in it.

And cold showers circulate fresh cold water and strip away body heat like with wind chill. Earlier last year I tried turning off the hot water for the last 30 seconds of the shower and it felt cold and got me breathing heavy but that water was probably 45 degrees F out of the shower head. I could do that every shower and it gives me a blast of energy and feels refreshing afterwards. But I tried it on a cold day this winter and that water was probably 35 degrees and felt fucking cold as fuck. Maybe I just have shit zygos but that's not something I'd choose to do regularly.
I think it could be a zygos problem indeed.

Damn, some hard core cold water dudes ITT. I still have not given up on it and I used to be a hardcore sauna dude. But if I get AIDS everytime then maybe it s not for me.

You know guys, a better alternative to cold water plunge imho is in the winter, go to sauna, sit there until you cant take it anymore, and then run out and jump into the snow. This requires big snow piles ofc. But yeah, the feeling is similar, but not so hardcore, and you can do it in the borders of your own garden in the winter if you got a sauna at home. I dont know how it is in America but where im from its an old tradition to do this in the winter. feels nice after. I live in estonia, wich is next to finland, so the sauna culture is very big round here

You know guys, a better alternative to cold water plunge imho is in the winter, go to sauna, sit there until you cant take it anymore, and then run out and jump into the snow. This requires big snow piles ofc. But yeah, the feeling is similar, but not so hardcore, and you can do it in the borders of your own garden in the winter if you got a sauna at home. I dont know how it is in America but where im from its an old tradition to do this in the winter. feels nice after. I live in estonia, wich is next to finland, so the sauna culture is very big round here
SO as opposed to just filling a bath tub with cold water/ice and going from a hot shower to an icebath, I need a sauna(way more expensive) and it to be winter?

No issues doing it, but the reason people choose Ice baths is that it's convenient and in most cases cheap.

Just need to move to Dagestan bro.

The point incase is if you already have a sauna like many in my country do, and it snows in the winter you can do it in your own garden conviniently free of charge. If you dont like sauna its probably not worth it to build one just for this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back