Contender Series 2021: Week 3

lol calm down dude, most of my likes are from making jokes in the heavies.

Polastri Vs Jasmine was close anyway, I said she'd come on strong later in the fight and get in her face and she did that but Jasmine had a much better first round than I expected.

Im referring to my breakdown on page 1, which got no likes while the new poster who posted a breakdown of their own a day later that included all of the same correct picks (and some wrong ones) got tons of likes.

As I said, people in here are only looking for their biases on certain fighters to be confirmed.

You may have watched those women fight, but you needlessly (in the betting thread, not the general forum) wrote that the physical advantage between the atomweight and the big flyweight wouldnt matter; which it obviously did.

As I said, wont be wasting my time in here anymore.

Also here's my overall predictions for the card.

78722-2472514.png

Hardly bad imo.

Do you want a trophy?

Were you telling folks to bet on Polastri; yes you were.

Were you telling folks to be on the other fighters; no you were not.

Enough said.

4/5 pretty god damn accurate. And the one I did not get correct was an underdog who I listed as my second least confident pick.

Posters like @Hellowhosthat were advocating for folks to light their money on fire by betting on Julia a 22 year old atomweight going up against a 5"7 very athletic flyweight who unsurprisingly as I said would happen won the fight by imposing her will on her and overpowering her despite being the worse fighter. Still has multiple likes on his posts

Posters like @Zakk Lanphear while well intentioned posted his breakdown over a day after mine. He posted all of the same picks as I did, with the exception of one (Potter), who he was advocating for folks to light their money on fire by betting on. His breakdown, which included no correct picks that mine did not have, though it did include wrong ones has tons of likes. Tells you a lot about what folks in here are looking for in reality; for others to confirm their preconceived biases on certain fights not actually gain insight.

Posters like @BigSteve writing diatribes questioning my breakdown on not picking Della, on a coin-flip fight which despite being correct on he ended up having a terrible read on, as it was Della who gassed. Unsurprisingly he lit his money on fire betting on Potter, who had no path too victory, since he clearly is not watching these regional fights.

Not a single like on the first poster (my post) who took the time to watch all the fights instead of watching one fight as others do and wikicap from there, went 4/5, and actually correctly broke down how most of the fights were going to go.

Now I understand why these betting threads which at one time were booming are dead. Folks don't want to waste their time anymore when they get nothing but resentment if their posts dont confirm the incorrect biases of the folks in these threads.

I don't like posts that put down regional fighters who read/speak english as there is a chance they will see what people write about them. But Dylan Potter had absolutely no chance of winning and anyone who advocated for or put their money on him was wiki-capping and did not watch the fights of him or Brzeski. The guy had absolutely no paths to victory, none, and considering how many in here were posting their bets on him its pretty obvious most of the people posting in here arent actually watching fights and wikicapping.

Wont make the mistake again of wasting my time yelling into the void in these threads anymore, have fun wikicapping.
You feeling some type of way this morning bruh?

I’ll give you a like bruh. Barry Horowitz

4/5 pretty god damn accurate. And the one I did not get correct was an underdog who I listed as my second least confident pick.

Posters like @Hellowhosthat were advocating for folks to light their money on fire by betting on Julia a 22 year old atomweight going up against a 5"7 very athletic flyweight who unsurprisingly as I said would happen won the fight by imposing her will on her and overpowering her despite being the worse fighter. Still has multiple likes on his posts

Posters like @Zakk Lanphear while well intentioned posted his breakdown over a day after mine. He posted all of the same picks as I did, with the exception of one (Potter), who he was advocating for folks to light their money on fire by betting on. His breakdown, which included no correct picks that mine did not have, though it did include wrong ones has tons of likes. Tells you a lot about what folks in here are looking for in reality; for others to confirm their preconceived biases on certain fights not actually gain insight.

Posters like @BigSteve writing diatribes questioning my breakdown on not picking Della, on a coin-flip fight which despite being correct on he ended up having a terrible read on, as it was Della who gassed. Unsurprisingly he lit his money on fire betting on Potter, who had no path too victory, since he clearly is not watching these regional fights.

Not a single like on the first poster (my post) who took the time to watch all the fights instead of watching one fight as others do and wikicap from there, went 4/5, and actually correctly broke down how most of the fights were going to go.

Now I understand why these betting threads which at one time were booming are dead. Folks don't want to waste their time anymore when they get nothing but resentment if their posts dont confirm the incorrect biases of the folks in these threads.

I don't like posts that put down regional fighters who read/speak english as there is a chance they will see what people write about them. But Dylan Potter had absolutely no chance of winning and anyone who advocated for or put their money on him was wiki-capping and did not watch the fights of him or Brzeski. The guy had absolutely no paths to victory, none, and considering how many in here were posting their bets on him its pretty obvious most of the people posting in here arent actually watching fights and wikicapping.

Wont make the mistake again of wasting my time yelling into the void in these threads anymore, have fun wikicapping.

Who hurt you bro? Upset people didn't like your wall of text? I was offering my opinion on the Della fight, like I do with most posters on here. I said Loosa was a terrible minute winner which he by losing a clear 30-27. He didnt throw much other than a jab and leg kick and got out volumed. Anyone throwing the kind of volume of Della is going to gass.

I tape every fight I bet, and after taping the HW fight I concluded Potter is shit and so is his opponent. Will gladly burn $90 on a massive underdog on DWCS in a low lvl HW fight. Especially considering $90 wasn't even a 0.2u bet.

Do you want a trophy?

Were you telling folks to bet on Polastri; yes you were.

Were you telling folks to be on the other fighters; no you were not.

Enough said.

Who cares about how many likes you get?

I didn't tell people to bet on Polastri, I merely offered my take on the fight. The only round Jasmine dominated physically was round one and that was only because Julia locked herself on the bottom and didn't try to get up, once she realised she could get back to her feet she was doing so and was winning the striking exchanges. I said I didn't think Jas would like the pressure that Julia put on her and I don't think she did.

You and I had the same amount of misses. You missed on Loosa, I missed on a +350 that I said had fair potential to lose. I like how you imply I bit your bets when our breakdowns aren't similar, newsflash turbo, there was only 6 fights, of course there's gonna be overlap. You're in here talking about people wiki capping when your "breakdowns" are mostly measurables and record posting. People like my posts because it's actual technical analysis.

In short we both had positive days, both provided value to this forum and were the only people doing long form writeups, don't be a salty dweeb because you got less fake internet points.

Last edited:
Only Jailton and maybe Duraev have got some solid potential.

In my opinion Mo had the most potential, even in a stacked BW division. Yet he was the only one not to get signed haha
he looked pretty bad imo, maybe lewis was doing relatively well.

78722-2447916.png

I got them all correct so I'm a better person than u.

Im referring to my breakdown on page 1, which got no likes while the new poster who posted a breakdown of their own a day later that included all of the same correct picks (and some wrong ones) got tons of likes.

As I said, people in here are only looking for their biases on certain fighters to be confirmed.

You may have watched those women fight, but you needlessly (in the betting thread, not the general forum) wrote that the physical advantage between the atomweight and the big flyweight wouldnt matter; which it obviously did.

As I said, wont be wasting my time in here anymore.
Man, you're on the betting discussion complaining about likes? You should be more than happy with getting most of your picks right and making money rather than being at the top of a popularity contest or something.

I for one appreciated that post please don't stop!

Back