Could Arthur Kyshenko have been one of the greatest to do it with better weight control?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Kyshenko argubly beat Masato at age 22 to become a K-1 Max champ, though he didn't due to more likely biased home cooking. At age 34, he's facing four year suspension due to pissing hot, so likely than not, his career has come to a halt and is over for good.

I always liked Kyshenko, but it always looked to me that he wasn't able to quite capture his k-1 Max form earlier in his career, and it's well documented that he had issues with weight cuts, eventually moving up weight classes. If you compare the guy who showed up during k-1 max run and the guy who showed up against Petrosyan, he looks two weight classes above.

I dislike cheaters as much as the next guy, but I always had fond spot for Kyshenko. I mean, he beat a lot of good fighters, Souwer, Nieky, Yod, Masato(in my book), Groenhart, Alex Perreira and so on. With all that cheating thing, he probably won't be talked about much when it come to the best fighters who have done it,
but I feel like if he was able to manage his weight better, like it wasn't like he was too old to do it, it was more like he had problem when he was still young, he would have had one of the best careers ever.

What says you Sherbros? Could Kyshenko have been one of the greatests to do it if he was able to manage his weight better? I would have loved to see K-1 Max Kyshenko vs Petro.

Basically a 3 weight champ, pissing hot doesnt tarnish a legacy in KB as much as it does in other sports. They just throw the book at someone every now and then to save face.

Gets zero love around here.

Man time flies

Basically a 3 weight champ, pissing hot doesnt tarnish a legacy in KB as much as it does in other sports. They just throw the book at someone every now and then to save face.

Do you know why he got FOUR years by the way? Did he kill someone or sleep with someone's wife high up or something

Kyshenko is one of those all too common cases of wasted talent in my opinion, kind of like Anthony Johnson in mma. Both had great natural talent but never seemed to take their careers as serious as others around them, yet they still beat some of the top guys. Just imagine if they were at the right weight to begin with and were completely serious about training, could have been far better than they were/are in their respective sports.

Do you know why he got FOUR years by the way? Did he kill someone or sleep with someone's wife high up or something

The suspension is just effective in France like Kryklia.

Kyshenko argubly beat Masato at age 22 to become a K-1 Max champ, though he didn't due to more likely biased home cooking. At age 34, he's facing four year suspension due to pissing hot, so likely than not, his career has come to a halt and is over for good.

I always liked Kyshenko, but it always looked to me that he wasn't able to quite capture his k-1 Max form earlier in his career, and it's well documented that he had issues with weight cuts, eventually moving up weight classes. If you compare the guy who showed up during k-1 max run and the guy who showed up against Petrosyan, he looks two weight classes above.

I dislike cheaters as much as the next guy, but I always had fond spot for Kyshenko. I mean, he beat a lot of good fighters, Souwer, Nieky, Yod, Masato(in my book), Groenhart, Alex Perreira and so on. With all that cheating thing, he probably won't be talked about much when it come to the best fighters who have done it,
but I feel like if he was able to manage his weight better, like it wasn't like he was too old to do it, it was more like he had problem when he was still young, he would have had one of the best careers ever.

What says you Sherbros? Could Kyshenko have been one of the greatests to do it if he was able to manage his weight better? I would have loved to see K-1 Max Kyshenko vs Petro.
Do you think many kickboxers are on PEDs?

Do you think many kickboxers are on PEDs?
I think we all know that the answer is yes.

If I had to guesstimate I’d say at least 75% are using some level of ped to supplement their training. Another 35 to 40% are full blown lab rats.

They did the same to that fat Moroccan guy, they just try to present themselves as clean.

Its fucked up man...its fucked up politics playing around with peoples careers...

Kyshenko is one of those all too common cases of wasted talent in my opinion, kind of like Anthony Johnson in mma. Both had great natural talent but never seemed to take their careers as serious as others around them, yet they still beat some of the top guys. Just imagine if they were at the right weight to begin with and were completely serious about training, could have been far better than they were/are in their respective sports.

Big difference is Rumble folds.

Big difference is Rumble folds.

That and he started at 170lbs... like how? I loved watching Rumble over the years but what a waste of talent and insane power.

That and he started at 170lbs... like how? I loved watching Rumble over the years but what a waste of talent and insane power.

Well I think to be fair Rumble gets hundred times more love on mma forum. But yeah master of weigh cutting for sho

I loved Kyshenko when he came up. Super talented and technical fighter. I think he also participated in IFMA and IAMTF championships in Bangkok. He had a more Thai style back then and used lots of sweeps. Very entertaining to watch.

Then he went to Mike's Gym and the same thing happened to him as to almost all fighters who move to Mike. He bulked up on horse meat and relied mostly on power and aggression instead of his technical ability. Later on he trained himself for some time I think. That's when you could sometimes see a glimpse of the old Kyshenko again, but he never got to that old level again.

I loved Kyshenko when he came up. Super talented and technical fighter. I think he also participated in IFMA and IAMTF championships in Bangkok. He had a more Thai style back then and used lots of sweeps. Very entertaining to watch.

Then he went to Mike's Gym and the same thing happened to him as to almost all fighters who move to Mike. He bulked up on horse meat and relied mostly on power and aggression instead of his technical ability. Later on he trained himself for some time I think. That's when you could sometimes see a glimpse of the old Kyshenko again, but he never got to that old level again.

Yeah....I wish we saw Prime Kyshenko vs prime Petrosyan.

I feel like Souwer was little small and Kraus was little slow, I feel like prime Kyshenko had size length and speed to compete against Petrosyan.

The way Mike wasted all of Kyshenko’s MT base was sad to see. Just crumpled it up and tossed it in the bin. I totally lost interest him as a fighter when he went to that meathead gym.

The way Mike wasted all of Kyshenko’s MT base was sad to see. Just crumpled it up and tossed it in the bin. I totally lost interest him as a fighter when he went to that meathead gym.
He's likely to blame for getting him on that horse meat as well, which he didn't need. Fortunately he did seem like he brought back a more varied offense when he left Big Mike, but ya that was so sad to see him adopt that style for a time period.

Cannot stand Mike. When Adamchuk was fighting Petch you could just hear him shouting at the ref constantly.

He's likely to blame for getting him on that horse meat as well, which he didn't need. Fortunately he did seem like he brought back a more varied offense when he left Big Mike, but ya that was so sad to see him adopt that style for a time period.

Went from age 21

to age 24

Backwards development ftw

Back