Coronavirus not very megathread.

Let's hope this holds.

Is The Worst Over? Modelers Predict A Steady Decline In COVID Cases Through March

"Americans may be able to breathe a tentative sigh of relief soon, according to researchers studying the trajectory of the pandemic.

The delta surge appears to be peaking nationally, and cases and deaths will likely decline steadily now through the spring without a significant winter surge, according to a new analysis shared with NPR by a consortium of researchers advising the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Any of us who have been following this closely, given what happened with delta, are going to be really cautious about too much optimism," says Justin Lessler at the University of North Carolina, who helps run the hub. "But I do think that the trajectory is towards improvement for most of the country," he says.

The modelers developed four potential scenarios, taking into account whether or not childhood vaccinations take off and whether a more infectious new variant should emerge.

The most likely scenario, says Lessler, is that children do get vaccinated and no super-spreading variant emerges. In that case, the combo model forecasts that new infections would slowly, but fairly continuously, drop from about 140,000 today now to about 9,000 a day by March."

Modelers Project A Calming Of The Pandemic In The U.S. This Winter : Shots - Health News : NPR

Let's stay the course and get through this!

The Modelers, LOL
Didn’t they predict half the worlds population would be wiped out from Covid, essentially starting this entire debacle?

And yet every time I post some "healthy" looking person here who died from Covid...

Silence.... or "Yeah, you're always going to have outliers!" Sucks to be an outlier, I guess.

Everything repeats. The COVID anti-vax movement does not use a single new argument that has not been used by general anti-vaxxers for, at minimum, decades. Depending on where you live, the only thing new is the greater number of people who have now adopted the anti-vax philosophy.

What does strike me as new is the underlying current of eugenics in the anti-vax movement. Specifically, the notion that COVID really only kills people who are not healthy enough anyway. Since this seems to include old people, anybody suffering from chronic medical conditions and fat people, it is a absolutely huge (no pun) segment of society. I would have thought it would really take a lot to convince a large percentage of the population that the old and the sick are easily expendable, but some countries have proven me wrong.

But perhaps I just missed the obvious signs from the early days of HIV/AIDS where many societies found it easy to avoid empathy by identifying the victims as deviant due to sexual orientation or drug use. Perhaps it is not that large of a leap from saying "if you don't want to get HIV, don't be gay" to "well, old people die of different shit all the time anyways"

It is also an odd strawman to argue that nobody is concerned about obesity. Most societies are obsessed with reducing obesity. The weight loss industry is extremely large and growing (again, no pun). Governments has been running anti-obesity programs for decades. The issue is not that societies are indifferent to the negative impact of obesity but that just like the War on Drugs, the War on Obesity has been an abject failure. Much like with drugs, we can continue to adhere to a paradigm that the issue is one of moral failure and therefore justify the misery and suffering of others or we can try to find actual useful ways to help people.

And people (read: "gullible Libtards") still think Covid came from someone eating Bat Soup.

Incoming Rand Paul rant that all the media will continue to ignore... Fauchi is their god and can do no wrong.

Well... At least Big Pharma is likely paying them to ignore it

The people involved in covering up this story throughout 2020 should be hanged. And I'm inclined to include the self appointed arbiters of truth in the media that participated in this coverup through their sheer incompetence.

"Details of the leaked proposal were released Tuesday by Drastic Research, a group of international scientists investigating the origins of the pandemic."

Googling them shows this:

DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19) is a loose collection of internet activists investigating the origins of COVID-19, in particular the lab leak theory.[1][2][3][4] Most scientists think that COVID-19 likely had a natural origin, but some have considered that the lab leak is still a possibility worth investigating.[5][6] DRASTIC is composed of about 30 core members, whose activity is primarily organized through the social media website Twitter.[1][7][8] They formed in February 2020, at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.[7] DRASTIC members have called for a "full and unrestricted investigation" into the origins of COVID-19, conducted independently of the World Health Organization.[1]

Many of DRASTIC's members use pseudonyms, while identified members have backgrounds including mycology,[9][10] neuroscience, and data science.[7][11] Members of DRASTIC have engaged in personal attacks against virologists and epidemiologists on Twitter, falsely accusing some of working for the Chinese Communist Party.[1]

30 people, mainly using pseudonyms on Twitter, starting flame wars on Twitter? Doesn't sound so legit, does it? Not that this matters to the NY Post, which is mainly concerned with the dating lives of the NY Yankees.

In before:

BN7G6FHQWM7AFJNMM65WHRPFLA.jpg

Everything repeats. The COVID anti-vax movement does not use a single new argument that has not been used by general anti-vaxxers for, at minimum, decades. Depending on where you live, the only thing new is the greater number of people who have now adopted the anti-vax philosophy.

