Coronavirus not very megathread.

90% of all covid cases are caught in homes

Catching covid outside is near impossible since you need to be in close contact with an infected for a good 15 minutes+

Anywhere indoors with good ventilation also stops that

The pandemic has been going on close to two years so we have enough population data to know that masks do nothing

zero ziltch

People like you are as bad as the vaccine deniers in this regard

Just ignore the science and go on "feels"
[<diva4}<{katwhu}><Prem973>
You are doing a self analysis there. Spot on, you are ignorant.
WTF is it with people like you?
Maybe look at the data next time before quoting 'science' or rather 'what you feel is science'.

I'm not going to mince words, there is plenty of evidence that mask wearing reduces transmission, fool.

Now some actual studies:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33431650/
"The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34161332/
"We show that mask mandates are associated with a statistically significant decrease in new cases (-3.55 per 100K), deaths (-0.13 per 100K), and the proportion of hospital admissions (-2.38 percentage points) up to 40 days after the introduction of mask mandates both at the state and county level. These effects are large, corresponding to 14% of the highest recorded number of cases, 13% of deaths, and 7% of admission proportion."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33483277/
"The widespread reported use of face masks combined with physical distancing increases the odds of SARS-CoV-2 transmission control."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...oors-cdc-says-certain-activities-are-n1265452

"Fully vaccinated individuals may safely go without masks when dining at outdoor restaurants with people from other households. The CDC said that activity is less safe for nonvaccinated people, who should remain masked as much as possible when dining outdoors.

But for other activities, the CDC still recommends wearing a mask, even for vaccinated individuals. Those include attending crowded outdoor events, such as concerts or sporting events"

<LucyBless>

Last edited:
Good I have no problem wear a mask and helping a virus spread. It’s manly thing to do the right thing and not put others in danger.

The problem with people like you is you don't even read the studies you link. You read the conclusion then for some reason you think you are correct. How did they come to that conclusion? You are running around googling your own confirmation bias.

Every study you link is based around lab settings + statistical modelling. It isn't from the real world. You are looking at prephase data modelling without realising we already have REAL WORLD data from multiple countries where the virus seems to go with or without mask mandates + compliance. You can guess all you want before something happens but once you actually test something in the world then you can come to an actual conclusion..

and just for some fun here are some things you should look for going through the stuff you link

"378 207 individuals responded to the survey between June 3 and July 27, 2020, of which 4186 were excluded for missing data. We observed an increasing trend in reported mask usage across the USA, although uptake varied by geography. A logistic model controlling for physical distancing, population demographics, and other variables found that a 10% increase in self-reported mask-wearing was associated with an increased odds of transmission control (odds ratio 3·53, 95% CI 2·03-6·43). We found that communities with high reported mask-wearing and physical distancing had the highest predicted probability of transmission control. Segmented regression analysis of reported mask-wearing showed no statistically significant change in the slope after mandates were introduced; however, the upward trend in reported mask-wearing was preserved."

So this one was a survey...which then became a model which in turn becomes guessing

Imagine using random survey data to prove your point..

"There are currently no studies that measure the impact of any kind of mask on the amount of infectious SARS-CoV-2 particles from human actions. Other infections, however, have been studied. One of the most relevant papers (67) is one that compares the efficacy of surgical masks for source control for seasonal coronaviruses (NL63, OC43, 229E, and HKU1), influenza, and rhinovirus. With 10 participants, the masks were effective at blocking coronavirus particles of all sizes for every subject. However, masks were far less effective at blocking rhinovirus particles of any size, or of blocking small influenza particles. The results suggest that masks may have a significant role in source control for the current coronavirus outbreak. The study did not use COVID-19 patients, and it is not yet known whether SARS-CoV-2 behaves the same as these seasonal coronaviruses, which are of the same family."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7848583/

so yeah 10 participants bro nice and more modelling inputting data you make up

E59wZyiVgAA6t25
E6hdnLWVEAAafXp

E6chP7tVEAAb91p
E6cGlJmUYAAZtuG

The problem with people like you is you don't even read the studies you link. You read the conclusion then for some reason you think you are correct. How did they come to that conclusion? You are running around googling your own confirmation bias.

