News CoronaVIRUS MEGA THREAD DEATH TOLL: 452,271

Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look maybe I'm just a dumbass (entirely possible) . Looking at the Worldometer stats for Just NY - things aren't adding up at all to what Im being told of Covid.

(rounding to nearest thousand)

total cases (active and with a an outcome) 189K cases (actual 188,694)

total deaths 9K (actual 9,385)

active current - 162K cases

cases with resolution - 26K cases that had a resolution

these are the raw fact numbers by Worldometer (a trusted source for info with little known bias)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So according to this after about a month of legit data collection.......

34.6% mortality rate on cases with a resolution

Even if every single active case lives in NY ...... Mortality rate would be 4.7-5% .

Obviously everyone in the 162 active cases won't all live and the likely MR is at least around 8-10% if not higher.

NOTE: New York has not had anyone that needed a hospital bed or ventilator go without - so people have been getting treated.

Everything I seem to see or read states the MR of CV19 is likely really around .5 to 2% in advanced countries maybe 3 to 5% in not so advanced countries.

WTF am I missing here? Either shit is a lot worse than reported, the stats are being manipulated severely , or Im just a dumbfuck who has no understanding of basic math.
Its a simple answer, the health systems are already completely overwhelmed yet thousands of new cases appear everyday.
In Italy, for example, they were chosing who gets a ventilator and who doesnt, simply because there are not enough ventilators … they were essentially chosing who dies.
Also, there are different strains, and each with a different virulence.

Last edited:
Look maybe I'm just a dumbass (entirely possible) . Looking at the Worldometer stats for Just NY - things aren't adding up at all to what Im being told of Covid.

(rounding to nearest thousand)

total cases (active and with a an outcome) 189K cases (actual 188,694)

total deaths 9K (actual 9,385)

active current - 162K cases

cases with resolution - 26K cases that had a resolution

these are the raw fact numbers by Worldometer (a trusted source for info with little known bias)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So according to this after about a month of legit data collection.......

34.6% mortality rate on cases with a resolution

Even if every single active case lives in NY ...... Mortality rate would be 4.7-5% .

Obviously everyone in the 162 active cases won't all live and the likely MR is at least around 8-10% if not higher.

NOTE: New York has not had anyone that needed a hospital bed or ventilator go without - so people have been getting treated.

Everything I seem to see or read states the MR of CV19 is likely really around .5 to 2% in advanced countries maybe 3 to 5% in not so advanced countries.

WTF am I missing here? Either shit is a lot worse than reported, the stats are being manipulated severely , or Im just a dumbfuck who has no understanding of basic math.

Total cases does not actually equal total cases.

People dying with corona is not the same as people dying of corona.

Saturday, yesterday :

Total cases - 1.765.524 (+ 77.667)
Total deaths - 108.042 (+ 5.844)

Sunday, today :

Total cases - 1.841.123 (+ 75.599)
Total deaths - 113.479 (+ 5.437)
Critical condition - 50.765

trump-points-finger-brain-head.jpg

LMAO we are doomed

President Donald Trump pointed to his own head when asked on Friday what metrics he would consider when it came to a decision on reopening parts of the country following the coronavirus pandemic.

“The metrics right here, that’s my metrics,” Trump said. “That’s all I can do"
<TheDonald>
Didn't the Mooch declare he had the best instincts of all time? That was before the Mooch became enlightened and started shit talking him again.

Total cases does not actually equal total cases.

People dying with corona is not the same as people dying of corona.

First one I agree with and were going to have to constantly point this out to people in this thread.

Deaths.. Because cross-disease mortality is so predominant a week or two ago I tried to get some data from the WHO's website about deaths in the states from illness/disease (as opposed to violence/suicide/birth) and their numbers from 2016 were about double what the UN and CDC are reporting total deaths that year. I asked them if this could be attributed to dying from multiple causes but they sent back some prepackaged press email apologizing because they're busy, etc.

Anyway I gave up and based my model on the elderly, but the high rate of deaths from NY state might be indicative of unhealthy lifestyle or pollution-related factors. They're definitely higher than they should be but I should double check my sources for MY elderly demographics later, too.

Saw someone speeding on the highway yesterday with NY stickers on their SUV. Reminds me of how I'd see a bunch of Louisiana plates further north after Katrina. Highway Patrol has been more actuve, thankfully perhaps to discourage asylum seekers that will spread this faster to places that haven't been hit hard, yet.

First one I agree with and were going to have to constantly point this out to people in this thread.

Deaths.. Because cross-disease mortality is so predominant a week or two ago I tried to get some data from the WHO's website about deaths in the states from illness/disease (as opposed to violence/suicide/birth) and their numbers from 2016 were about double what the UN and CDC are reporting total deaths that year. I asked them if this could be attributed to dying from multiple causes but they sent back some prepackaged press email apologizing because they're busy, etc.

Anyway I gave up and based my model on the elderly, but the high rate of deaths from NY state might be indicative of unhealthy lifestyle or pollution-related factors. They're definitely higher than they should be but I should double check my sources for MY elderly demographics later, too.

Saw someone speeding on the highway yesterday with NY stickers on their SUV. Reminds me of how I'd see a bunch of Louisiana plates further north after Katrina. Highway Patrol has been more actuve, thankfully perhaps to discourage asylum seekers that will spread this faster to places that haven't been hit hard, yet.

Well I know the UK count anyone who dies in hospital with corona gas a +1 on official figures, regardless if it had 0% (or near) of a contribution. Assume the rest of the world is doing the same.

Have deaths by other methods gone down in recent weeks.......would be interesting to see the correlation.

I don't understand why they would initiate a test they couldn't complete and charge nine thousand dollars.

The story doesn't feel right. If this happened to me I would have gone ballistic.

I don't understand why they would initiate a test they couldn't complete and charge nine thousand dollars.

The story doesn't feel right. If this happened to me I would have gone ballistic.

Only non third world county that isn't providing free health care. You guys spent $82 billion to give everyone $2K a month. We spent $2.2 trillion to give everyone $1200 and a $600 kicker for a few months each week. You guys are already set up on Healthcare. America is a ridiculous.

I wonder how many (if any) healthy people died from this?

If we take away other things like overweight, underweight, cancer, weak heart, ashma, and drugs/smoking

Only non third world county that isn't providing free health care. You guys spent $82 billion to give everyone $2K a month. We spent $2.2 trillion to give everyone $1200 and a $600 kicker for a few months each week. You guys are already set up on Healthcare. America is a ridiculous.
Problems is doctor salaries are way too high in America and the doctor's aren't going to want to give that up to move to a free healthcare system.

I wonder how many (if any) healthy people died from this?

If we take away other things like overweight, underweight, cancer, weak heart, ashma, and drugs/smoking

its possible since this nearly killed some marathon runner in italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back