News Contender Series 2021 fights

Looks like a good switch up for Brundage to me, Barnes looks like a bit of a can crusher.

Looks like a good switch up for Brundage to me, Barnes looks like a bit of a can crusher.

Weird situation where they wanted to get rid of one of the wrestlers in typical Dana fashion, but then there was the Nick Diaz fight that was popular with fans and Maximov is like Nate's personal bodyguard/butler. So they signed him after the Diaz fight despite him not fighting since last year's Contender Series. So then Brundage had no opponent and now he has a chance to compete in his fight and potentially both of them sneak in.

Weird situation where they wanted to get rid of one of the wrestlers in typical Dana fashion, but then there was the Nick Diaz fight that was popular with fans and Maximov is like Nate's personal bodyguard/butler. So they signed him after the Diaz fight despite him not fighting since last year's Contender Series. So then Brundage had no opponent and now he has a chance to compete in his fight and potentially both of them sneak in.

From what I read about the Maximov situation is that they signed him for a late replacement fight but then the guy he was signed to fight wouldn't take the fight but they kept him anyway.

From what I read about the Maximov situation is that they signed him for a late replacement fight but then the guy he was signed to fight wouldn't take the fight but they kept him anyway.
I mean I heard that too but even if we grant the veracity of that story, I doubt he would be the next guy up waiting in the wings for a replacement fight if he wasn't connected.

There were Russian video interview with Maximov some months ago and journalist was like -- you won your fight why they didn't sign you? Maximov answered that he thinks that Dana plans to incude him in current season of TUF.

Dunno who he'll get but he looked really good in his last LFA fight so good for him.

There were Russian video interview with Maximov some months ago and journalist was like -- you won your fight why they didn't sign you? Maximov answered that he thinks that Dana plans to incude him in current season of TUF.
TUF sucks and I legit don’t know anyone who watches it. I’m happy the UFC can burn 9 million per season but can’t up the bonuses to 75K, which would be the cost off about 4 episodes

E6i6-QWXMAAqFpQ

Some decent scraps there.

Guessing Duncan just sat out the year to get out off the matching clause with Bellator

easy opponent as well who only fights debuting cans

Problem with can crushers is you don't really know how good they are.

E6i6-QWXMAAqFpQ

Some decent scraps there.
Nasrudin Nasrudinov could be really good. He and Muslim Magomedov are probably 2 of the top LHW prospects right now. I think he'll probably strike vs. Jailton Junior? He will be primarily a wrestler moving forward. I think he just needs to go to a gym like ATT to develop his potential. His current Gym Universal Fighters FC is just not there in terms of innovation. He also recently posted photos of him training in Dagestan with Eagles MMA, that might work as well. His freestyle wrestling is very good, his single leg, double leg, pressure, take down defense. But his wall wrestling/clinch work need improvement, and that's where a lot of the recent innovations in MMA have taken place and he needs to learn those techniques as well. But if he gets those down I think it'd be very hard for fighters to stop him.

Nasrudin Nasrudinov could be really good. He and Muslim Magomedov are probably 2 of the top LHW prospects right now. I think he'll probably strike vs. Jailton Junior? He will be primarily a wrestler moving forward. I think he just needs to go to a gym like ATT to develop his potential. His current Gym Universal Fighters FC is just not there in terms of innovation. He also recently posted photos of him training in Dagestan with Eagles MMA, that might work as well. His freestyle wrestling is very good, his single leg, double leg, pressure, take down defense. But his wall wrestling/clinch work need improvement, and that's where a lot of the recent innovations in MMA have taken place and he needs to learn those techniques as well. But if he gets those down I think it'd be very hard for fighters to stop him.

I like him a lot too, but I like Jailton even more. It's an outstanding matchup.

I like him a lot too, but I like Jailton even more. It's an outstanding matchup.
Win or lose, both guys should be signed by bigger promotions. That goes for a lot off other matchups this season.

I think he trained not so long ago at MMA Factory or what is the name of the gym where Gane trains? Coach of Gane mentioned in interview that Nasrudinov, Imavov and 2 other guys whose names I forgot helped them to prepare for Volkov by watching his interviews and interviews of his coach and summarizing what they said in them.

I think he trained not so long ago at MMA Factory or what is the name of the gym where Gane trains? Coach of Gane mentioned in interview that Nasrudinov, Imavov and 2 other guys whose names I forgot helped them to prepare for Volkov by watching his interviews and interviews of his coach and summarizing what they said in them.
Yeah, MMA Factory Paris. I mean I think that'll be good for his striking. I wasn't aware of their reputation as a wrestling gym more or less, but I think he wants to improve everywhere.

Looks likely that 7-0 Israeli WW Shimon Smotritsky who's had a couple of fights on the Bellator Israel shows will be fighting 6-1-1 Team Alpha Male Canadian fighter Mike Malott who's only loss is to Hakeem Dawodu and who beat Solomon Renfro, even if I think Renfro would win a rematch.

Some new fighters added

9-1 BW Fernie Garcia who I've been so-so on when I've seen him in LFA.
14-3 Brazilian FW Pedro Falcao
9-0 Mexican LW Genaro Valdez
9-1 LW Patrik White
6-0 FW Paul Capaldo

Some new fighters added

9-1 BW Fernie Garcia who I've been so-so on when I've seen him in LFA.
14-3 Brazilian FW Pedro Falcao
9-0 Mexican LW Genaro Valdez
9-1 LW Patrik White
6-0 FW Paul Capaldo

Some tidy records there. Haven't looked at the quality of their competition, though.

Back