News Contender Series 2021 fights

Rooting for jasmine and aaron but thay ciao guy a tough opponent.

According to Kuniev he fights Edvian Santos at September 28th.

August 31st

HW - Lukasz Brzeski (8-1-1) Vs Lorenzo Hood (12-4)

September 14th

LHW - Jailton Junior (13-2) Vs Nasrudin Nasrudinov (9-0)
FLW - Julia Polastri (8-2) Vs Jasmine Jasaduvicius (5-1)

September 21st

MW - Hashem Arkhagha (6-0) Vs AJ Dobson (5-0)

September 28th

MW - Caio Borralho (8-1) Vs Aaron Jeffery (10-2)
MW - Albert Duraev (13-3) Vs Caio Bittencourt (14-6)
HW - Edivan Santos (12-2) Vs Rizvan Kuniev (10-2-1)

Names on the Fight Pass app that are unconfirmed for booked fights as of yet or confirmed as taking part through other sources.

Arman Ashimov - FLW (11-3-1)
Khusein Askhabov - BW (23-0)
Joanderson Brito - BW (11-2-1)
Leonardo Damiani - WW (10-2-1)
AJ Fletcher - WW (7-0)
Muin Gafurov - BW (16-3)
Jake Hadley - FLW (7-0)
Jamey-Lynn Horth-Wessels - FLW (4-0)
Alberto Montes - BW (6-0)
Chidi Njoukuani - MW (19-7)
Kyle Noblitt - HW (11-2)
Alex Pereira - MW (3-1)
Igor Poterya - MW (18-2)
Kleydson Rodrigues - FLW (6-1)
Juancamilo Ronderos - FLW (4-0)
Vinicius Salvador - BW (12-4)
Lukasz Sudolski - HW (8-0)
CJ Vergara - FLW (8-2-1)

Just because some are starting to filter through

That's a good one, not sure if it's at 115 or 125.

Hood looks like a can crusher to me, so he could be in trouble in this one.

Thank you sir. You're one of my favorite posters here. Always bring great content. Have a good week buddeh.

Looks like they are going forward with Contender Series Asia and going full ahead with the push for the Chinese market

Looks like they are going forward with Contender Series Asia and going full ahead with the push for the Chinese market

Christ, can you imagine how shit this will be?

Remember that TUF China? Fucking hell, that was horrendously poor.

Dana has gone on record and said he wants 60 Chinese fighters in the UFC. I love the UFC taking in average Chinese regional guys. But remember that Russian and other top prospects have to fight for years in top promotions just to get the privilege of getting on Contender Series

Hopefully they also include some Japanese, Korean, Afghani, Kazakh, Tajik, Filipino etc fighters too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Vergara is the FFC Flyweight champ and Ronderos beat UFC vet Eric Shelton in only his 4th pro fight.

Few new names on the app

Mo Miller who I think is awesome has been added as has Brandon Lewis who I figure he'll be fighting as they're in the same division.

Also highly rated Aussie prospect who I haven't had chance to see yet Jack Della Madallena who's on a 9 fight finish streak added at the same time as Swiss WW Ange Loosa.

Based on what metric?

Wang Sai left the UFC off of a win on his own terms, because the UFC was too cheap to pay him what he was worth. He had a great career post-UFC.

Lipeng Zhang is a very good fighter who had a great post-UFC career. Hell, he's still only 31.

Ning Guangyou got cut from the UFC for losing a competitive decision to Marlon Vera.

I'm genuinely not sure why Jianping Yang didn't continue with the UFC. Like Wang Sai, he had all the intangibles to be the face of Chinese MMA.

Was it a great season? No.

Based on what metric?

Wang Sai left the UFC off of a win on his own terms, because the UFC was too cheap to pay him what he was worth. He had a great career post-UFC.

Lipeng Zhang is a very good fighter who had a great post-UFC career. Hell, he's still only 31.

Ning Guangyou got cut from the UFC for losing a competitive decision to Marlon Vera.

I'm genuinely not sure why Jianping Yang didn't continue with the UFC. Like Wang Sai, he had all the intangibles to be the face of Chinese MMA.

Was it a great season? No.

On the metric that it was STINKING.

Lukasz Sudolski willa also fight on the contender series.
Fought mostly bums but to be fair he looked pretty good in these fights. Unfortunately most of the times, when he was scheduled to get an actual test, his opponents dropped out.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Lukasz-Sudolski-124729

Yeah, he was one of the ones I caught them adding to the fight pass app. I checked out a couple of fights and he looks like a beast, but as you say against lowish level competition.

My Fight Pass intuition tells me that Mandy Bohm (7-0) and Natalia Silva (12-5-1) will be fighting each other.

My Fight Pass intuition tells me that Mandy Bohm (7-0) and Natalia Silva (12-5-1) will be fighting each other.
After Burlinson signing with Cage Warriors and now Bohm with Contender Series, hope Bellator doesn't regret releasing those two

Also since when is Simon Biyong on the fight Pass app? I was looking for Bohm's name and saw him show up

Is he another European based fighter Bellator released because they can't hold shows there?

Last edited:
Back