Coronavirus not very megathread.

What? Which one?

R.32c62bcb9b002e4abf0fabb86cfe38d9

My point was the folks who were saying that Covid was "just the flu" have said that about the deadliest pandemic is U S. history.

But it is a flu.. its a coronavirus .. its a flu .. looking at the symptom list.. its a cold/flu

Double vaccination halves risk of Long COVID
Adults who have received a double vaccination are 49% less likely to have Long COVID should they contract a COVID-19 infection.

Researchers at King’s College London analysed data from participants logging their symptoms, tests and vaccines on the UK ZOE COVID Symptom Study app between 8th December 2020 and 4 July 2021, including 1,240,009 (first dose) and 971,504 (second dose) vaccinated UK adults. The research team assessed a range of factors, including age, frailty and areas of deprivation and compared that with post-vaccination infection.

The study, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, found that in the unlikely event of catching COVID-19 after being double vaccinated, the risk of Long COVID was reduced by almost half. There were also fewer hospitalisations (73% less likely) and lower burden of acute symptoms (31% less likely) among those fully vaccinated.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/double-vaccination-halves-risk-of-long-covid

What are the symptoms of long Covid?

Although most people who get Covid-19 recover quickly, for some the effects of the virus can last for weeks or months. This is known as “long Covid”.

For some, it can seem like a cycle of improving for a time and then getting worse again. These long-term effects aren’t only among those who needed to go to hospital, or even who felt seriously unwell when they first caught the virus.

Lasting symptoms of coronavirus can include:

fatigue
breathlessness or shortness of breath
difficulty sleeping
anxiety and depression
heart palpitations
chest tightness or pain
joint or muscle pain
not being able to think straight or focus (‘brain fog’)
change to your sense of smell or taste
persistent cough

Is it normal to get chest pain after Covid?

Chest pain is a common symptom of Covid-19. Some people are experiencing chest pain that lasts beyond their initial Covid-19 infection, or that starts in the weeks after they’ve had the virus.

Look in the mirror and you will see the clown

I think its a bit of this mixed with clown ..

MESSIAH COMPLEX PSYCHOLOGY

Most people today are having curiosity about messiah complex psychology. Actually, this is a complex psychological state when a person believes that he or she is a savior today or he or she will be like that in the near future. The world “messiah complex” is does not concentrates on the statistical and diagnostic delusions or delusion of grandeur. This kind of psychological issue is usually acquired by patients who have schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. According to some surveys, about 10 percent of psychological patients suffer from this. It is true that people can always be a savior. However, acting as the savior of the whole world is somewhat impossible.

A nurse's training didn't protect her from vaccine misinformation. Now, she's one of the victims of Covid-19

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210920203543-01-natalie-rise-video-synd-2.jpg

"Natalie Rise was a registered nurse in Idaho who loved her job as a home health care worker before she decided to stay at home with her special-needs twins, according to her brother, Daryl Rise.

But her science-based training to become an RN was apparently no match for the disinformation about Covid-19 vaccines being shared across social media, according to her brother.

Rise refused to be vaccinated, even as the virus surged in her city, Coeur d'Alene. And even as her mother lay in a coma in a hospital bed, fighting for life against Covid, Natalie advised her family against being vaccinated.

"She was telling me not to get vaccinated," Daryl Rise told CNN. "I think it was from misinformation, I think it was falling into negative social media and bloggers, YouTubers."

His sister didn't think there had been studies on the vaccines, Daryl Rise said.

There have been numerous scientific studies of the vaccines, testing on thousands of people and millions have received them after authorities granted approval based on those studies.

According to the CDC, 54.7% of the US population is fully vaccinated. However, in Idaho, it's only 40.8%.

Natalie Rise, 46, died August 22, one of the many unvaccinated patients who have triggered a capacity crisis in Idaho hospitals that's flowing into Spokane, Washington, which is about 33 miles away.

Idaho last week said that healthcare providers are allowed to ration care, meaning that providers decide who is sickest and needing immediate care, and who must wait for care.

A nurse's training didn't protect her from vaccine misinformation. Now, she's one of the victims of Covid-19 | By Taboola News

One thing I learned from my military career... Training is of no use if you ignore it.

R.I.P.

she was obese .. seems every person like this that is brought up was a fat slob .. she died because she was a fat slob not because she got c19 .. had she been lean and in shape, she would most likely be alive .. why aren't there alerts everywhere on tv telling people to not be fat because it can kill you if you get c19 .. you would think that would be pushed aggressively in the media but I've never seen anyone on tv even mention it ... but they sure love talking about the vaccine .. this is why I take absolutely everything I see on tv/media with a grain of salt

Double vaccination halves risk of Long COVID
Adults who have received a double vaccination are 49% less likely to have Long COVID should they contract a COVID-19 infection.