Every study you link is based around lab settings + statistical modelling. It isn't from the real world. You are looking at prephase data modelling without realising we already have REAL WORLD data from multiple countries where the virus seems to go with or without mask mandates + compliance. You can guess all you want before something happens but once you actually test something in the world then you can come to an actual conclusion..

and just for some fun here are some things you should look for going through the stuff you link

"378 207 individuals responded to the survey between June 3 and July 27, 2020, of which 4186 were excluded for missing data. We observed an increasing trend in reported mask usage across the USA, although uptake varied by geography. A logistic model controlling for physical distancing, population demographics, and other variables found that a 10% increase in self-reported mask-wearing was associated with an increased odds of transmission control (odds ratio 3·53, 95% CI 2·03-6·43). We found that communities with high reported mask-wearing and physical distancing had the highest predicted probability of transmission control. Segmented regression analysis of reported mask-wearing showed no statistically significant change in the slope after mandates were introduced; however, the upward trend in reported mask-wearing was preserved."

So this one was a survey...which then became a model which in turn becomes guessing

Imagine using random survey data to prove your point..

"There are currently no studies that measure the impact of any kind of mask on the amount of infectious SARS-CoV-2 particles from human actions. Other infections, however, have been studied. One of the most relevant papers (67) is one that compares the efficacy of surgical masks for source control for seasonal coronaviruses (NL63, OC43, 229E, and HKU1), influenza, and rhinovirus. With 10 participants, the masks were effective at blocking coronavirus particles of all sizes for every subject. However, masks were far less effective at blocking rhinovirus particles of any size, or of blocking small influenza particles. The results suggest that masks may have a significant role in source control for the current coronavirus outbreak. The study did not use COVID-19 patients, and it is not yet known whether SARS-CoV-2 behaves the same as these seasonal coronaviruses, which are of the same family."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7848583/

so yeah 10 participants bro nice and more modelling inputting data you make up

E59wZyiVgAA6t25
E6hdnLWVEAAafXp

E6chP7tVEAAb91p
E6cGlJmUYAAZtuG
Lol, the graphs you show dont mean masks don't have any effect.
They are at different phases of the spread, mask wearing is simply one variable to reduce transmission.

There are tons of studies supporting this.
Why can't you understand the basic point that social distancing plus preventing airborne particles reduces transmission?
This is obvious and backed up by the research which you yourself admit.
If even one small study showed the effect for 10 participants, now imagine for 100,000,000.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/news/your-mask-cuts-own-risk-65-percent

Everyone should wear a mask,” Blumberg said. “People who say, ‘I don’t believe masks work,’ are ignoring scientific evidence. It’s not a belief system. It’s like saying, ‘I don’t believe in gravity.’

“People who don’t wear a mask increase the risk of transmission to everyone, not just the people they come into contact with. It’s all the people those people will have contact with. You’re being an irresponsible member of the community if you’re not wearing a mask."

Meta-analysis of real world data published this month

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0196655320310439

"A total of 6 studies were included, involving 4 countries, after a total of 5,178 eligible articles were searched in databases and references. In general, wearing a mask was associated with a significantly reduced risk of COVID-19 infection (OR = 0.38, 95% CI: 0.21-0.69, I2 = 54.1%). For the healthcare workers group, masks were shown to have a reduced risk of infection by nearly 70%."

So you are also smarter than clinical virologists working in the field as well I suppose, a true genius in the making.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-virus-spreads-further-its-as-simple-as-that

“If you don’t wear masks, the virus will spread further. It is as simple as that,” said Julian Tang, a clinical virologist at Leicester University.

Tang said masks clearly limit the spread of viral particles from an infected person and also cut a wearer’s chance of picking up an infection from someone else. “Masks work both ways,” he told the Observer.

People like you who are willfully ignorant and ignore research findings, expert advice and common sense are a bane on society and have contributed significantly to the problem.

Lol, the graphs you show dont mean masks don't have any effect.
They are at different phases of the spread, mask wearing is simply one variable to reduce transmission.

There are tons of studies supporting this.
Why can't you understand the basic point that social distancing plus preventing airborne particles reduces transmission?
This is obvious and backed up by the research which you yourself admit.
If even one small study showed the effect for 10 participants, now imagine for 100,000,000.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/news/your-mask-cuts-own-risk-65-percent

Everyone should wear a mask,” Blumberg said. “People who say, ‘I don’t believe masks work,’ are ignoring scientific evidence. It’s not a belief system. It’s like saying, ‘I don’t believe in gravity.’

“People who don’t wear a mask increase the risk of transmission to everyone, not just the people they come into contact with. It’s all the people those people will have contact with. You’re being an irresponsible member of the community if you’re not wearing a mask."

