1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Coronavirus not very megathread.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by fingercuffs, Jul 17, 2021.

1. PhitePhan Brown Belt

Agreed!

No need to worry about the countless others taking MORE money from big pharma, ostensibly to promote their product... it’s just his one guy who’s a tool.

Case closed!

Dysto Pian and Hadron90 like this.
  2. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Hospital in Fairfield in the north bay, CA nearly at full capacity, it's gone up 900% and 80% of hospitalisations are unvaccinated.

Strychnine likes this.
  3. Hadron90 Silver Belt

Where do you think the other $300M of the lobbying money went to? I hope you don't realize Biden received millions from Pfizer. If you are mad over $10k, imagine how furious that would make you.

4. Hadron90 Silver Belt

I know. He didn't think it through.

Him: Wow! This antivax politician was offered $10k from AstraZeneca and he agreed to promote their product! So corrupt!

Me: Wow. Donation records show other politicians are receiving millions in similar payments from Pharma companies, and are also out there pumping the the vax 24/7.

Him:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    PhitePhan and The_Renaissance like this.
  5. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I'm catching up with the thread so excuse the late reply but I'm not sure Marie Curie is exactly the person I'd choose to quote on this lol.

Cyrano200 likes this.
  6. Queen B Fully Vaccinated

[​IMG]

and here is Ron DeSantis

STOP BEING MEAN TO ME

Strychnine likes this.
  7. The Audience Purple Belt

lol at furious. The guy and his ramblings are barely on my radar..apparently you seem to care a lot more about it than me. Not sure if you going to bat for him (and seemingly misunderstanding the video) is worse than than him taking a monopoly money bung tbh.

8. Strychnine Titanium Belt

Don't forget that China has near total control of their citizens and they're not going to tolerate any insubordination.

UPDATE 3-China's Wuhan to test all 12 million residents as Delta variant spreads

"To ensure that everyone in the city is safe, city-wide nucleic acid testing will be quickly launched for all people to fully screen out positive results and asymptomatic infections," Wuhan official Li Qiang told a news briefing.

Parts of an industrial and technology zone were sealed off, a measure rarely seen in the city since a lockdown last year.

The new cases in Wuhan, along with infections in the nearby cities of Jingzhou and Huanggang since Saturday, were linked to cases in the city of Huaian in Jiangsu province, said Li Yang, vice director of the Hubei province disease control center."

UPDATE 3-China's Wuhan to test all 12 million residents as Delta variant spreads (msn.com)

Just testing or?

9. Nimrod Wistfull With A Fist-Full

Yeah stick to Sponge Bob. ;)

10. Phlog Dad Belt

None of the deaths were related to BNT162b2, so they were deaths from normal causes.

People die of old age, accidents, illness etc during studies. That's totally normal.

11. Phlog Dad Belt

Because it reduces transmission, therefore reduces the opportunities for mutation.

Strychnine and ocean size like this.
  12. Nimrod Wistfull With A Fist-Full

Either you dont want to see it or ..

[​IMG]

13. Phlog Dad Belt

Information changes as we learn more, institutes like the CDC can have ulterior motives relating to population behaviour.

You can't just pick conflicting studies and say look, a confused picture and throw up your hands. Science is a consensus game. It's not easy to understand, that's why it takes so much training to appreciate and why experts are important to listen too. You need to be able to determine who is a expert first of course!

It's a blood disease more than a respiratory illness, has effects throughout the body. It is a weird fucking disease that's for sure. Inflammation seems to be the primary problem.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Strychnine likes this.
  14. Nimrod Wistfull With A Fist-Full

Which can be cured for 99.97% of the population by staying at home and saving lives.. as long as your not over 82 and have 3 or more comorbidities.. and are about to die.. or have been hit by a bus..
    17 months and your still banging your bed pan.. 3 weeks to flatten the curve..

15. Natural Order Cosmic Alpha

Stay strong brother, the paranoia is just getting started!

Nimrod likes this.
  16. Nimrod Wistfull With A Fist-Full

Oh its just starting .. its called Fractionation ..

Fractionation. Fractionation is a hypnosis term for deepening a state – giving then holding back – then giving again as the person “leans in so to say” (thus extending their “zone” of comfort) – then holding back (the person leans in more)– then giving … and on and on – (like TEASING) until the person is so immersed in the state or action that they don’t realize how they got there – or even realized that it’s happened so quickly.

17. Phlog Dad Belt

I was commenting that it is not really a respiratory infection as such. I wasn't commenting on infection rates or survivability or comorbidities. Why is what you said relevent to what I said?

If you want to just shout you can go to speakers corner. Here is a place for conversation, that means you have to understand what I say and contribute.

ocean size likes this.
  18. ocean size Red Belt

Not true, they certainly haven't said the vaccines are not slowing it down, all the CDC said along those lines is that an infected vaccinated person could be just as transmissible as an infected unvaccinated person.

Strychnine and Phlog like this.
  19. Cyrano200 Purple Belt

This graph perfectly illustrates my understanding of the situation. It seems to me to be exactly what should have been expected.
    1. Level of vaccinated people reaches some set level - 60%-70% currently isn't it?
    2. Number of cases / hospitalizations / deaths remains low for some period of time
    3. Restrictions ease up - supposedly for those that are vaxxed
    4. Everyone takes advantage
    5. Cases go up - mainly among the un-jabbed, but also the unfortunate 12% of the vaxxed
    6. The vaxxed cases are less severe

The only variable or surprise should be the level of the upsurge in cases. Notice this chart is a narrow range -7 days, not months or weeks- and that steep spike is only 16 out of 100, 000 or 0.016% of the population. Spread the time frame out and that spike won't look so steep and adjust the scale and it wouldn't even register.

I know they have said the vaccinated that get COVID have similar viral loads, but is that number of breakthrough cases (am I using that term correctly?) enough to merit re-masking the "good citizens"? And have they done any contact tracing that shows these cases are a factor in the new wave? Are we back to the hypothesis that asymptomatic carriers are a possible vector?

20. The Audience Purple Belt

I dont believe that contact tracing was conducted in the Massachusetts outbreak from which the viral load data was reported, but an earlier study from Israel (with predominance of Alpha variant) did, and found that there was no secondary transmission from any of the breakthrough cases found, and further, an unvaccinated household member was suspected as the source of exposure for those breakthrough cases. Delta may however change the picture because of apparent exponentially higher initial viral load.

Cyrano200 likes this.