Researchers at King’s College London analysed data from participants logging their symptoms, tests and vaccines on the UK ZOE COVID Symptom Study app between 8th December 2020 and 4 July 2021, including 1,240,009 (first dose) and 971,504 (second dose) vaccinated UK adults. The research team assessed a range of factors, including age, frailty and areas of deprivation and compared that with post-vaccination infection.

The study, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, found that in the unlikely event of catching COVID-19 after being double vaccinated, the risk of Long COVID was reduced by almost half. There were also fewer hospitalisations (73% less likely) and lower burden of acute symptoms (31% less likely) among those fully vaccinated.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/double-vaccination-halves-risk-of-long-covid

What are the symptoms of long Covid?

Although most people who get Covid-19 recover quickly, for some the effects of the virus can last for weeks or months. This is known as “long Covid”.

For some, it can seem like a cycle of improving for a time and then getting worse again. These long-term effects aren’t only among those who needed to go to hospital, or even who felt seriously unwell when they first caught the virus.

Lasting symptoms of coronavirus can include:

fatigue
breathlessness or shortness of breath
difficulty sleeping
anxiety and depression
heart palpitations
chest tightness or pain
joint or muscle pain
not being able to think straight or focus (‘brain fog’)
change to your sense of smell or taste
persistent cough

Is it normal to get chest pain after Covid?

Chest pain is a common symptom of Covid-19. Some people are experiencing chest pain that lasts beyond their initial Covid-19 infection, or that starts in the weeks after they’ve had the virus.
Funny u speak of long covid when 50% are asymptomatic and other 49% get over flu symptoms in few days

she was obese .. seems every person like this that is brought up was a fat slob .. she died because she was a fat slob not because she got c19 .. had she been lean and in shape, she would most likely be alive .. why aren't there alerts everywhere on tv telling people to not be fat because it can kill you if you get c19 .. you would think that would be pushed aggressively in the media but I've never seen anyone on tv even mention it ... but they sure love talking about the vaccine .. this is why I take absolutely everything I see on tv/media with a grain of salt
Guess you can't fat shame these days, I love how people also blame others for their own decision making.

She would have been researching why not to get vaxxed because she didn't want too.

It's amazing how America, the fat and unhealthy capital of the world are dropping like flies compared to everyone else.

And yet every time I post some "healthy" looking person here who died from Covid...

Silence.... or "Yeah, you're always going to have outliers!" Sucks to be an outlier, I guess.

Fox news wouldn't lie to ME would they??!

th

I Just Cry All the Time': Non-COVID Patients Despair Over Delayed Care

"She had been preparing for back surgery scheduled for Aug. 31, hoping the five-hour procedure would allow her to be more active. But a day before the operation, at OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, she learned it had been canceled. “Nope, you can’t come, our hospital is filling up,” she said she was told.

Faced with a surge of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Oregon, the hospital has not yet rescheduled her surgery. “I don’t know what is going to happen,” O’Donnell said, worrying that her ability to walk might be permanently impaired if she is forced to wait too long.

We are facing a dire situation,” said Dr. Marc Harrison, chief executive of Intermountain Healthcare, the large Utah-based hospital group, which announced a pause of nearly all non-urgent surgeries on Sept. 10.

'I Just Cry All the Time': Non-COVID Patients Despair Over Delayed Care (yahoo.com)

If you're in chronic pain and a surgery could relieve it, you're just gonna have to suck it up and take more Ibuprofen, I guess...

And yet every time I post some "healthy" looking person here who died from Covid...

Silence.... or "Yeah, you're always going to have outliers!" Sucks to be an outlier, I guess.
Because its 2 yrs in bozo, we can see with our own eyes it's a publicity scare, nobody dropping like flies, literally freaking nobody, some pandemic

Because its 2 yrs in bozo, we can see with our own eyes it's a publicity scare, nobody dropping like flies, literally freaking nobody, some pandemic

Yeah, you're right...

Except for the 600,000+ dead from Covid.

{<diva}

Let's hope this holds.

Is The Worst Over? Modelers Predict A Steady Decline In COVID Cases Through March

"Americans may be able to breathe a tentative sigh of relief soon, according to researchers studying the trajectory of the pandemic.

The delta surge appears to be peaking nationally, and cases and deaths will likely decline steadily now through the spring without a significant winter surge, according to a new analysis shared with NPR by a consortium of researchers advising the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Any of us who have been following this closely, given what happened with delta, are going to be really cautious about too much optimism," says Justin Lessler at the University of North Carolina, who helps run the hub. "But I do think that the trajectory is towards improvement for most of the country," he says.

The modelers developed four potential scenarios, taking into account whether or not childhood vaccinations take off and whether a more infectious new variant should emerge.

The most likely scenario, says Lessler, is that children do get vaccinated and no super-spreading variant emerges. In that case, the combo model forecasts that new infections would slowly, but fairly continuously, drop from about 140,000 today now to about 9,000 a day by March."

Modelers Project A Calming Of The Pandemic In The U.S. This Winter : Shots - Health News : NPR

Let's stay the course and get through this!

Back