Meta-analysis of real world data published this month

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0196655320310439

"A total of 6 studies were included, involving 4 countries, after a total of 5,178 eligible articles were searched in databases and references. In general, wearing a mask was associated with a significantly reduced risk of COVID-19 infection (OR = 0.38, 95% CI: 0.21-0.69, I2 = 54.1%). For the healthcare workers group, masks were shown to have a reduced risk of infection by nearly 70%."

So you are also smarter than clinical virologists working in the field as well I suppose, a true genius in the making.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-virus-spreads-further-its-as-simple-as-that

“If you don’t wear masks, the virus will spread further. It is as simple as that,” said Julian Tang, a clinical virologist at Leicester University.

Tang said masks clearly limit the spread of viral particles from an infected person and also cut a wearer’s chance of picking up an infection from someone else. “Masks work both ways,” he told the Observer.

People like you who are willfully ignorant and ignore research findings, expert advice and common sense are a bane on society and have contributed significantly to the problem.

Nice study..

Conclusions
The results of this systematic review and meta-analysis support the conclusion that wearing a mask could reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection. Robust randomized trials are needed in the future to better provide evidence for these interventions.

"could" and more ROBUST TRIALS ARE NEEDED>>>> yeah really conclusive..

Nice study..

Conclusions
The results of this systematic review and meta-analysis support the conclusion that wearing a mask could reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection. Robust randomized trials are needed in the future to better provide evidence for these interventions.

That's the problem with these sheep

They never actually read the study they just google what they are looking for

I guarantee he went into google and typed "masks work study" or something along those lines and posted the link

Legit every study that shows masks working is either using test dummies in a lab and then stat modelling using that data

It's a shit show

What's comical is he doesn't understand those graphs would be different if masks did anything

After teen daughter hospitalized with Covid, mom regrets saying no to vaccine

"It's heartbreaking. I wish I would've made better choices for her," said an Arkansas mother of her 13-year-old daughter, hospitalized with Covid-19.

Angela Morris said she resisted Covid-19 vaccinations for herself and her 13-year-old daughter believing that other preventative measures, like mostly staying home and wearing masks, would be enough to ward off infection.

"I am so scared right now and I feel so helpless," she posted.

After teen daughter hospitalized with Covid, mom regrets saying no to vaccine (nbcnews.com)

I'm praying for that young lady and her family.

Sad stuff…this just in.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...uck-lightning-while-swimming-georgia-n1270662

I guarantee he went into google and typed "masks work study" or something along those lines and posted the link

Legit every study that shows masks working is either using test dummies in a lab and then stat modelling using that data

It's a shit show

What's comical is he doesn't understand those graphs would be different if masks did anything

That study was about medical settings... and how if a proper medical mask was worn in a medical settings properly following guidelines.. it 'could' help by upto 70%

Its is a shit show..

then we have continual lies about the job jab working.. just been to public health England and 90% of hospitalizations are jib jabbed people..
View media item 34466

Nice study..

Conclusions

In addition to all the other studies...

Note the words:
"support the conclusion that wearing a mask could reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection" - meaning wearing a mask does not guarentee it prevents transmission but evidence indicates it does reduce the likelihood.

Also:
randomized trials are needed in the future to better provide evidence - as in further than the evidence already proven

Why all the idiots who can't understand studies and evidence and even advice from experts suddenly start appearing to spread their idiocy, along with spreading covid?

It's a shit show
Black and White fool. Clear cut.

"People who say, ‘I don’t believe masks work,’ are ignoring scientific evidence. It’s not a belief system. It’s like saying, ‘I don’t believe in gravity.’

Read this very slowly so you can understand

Respiratory droplets with the virus are expelled into the air when infected people cough, talk, sneeze or breathe. These droplets quickly evaporate and shrink to become tiny airborne particles.

But if an infected person is wearing a mask, it will catch and contain the larger droplets in the humid space between the person’s mouth and the mask. In this environment, droplets take nearly a hundred times as long to transform into airborne particles. So masks reduce the spread of infectious particles.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checki...re-are-politifacts-answers-for-mask-skeptics/

I know it's difficult for you to understand, but if you really try you will get there.

In addition to all the other studies...

Note the words:
"support the conclusion that wearing a mask could reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection" - meaning wearing a mask does not guarentee it prevents transmission but evidence indicates it does reduce the likelihood.

