International Coronavirus, v5: China hits back at American "coronavirus overreaction", issue travel warning for US

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be amazing if we could stop hating one or the other half of politicians long enough to hate them equally.

92% recovery rate for close cases. Hopefully it continues to go higher

Damn I was fallowing one those threads . ..<{ByeHomer}>

People where hoping the virus would hit so Trump won't get elected. One even said he hope it wold hit white nationalist and their families. Also it would kill poor Trump supporters.
Yeshhh.

Come on guys, we're all in this boat together, and a virus doesn't care about your political party affiliations. Can we deal with this without resorting to the usual partisant b.s? :cool:

Getting dubbed, mostly.
Lol...

You burned Good ole Rip there...

Savage...

In the meantime it seens UAE is now denying all Entries from Iran.

Why do I have a feeling we are not being told the magnitude of this pandemic.

I am at work rightnow in our Travel Agebcy and I have a bunch of Iran based clients asking me for information about flights because as of now they said they have been given conflicting info by Iran Air.

And when I call the Airline in Tehran I dont even get the usual voice prompt but just a few ringa and then gets disconected.

And some of their websites are down.

What the hell is going on there?

Lol...

You burned Good ole Rip there...

Savage...

In the meantime it seens UAE is now denying all Entries from Iran.

Why do I have a feeling we are not being told the magnitude of this pandemic.

I am at work rightnow in our Travel Agebcy and I have a bunch of Iran based clients asking me for information about flights because as of now they said they have been given conflicting info by Iran Air.

And when I call the Airline in Tehran I dont even get the usual voice prompt but just a few ringa and then gets disconected.

And some of their websites are down.

What the hell is going on there?
unknown.png

Compare the CFR between these countries. Iran should have more than a thousand infected based on the Korea numbers, which are probably the most accurate considering they are testing tens of thousands. The alternative is that >15% of the infected in Iran are already dead, which makes little sense.

Daaamn China, what the hell do you think we are, the WHO? o_O

But thank YOU for this, you've just inadvertently saved us a lot of headaches by discouraging travels from the infected end, Mr. Xinnie the Pooh! :)

China hits back at American ‘coronavirus overreaction’, issue travel warning for U.S
By Shi Jiangtao in Hong Kong/Beijing and Sarah Zheng | 25 Feb, 2020​

16d90f66-57bb-11ea-b438-8452af50d521_image_hires_001530.jpg

China has issued a travel warning for the United States, urging its citizens not to travel to the country amid concerns over the global spread of the coronavirus, a move analysts say will worsen already heightened tensions between the two powers.

The advisory released by China’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism on Monday cautioned travellers not to visit the US due to American’s overreaction to the deadly virus, unfair treatment of Chinese tourists in the US and unspecified uncertainties over its domestic security.

Although it appeared to be a direct response to a similar step by Washington nearly a month ago, experts and industry insiders said Beijing’s move was largely politically motivated and might not have much impact given the harsh travel restrictions already in place.

While more than 60 countries have imposed some form of travel restrictions on people from China and some two dozen countries have evacuated their citizens from Wuhan, the epicentre of the epidemic, Beijing appeared to be particularly offended by the US, which was among the first to act.

Foreign Minister Wang Yi is one of several senior Chinese diplomats who have repeatedly slammed the US over its alleged overreaction, saying that it “set a bad example” for other countries.

Pang Zhongying, a Beijing-based international affairs analyst, said Beijing’s latest move showed China’s strained and sometimes adversarial ties with the US over trade and geopolitics had been further marred by the coronavirus crisis.

“To be fair, it is a symbolic move because even if people might still want to go, the US has already imposed strict travel restrictions on Chinese visitors and suspended regular visa services in mainland China that effectively render such travel plans unfeasible,” Pang said.

Zhao Ma, an associate professor of modern Chinese history and culture at Washington University in St Louis, said Beijing might have overreacted to the US moves, which were largely based on public health concerns over the epidemic.

“It also appears to be using nationalism to divert public attention and mounting criticism towards the Chinese government over the disease control,” Ma said.

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/dip...back-american-coronavirus-overreaction-travel

Last edited:
Things I learned for watching youtube coronavirus preppers:

1) 20 second hand washing.
2) Never put your hands up to your mouth, eyes or nose.
3) Keep six feet distance between you and others, while out in public.
4) If you're feeling sick, go to the doctor immediately. Notify them if you have any concerns of actual Coronavirus connections.
5) Carry handkerchief around with you and use it.
6) The Coronavirus is not an airborne virus. It is a surface area virus so be aware of what you are touching.
7) Since the virus falls from the air and onto a surface quickly, the biggest value of a mask is that it prevents you from touching your mouth with your hands.
8) n95 respirator mask (Healthcare Professionals Mask) is bare minimum recommended for respiratory protection. P100 or higher preferred for respiratory protection. A bandana over your mouth is better than nothing.
9) If using mask, it is recommended for places where you will be within 6 feet of other people (ie. school, work, church, public transportation).
10) Cover eyes with some sort of glasses. Lab glasses are better than sun glasses. Ski goggles which seal are the best. Main reason is to stop the hands from touching the eyes.
11) Use disposable gloves. Wash hands for 20 seconds with warm water before putting gloves on.
12) Use Clorox Wipes, Anti-microbial Baby wipes, Ethyl Alcohol (70%) to clean surfaces. Lysol spray, too.
13) Anti-microbial dish washing soap.
14) Eat your greens, garlic, citrus fruits, ginger for building the immune system.
15) Exercise and plenty of water keeps the body systems working well.

I actually don't mind getting sick. My body recovers much faster than most people so I won't be doing any of this stuff.

Lol you left out some quotes of mine there like stipulations of the bet

And I won’t be looking for them cause I don’t need too. Like I said you’re a dweeb on the Internet and my interaction with you does not nor will not go on beyond telling you so.

Your attempts to make it go beyond that doesn’t prove shit as you’d like it too.

Let me ask you a straight up question, no set ups, ambushes or "gotcha questions"

At what point would you take a pandemic or epidemic more seriously?

Would it be the death count?

An almost complete ban on air travel and sealing off borders?

The rate of death and/or contagion?

At what point would you be like, "holy shit, this may be for real!"

SF mayor London Breed declares state of emergency over coronavirus

Amid intensifying worldwide concern about the spread of the new coronavirus, Mayor London Breed declared a state of emergency for San Francisco Tuesday, which will ramp up the city’s efforts to prepare for and confront potential cases.

There have been no confirmed coronavirus cases in San Francisco to date, but “the global picture is changing rapidly, and we need to step-up preparedness,” Breed said in a statement.

Three people have been treated at San Francisco hospitals for coronavirus, two of which have been discharged, but to date no cases have originated inside the city.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea...reed-declares-state-of-emergency-15083811.php

Whelp, we all knew San Francisco officials started sweating profusely the moment they heard the virus can spread through poop.

That would be dP/dt = P(a - bP), where P(0) = initial infected population

Taiwan saying that if someone from a quarantine goes to a crowded location or takes the MRT they will face up to 2 years in prison or a $65,000 fine. Hoarding supplies that could be used in the fight agaisnt covid is 5 years or around $150,000 fine

Taiwan saying that if someone from a quarantine goes to a crowded location or takes the MRT they will face up to 2 years in prison or a $65,000 fine. Hoarding supplies that could be used in the fight agaisnt covid is 5 years or around $150,000 fine
That's great, good for Taiwan

Meanwhile, California decriminalized intentionally infecting somebody with HIV

Even without the possibility of becoming another floating petri dish, I'm pretty sure this is a secret portal to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back