Combat Hopak - the Cossack Martial Art

Bear witness to our ascension bud

More like you've grabbed hold of me and said "time to ascend comrade."

Me: "wtf is going on"

J123: "Let the emperor warm our hearts."

Now I've been reborn as an agent of chaos and mental problems.

LOL that cossak stuff looks like horesehit and the fact that it ressembles bagua and tai chi is not exactly a selling point, haha.

Seriously, the former USSR is GOAT in combat sports, why do you search for the fringe, ridiculous shit that some larpers are trying to recreate?

BTW if you want a dance for conditioning I will take the Caucasian lezginka (the GOAT dance IMO) any day of the week over that trash.

What are your thoughts on recruiting Georgian dancers into combat sports?

I began my training with sparring and full resistance competition with Judo, and have maintained a realistic approach to training since then.
Unlike yourself, who spent years training to sneak around in a Ninja constume.
View attachment 871519
So you're not one to talk.

Thats why its so funny. I started out in TMA & Ballett then went on to full contact sparring MA and you went from full contact to crappy TMA fairy tales MA<Lmaoo>

Btw the Ninjutsu we did was lead by a former irish soldier. Back then it was UK/Irish heavy with soldiers and as the stand up punching was crap, the conditioning and Judo was elite level. I never again trained this hard in my life. We did our rolls all the time while running no matter concrete or whatever so as funny Nunjutsu sounds it really was the best basic fundament to develop on but it has nothing to do with whats been done nowadays and in the US with the Japanese joke of a Honbu Dojo. Even back then 95% was crap. Organisation was BBD back then.

Your illogical reasoning basically has two lines.

1) ignoring statistics to formulate an argument 1:10 000 does it sucessful HERE IS MY PROOF. Bas Rutten with your palm strikes f.e.
2) Using statistics and deliberate misread them like 300mio americans drink water, 300mio americans die so 300mio americans are killed by water.

Thats why there is always a disconnect between your arguments and everyone elses. YOu live in your WC fantasy land.

Thats why its so funny. I started out in TMA & Ballett...
Ballet?
{<jordan}
Male-Ballet-Dancer-Wallpaper-For-Android1.jpg
Sure bud, whatever is your thing
I guess it helps you with those high kicks though.
Btw the Ninjutsu we did was lead by a former irish soldier. Back then it was UK/Irish heavy with soldiers and as the stand up punching was crap, the conditioning and Judo was elite level. I never again trained this hard in my life. We did our rolls all the time while running no matter concrete or whatever so as funny Nunjutsu sounds it really was the best basic fundament to develop on but it has nothing to do with whats been done nowadays and in the US with the Japanese joke of a Honbu Dojo. Even back then 95% was crap. Organisation was BBD back then.
Sounds alot like the exact same talk we here from the Krav Maga and Systema guys...you lose the right to criticize them now.
"Yeah, the others are bs, but our training was with legit badass special ops dudes..."

BTW, some of the Cossack training will say the same and no doubt some former soldiers train there, actually I think most or all Russian do military service so they can all say what you are saying.

LOL that cossak stuff looks like horesehit and the fact that it ressembles bagua and tai chi is not exactly a selling point, haha.

Seriously, the former USSR is GOAT in combat sports, why do you search for the fringe, ridiculous shit that some larpers are trying to recreate?

BTW if you want a dance for conditioning I will take the Caucasian lezginka (the GOAT dance IMO) any day of the week over that trash.

Lezginka is actually easier conditioning wise and easier to perform.Lezginka i could probably still do (the little i remember) but hopak no way

Looks cooler though i must admit

Also ts if you want something original russian look in to "hand to hand combat" , martial art is literally called that

You are correct it sounds like that.;) And the stand up was pure crap but I am ok if people laugh about it. A lot was quite funny.

Yep. Ballet.

Ok I will say one thing:
Props to you for having the balls to come onto sherdog and admit that you used to train ballet.
<RomeroSalute>

Myself and @AndyMaBobs have had this conversation numerous times. Ballet is no joke, do you think there is any fighter on the planet who is as physically fine tuned as a guy like this, with near flawless balance and completely functional muscles not affected by bulk of them or any issues with cardio because of them?
If you could teach a professional ballet dancer how to do MMA you'd likely have one of the greatest finely tuned combat machines ever made.
Far more realistic as a goal than your views of WC being too dangerous for the ring.
KtM4A.jpg

It just seems comical that you continue to deride people who have actually trained and fought, while your entire training history consists of doing a bit of training in a few martial arts and then playing touch butt at the park with an MMA fighter while claiming you winded him with a palm strike. If he was any form of quality fighter you wouldn't have winded him with a round house kick to his stomach while he read "Antiques Road Show the Magazine".