Also:
randomized trials are needed in the future to better provide evidence - as in further than the evidence already proven

Why all the idiots who can't understand studies and evidence and even advice from experts suddenly start appearing to spread their idiocy, along with spreading covid?

Black and White fool. Clear cut.

"People who say, ‘I don’t believe masks work,’ are ignoring scientific evidence. It’s not a belief system. It’s like saying, ‘I don’t believe in gravity.’

Read this very slowly so you can understand

Respiratory droplets with the virus are expelled into the air when infected people cough, talk, sneeze or breathe. These droplets quickly evaporate and shrink to become tiny airborne particles.

But if an infected person is wearing a mask, it will catch and contain the larger droplets in the humid space between the person’s mouth and the mask. In this environment, droplets take nearly a hundred times as long to transform into airborne particles. So masks reduce the spread of infectious particles.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checki...re-are-politifacts-answers-for-mask-skeptics/

I know it's difficult for you to understand, but if you really try you will get there.

Keep hiding behind the mask man.. there will be a time when you can't hide anymore..

Poynter = FACEBOOK sock puppet.. good luck with your brainwashing programming..

Keep hiding behind the mask man.. there will be a time when you can't hide anymore..

Poynter = FACEBOOK sock puppet.. good luck with your brainwashing programming..
Just go over the research again.
I'm sure not wearing a mask makes you feel very special and just like that James Dean rebel you always wished you were
{<jordan}

From study
"Mask use—defined as "the percentage of people who always wear masks in public settings"—was associated with slower spread during low-transmission periods. But it was not associated with slower spread during high-transmission periods."

Just go over the research again.
I'm sure not wearing a mask makes you feel very special and just like that James Dean rebel you always wished you were
{<jordan}

From study
"Mask use—defined as "the percentage of people who always wear masks in public settings"—was associated with slower spread during low-transmission periods. But it was not associated with slower spread during high-transmission periods."

I havent worn a mask .. im not a fucking sociopath mate.. its obvious to a 3 year old (try putting a mask on a 3 year old) that a piece of cloth over your mouth does NOTHING..

I havent worn a mask .. im not a fucking sociopath mate.. its obvious to a 3 year old (try putting a mask on a 3 year old) that a piece of cloth over your mouth does NOTHING..
Apart from stopping airborne droplets that are one known source of transmission...

Apart from stopping airborne droplets that are one known source of transmission...

even if it was true, and it reduced tranmission by whatever the amount.. i still wouldnt wear one.. because I like to breathe fresh air for myself, and also I know when Im not well BECAUSE I HAVE SYMPTOMS AND ARE NOT WELL.. thus I stay in and go to bed ... LIKE PRETTY MUCH EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD EVER DOES.. jesus christ.. Munchausen syndrome is the REAL pandemic

even if it was true, and it reduced tranmission by whatever the amount..
It is true
i still wouldnt wear one.. because I like to breathe fresh air for myself, and also I know when Im not well BECAUSE I HAVE SYMPTOMS AND ARE NOT WELL.. thus I stay in and go to bed ... LIKE PRETTY MUCH EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD EVER DOES.. jesus christ.. Munchausen syndrome is the REAL pandemic

Thanks for clarifying about your ignorance and righteous social rebel persona...now watch this short video about something called asymptomatic transmission.

<Prem973>

It is true

Thanks for clarifying about your ignorance and righteous social rebel persona...now watch this short video about something called asymptomatic transmission.

<Prem973>

WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH what a fucking robot.. asymptomatic transmission. wahahahahahahahahahahah holy shit .. like that was ever a thing.. oh look im not ill dr .. but I am ill.. I dont feel ill.. no you are ill..

imagine living life with the thought that something 'may' happen at anytime.. but doesnt .. I have my life governed by what 'ifs'

asymptomatic transmission. lol.. the whole narrative was built on this nonsense .. imagine.. asymptomatic transmission. lol let shut the entire world down for people that are ill but not ill.. honestly this is getting too funny at this point.. fucking fantasy land to the extreme..

I will leave you with one peer reviewed study from Wuhan back last year.. heres the cliffs.. "A city-wide prevalence study of almost 10 million people in Wuhan found no evidence of asymptomatic transmission.1"
go find the study yourself.. maybe you will come out of your Munchausen syndrome coma..

There are no population data sets that prove the effectiveness of masks

Just stop bro

All the previous infleunza studies also indicate the useless of masks

You are linking random youtube videos of people talking and wearing a mask outdoors...the only place it would never be needed lol

Back