Contender Series 2021: Week 2

Really tempted to make a parlay with Korea, Gafurov, Oliveira and Quinlan now that Weeks is out.

Gafurov doesn't seem like a world beater, but he's a good kickboxer who went the distance with Lineker in a fun fight. Anheliger's a guy who started off his career 2-5 and has been 8-0 since, including a win over a recent TUF finalist. That being said, he's not really impressive anywhere, and Gafurov should be better everywhere. -200 was a steal, really mad my book added it late.

Think Chidi should win. Sousa's primarily a striker, and Chidi is just better there. Haven't been able to find footage of Chidi's old TKO losses, but he's only been tko'd with gnp in the past 10 years. Considering the level of competition he's fought I have to assume he has a decent chin. Unless Sousa's the one to crack it, Chidi should get a knockout or decision. Sousa has pretty good bjj but isn't really a wrestler, and if he goes that route I think Chidi has enough experience to defensively handle average wrestling.

I'm pulling for all the favourites here and aswell as backing Chidi via better stand up n more experienced so hopefully can dictate the pace n avoid the ground game.

2 parlays at play for me
$70 on gafurov, Quinlan, Olivera, Korea to win $270

$10 with the same above with Chidi to win $70

Gafurov 500 to win 275

Hard to get a read on much else. Lean Sousa, think Urban line is wide

Gafurov/Anhelinger- Un 2.5-165
Vegara+160
Alday+150
Alday/Oliveria-Over 1.5-150
Souza-115
Souza/Njouaki-Under 1.5+115
Quinlan/Urban-Under 1.5 +100

All the bets for 75$ I hit a golf parlay other day where they had to be the overall winner heads up match I dont really know but had to beat the other golfer for the tourney 8 golfers 5$ paid out 1442$ forgot to take a pic

Don't understand the Gafurov line at all. His record is very padded, and he got completely dominated by Reece Mclaren (who is underrated). His only impressive performance was his loss to Lineker.

Anheliger hasn't lost in 5 years and is coming off a 3rd round win over Heistand.

Very easy decision to play Anheliger at +285.

I´m not sure how many people have watched Anheliger´s last two most recent fights, as they seem to be behind a paywall. Looks like a dangerous line to be on betting Gafurov at current odds. Even -213 wasn´t that tempting, due to the concerns imo.

Don't understand the Gafurov line at all. His record is very padded, and he got completely dominated by Reece Mclaren (who is underrated). His only impressive performance was his loss to Lineker.

Anheliger hasn't lost in 5 years and is coming off a 3rd round win over Heistand.

Very easy decision to play Anheliger at +285.

McLaren's a pressure wrestler who just outwrestled him, and it wasn't like it was a non-competitive fight. Anheliger's not gonna do that and, if anything, Gafurov probably has a grappling edge. Also was 5 years ago.

Sure Gafurov has fought his handful of sus competition but it's overall a better resume than Anheliger's. Also worth pointing out Anheliger's getting older in MMA years and hasn't fought in 2 years, while Tafurov's only 25 and is still somehow more experienced

Revolver beat me to it. Plus Heistad was only 20 years old when Anheliger fought him.

Haven't taped anything but I'll add my two cents from the weigh-ins. Vergara had to weigh-in at least twice to get to 126. Alday looks like he cuts alot of weight to make FW as well, makes me wonder what his cardio will look like.

Back