I believe at one stage Andymabobs even invited you to come and spar one of his guys, but you feared going along because of a set up. Something that is completely farcical considering Andy is a professional coach who wasn't going to stake his professional reputation on "Setting up" some windbag from a karate forum. You've never really fought or competed, for all intensive purposes you are simply a coward who is afraid to test themselves for fear of being proven wrong in their own mind.

In reality, the only people who would snicker at Ballet are guys who don't understand that those ballet guys? They're smashing the ballet chicks which outnumber them 4 to 1. Nothing wrong with doing ballet and getting to fuck finely tuned and flexible athletic women.

And yet here we are in a topic YOU started about Cossack Dance fighting? the irony.

I'd sooner take someone who walked through the door and said they had 10 years of ballet training under their belt over someone who did some Cossack Cosplay dance fighting and moonlit as a sticky hands practitioner.

Lets not forget that Bruce Lee was a competitive Cha Cha dancer AND a professional dance instructor when he moved to the USA. Maybe we should incorporate that with a bit of Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do for the ultimate illegal street fighting martial art.

http://hongwrong.com/bruce-lee-dancing-cha-cha/

Edit: Bonus Footage of @TheMaster using WC in a realistic and true setting
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Myself and @AndyMaBobs have had this conversation numerous times. Ballet is no joke, do you think there is any fighter on the planet who is as physically fine tuned as a guy like this, with near flawless balance and completely functional muscles not affected by bulk of them or any issues with cardio because of them?
If you could teach a professional ballet dancer how to do MMA you'd likely have one of the greatest finely tuned combat machines ever made.
Far more realistic as a goal than your views of WC being too dangerous for the ring.
KtM4A.jpg

It just seems comical that you continue to deride people who have actually trained and fought, while your entire training history consists of doing a bit of training in a few martial arts and then playing touch butt at the park with an MMA fighter while claiming you winded him with a palm strike. If he was any form of quality fighter you wouldn't have winded him with a round house kick to his stomach while he read "Antiques Road Show the Magazine".

I believe at one stage Andymabobs even invited you to come and spar one of his guys, but you feared going along because of a set up. Something that is completely farcical considering Andy is a professional coach who wasn't going to stake his professional reputation on "Setting up" some windbag from a karate forum. You've never really fought or competed, for all intensive purposes you are simply a coward who is afraid to test themselves for fear of being proven wrong in their own mind.

In reality, the only people who would snicker at Ballet are guys who don't understand that those ballet guys? They're smashing the ballet chicks which outnumber them 4 to 1. Nothing wrong with doing ballet and getting to fuck finely tuned and flexible athletic women.

And yet here we are in a topic YOU started about Cossack Dance fighting? the irony.

I'd sooner take someone who walked through the door and said they had 10 years of ballet training under their belt over someone who did some Cossack Cosplay dance fighting and moonlit as a sticky hands practitioner.

Lets not forget that Bruce Lee was a competitive Cha Cha dancer AND a professional dance instructor when he moved to the USA. Maybe we should incorporate that with a bit of Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do for the ultimate illegal street fighting martial art.

Hilarious story

Was a guy in school who caught shit from classes 1 to 6 for doing figure skating

That changed as teen when he was being seen with new figure skating girl every week

Ok I will say one thing:
Props to you for having the balls to come onto sherdog and admit that you used to train ballet.
<RomeroSalute>
Ballet's probably one of the better bases have when migrating to combat sports. Balance, flexibility, coordination all at a higher rate than most combat sports hobbyists will ever see....actually even fighters as well.

The few I know who came frome there picked up striking at an exponential rate compared to regular students and long time grapplers coming over

Last edited:
KtM4A.jpg

Edit: Bonus Footage of @TheMaster using WC in a realistic and true setting
tenor.gif
Let’s not forget how shitty and homophobic guys come across for the “hahaha you did a
Thing that girls are supposed to do, not boys!!!”
Ballet's probably one of the better bases have when migrating to combat sports. Balance, flexibility, coordination all at a higher rate than most combat sports hobbyists will ever see....actually even fighters as well.

The few I know who came frome there picked up striking at an exponential rate compared to regular students and long time grapplers coming over
Dancers have been the fastest to pick up striking arts in my experience. I’ve taught boxing to people with experience in damn near every sport out there and dancers are far and away the easiest to train. They’ve spent all that time watching and mimicking movement so their mind/body connection is solid

Ballet is no joke, do you think there is any fighter on the planet who is as physically fine tuned as a guy like this, with near flawless balance and completely functional muscles not affected by bulk of them or any issues with cardio because of them?
KtM4A.jpg

Yeah, and you seem to have a thing for them as well.