What does strike me as new is the underlying current of eugenics in the anti-vax movement. Specifically, the notion that COVID really only kills people who are not healthy enough anyway. Since this seems to include old people, anybody suffering from chronic medical conditions and fat people, it is a absolutely huge (no pun) segment of society. I would have thought it would really take a lot to convince a large percentage of the population that the old and the sick are easily expendable, but some countries have proven me wrong.

But perhaps I just missed the obvious signs from the early days of HIV/AIDS where many societies found it easy to avoid empathy by identifying the victims as deviant due to sexual orientation or drug use. Perhaps it is not that large of a leap from saying "if you don't want to get HIV, don't be gay" to "well, old people die of different shit all the time anyways"

It is also an odd strawman to argue that nobody is concerned about obesity. Most societies are obsessed with reducing obesity. The weight loss industry is extremely large and growing (again, no pun). Governments has been running anti-obesity programs for decades. The issue is not that societies are indifferent to the negative impact of obesity but that just like the War on Drugs, the War on Obesity has been an abject failure. Much like with drugs, we can continue to adhere to a paradigm that the issue is one of moral failure and therefore justify the misery and suffering of others or we can try to find actual useful ways to help people.

I agree with elements of what you're saying, but sometimes a difficult conversation has to happen.

Lockdowns essentially, gave elderly people maybe 4-5 more years of life. Which is great for them. But the fallout of those lockdowns, is going to see the younger generations have some incredibly rough decades ahead I'd imagine, once the dust settles.

The first man to be vaccinated in the UK was, I think, 81. His name was Bill Shakespeare, brilliantly. He died of natural causes 4-5 months later. That particular guy, was given approximately 12 months more of life by the lockdowns, thats assuming that covid would have killed him had he caught it. It probably would have, I guess.

That's awesome for him. Not so much for the generations who saw their livelihoods snatched away by the lockdowns - lost businesses, debt, unemployed, lost education, lost personal development, mental health problems etc.

Its a really shitty balance to have to confront, though.

No surprises there. These ghouls, Fauci, Daszak, et al, will all be dead when the truth finally comes out - free from repercussions. We'll be told in 10-20yrs that this was the case all along, and we're "only now finding out the truth".

"Details of the leaked proposal were released Tuesday by Drastic Research, a group of international scientists investigating the origins of the pandemic."

Googling them shows this:

DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19) is a loose collection of internet activists investigating the origins of COVID-19, in particular the lab leak theory.[1][2][3][4] Most scientists think that COVID-19 likely had a natural origin, but some have considered that the lab leak is still a possibility worth investigating.[5][6] DRASTIC is composed of about 30 core members, whose activity is primarily organized through the social media website Twitter.[1][7][8] They formed in February 2020, at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.[7] DRASTIC members have called for a "full and unrestricted investigation" into the origins of COVID-19, conducted independently of the World Health Organization.[1]

Many of DRASTIC's members use pseudonyms, while identified members have backgrounds including mycology,[9][10] neuroscience, and data science.[7][11] Members of DRASTIC have engaged in personal attacks against virologists and epidemiologists on Twitter, falsely accusing some of working for the Chinese Communist Party.[1]

30 people, mainly using pseudonyms on Twitter, starting flame wars on Twitter? Doesn't sound so legit, does it? Not that this matters to the NY Post, which is mainly concerned with the dating lives of the NY Yankees.

So your point is, don't believe the messenger of leaked documents?

And people (read: "gullible Libtards") still think Covid came from someone eating Bat Soup.

you know how insane it is to think of all the disinformation media has done on this? For WEEKS CNN and MSM had articles saying how it was impossible this came from a lab and anyone who thought that is insane. Now it turns out it’s almost 100% fact it did indeed come from a lab or was leaked.

I agree with elements of what you're saying, but sometimes a difficult conversation has to happen.

Lockdowns essentially, gave elderly people maybe 4-5 more years of life. Which is great for them. But the fallout of those lockdowns, is going to see the younger generations have some incredibly rough decades ahead I'd imagine, once the dust settles.

The first man to be vaccinated in the UK was, I think, 81. His name was Bill Shakespeare, brilliantly. He died of natural causes 4-5 months later. That particular guy, was given approximately 12 months more of life by the lockdowns, thats assuming that covid would have killed him had he caught it. It probably would have, I guess.

That's awesome for him. Not so much for the generations who saw their livelihoods snatched away by the lockdowns - lost businesses, debt, unemployed, lost education, lost personal development, mental health problems etc.

Its a really shitty balance to have to confront, though.
Theyre now saying if you already have a weak immune system that the vaccine will not work as well, hmmm go figure, think ill stick to getting sick once a year like always

True...

Now let's see how many are dying from a virus where there's a vaccine readily available.
Like Renaissance said, youre giving dying people an extra few months, the rest of us will live on with immunity, vaxxed or not, this will end soon, hopefully this winter like you said earlier.

Back