I never said WC is too dangerous for the ring, we had like a thousand page thread about this already, I'd like to see it more in combat sports. The way the majority of them train,they would get their asses kicked in or outside of the ring by most decent boxers or Judoka.

Where did this rant suddenly come from, are you on your period or something?

Why the fuck would I accept an invite from a sherdog poster even if he is a coach, just to satisfy the curiosity of some posters who doubt that I can fight?

It's not like I don't have the means to in real life or can't find mma gyms and various other outlets.
I was going to visit the mma gym that the guy I sparred with was training at, and most likely will at some point or another one once my conditioning is where its at as the training was good and I enjoy mixing it up but my cardio needs to get up there as well.

And yes , we have already been over this. I have confidence in my Judo background and confidence in my punching power and close range reflexes from chi sau.
That's enough for me and why I will enjoy mixing things up training a bit at an mma gym with guys from different backgrounds. Theres definitely something I miss from the more full on sparring type training like in Judo which will be good to get back into.

We each have different aims.
I don't recall myself deriding people who did combat sports before be it pure wrestling, Judo, boxing or Muay Thai since I have done so myself even if not to that level of an amateur fighter.

Yes Bruce Lee was a Cha Cha dancer and another famous guy was a ballet dancer.
7ccd12474f6e8ab638bc44647b9c43b1.jpg
jean-claude-van-damme-body-4.jpg
tumblr_mbbbt8J4Ls1rh5z96o1_r6_400.gif
The dance connection is real.

But I don't see your problem with the Cossack dance.
I mean you just raved about the benefits of Ballet, and Hopak has its benefits as well and is also tied to an actual military tradition.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget how shitty and homophobic guys come across for the “hahaha you did a
Its true but I dont really care about that. Was in ballet from being 6years old onwards so I dealt with this as a very young child and even back then I didnt give a crap about it. Today is a "I am offended culture so cancel him" at play but to me its much more important to allow people free speech even if its like
that and be able to deal with it. Better for a free society. Its ok if people cant connect with ballet. My son makes fun of it. Intersting enough I got back into martial art even full contact but when I tried to get back into ballet I had to accept that I am not capable anymore. Its too demanding especially on the ankles. The toughest instructor I ever had was a former prima ballerina at elite international level. Karate and Judo later was a joke compared to the discipline she expected.

Well not sure if it was the ballet comment but I got my first yellow here in 20 years lol.
And definately nothing out of the ordinary in my posts or particularly provocative.
I guess cancel culture is real.

So this is like the Shaolin temple of Cossack martial arts.
Zaporizhia in Ukraine

Requisites seem to be:
Baggy pants
Whip
Bow
Well groomed mustache

Dancers have been the fastest to pick up striking arts in my experience. I’ve taught boxing to people with experience in damn near every sport out there and dancers are far and away the easiest to train. They’ve spent all that time watching and mimicking movement so their mind/body connection is solid

I remember Eddie Bravo raving about ten years back about a wave of students who were into break dance / b boy dance at a high level being excellent at transitioning into jiu jitsu. He was adamant that a big part of it was the excellent fluid balance, core strength, and ability to surf and transition were large parts of it but I'm sure there was also a degree of the ol' "ok now copy this complex movement" skill that dancers pick up a long the way.

On the ballet and dudes topic...

Went to undergrad with a straight guy on the school chearleading team who started out on my floor in the dorms.

He said he got into it in high school but was now getting a scholarship to hold hot girls in the air. Most of the time the girls were in long term relationships but they were always setting him up with their friends.

We were friends with a bunch of the rugby players and went to all the rugby house parties.

While the dude's official nickname became "Cheerleader" right off the bat, none of the upper classmen rugby guys tolerated anyone messing with "Cheerleader".

Because Cheerleader brought his teammates and their sorority friends to parties all the god damn time.

Cheerleader was a legend, and anyone who tried to make gay jokes at him got thrown out of the rugby house within minutes.

"How you gonna call Cheerleader a F***** when you came to our party with a bunch of dicks? GTFO!"

But I don't see your problem with the Cossack dance.
I mean you just raved about the benefits of Ballet, and Hopak has its benefits as well and is also tied to an actual military tradition.

I recall you being the one who derided Ballet because of its "homosexual" connotations and wanted to educate you on the benefits of it. Hopak has about 1/8th the benefits in combat that Ballet would have lmao.

The problem you have is you're not open to a new way of thinking. I'll actively read your threads and reply with my thoughts, but they can be swayed. You are hell bent on your way or the highway.

Also you likely got your yellow for the post about me that got removed. I didn't report you but someone must have.

Last edited:
Back