Could izzy beat prime Manheof?

Same like Adesanya vs Romero

No, K1 was a higher level of kickboxing than Izzy ever fought at. And Manhoef fought there at HW while Izzy capped out the B leagues at like 200-210 lbs weight classes. Styles make fights, Izzy won't grapple, and Manhoef is simply a much better kickboxer. If we're talking the past prime Manhoef that fought in MMA after his kickboxing career was over because of his cracked glass chin, that's a different story..

Manhoef wasn't ever exempt from being KO'd. It'd be a tough fight for both guys but anyone saying Manhoef easily are high.

Same like Adesanya vs Romero

Is Romero a very aggressive kickboxer that moves forward, chops your legs and tries to knock your head off? No? Oh, okay.

Manhoef is used to fighting tall top kickboxers. He even has a win on Remy Bonjasky for example in kickboxing. Prime Manhoef would give Izzy a good fight. Not Saying he would win, but definitely would give him a fight.

Hard to say, but the competition Manhoef fought is much higher than Izzy's.

If (prime) Manhoef fights, it's always 50/50.
Prime Manhoef vs Izzy 50/50
Prime Manhoef vs Ngannou 50/50
Prime Manhoef vs Geathje 50/50

Is Romero a very aggressive kickboxer that moves forward, chops your legs and tries to knock your head off? No? Oh, okay.

Manhoef is used to fighting tall top kickboxers. He even has a win on Remy Bonjasky for example in kickboxing. Prime Manhoef would give Izzy a good fight. Not Saying he would win, but definitely would give him a fight.

He can be aggresive and explosive, same as Costa.
Manhoef has a shorter reach than Costa.
He had a good chin, but he was KOd many times in KB and MMA.
I would still go with Adesanya

Manhoef's best win in MMA is Hunt.
And old Saku.

Just because he beat by UD Remy who was over 40 I believe doesn't mean he knows how to deal with tall fighters and especially in MMA.

And old Saku.

Just because he beat by UD Remy who was over 40 I believe doesn't mean he knows how to deal with tall fighters and especially in MMA.
Costa can't strike like Manheof...

He has a win over retired Bonjasky at 40+ years old. Bonjasky beat him twice before that

He has a win over retired Bonjasky at 40+ years old. Bonjasky beat him twice before that
Bonjasky at 40+ beats any version of Izzy in a kickboxing match. Kickboxing is my first combat sport and I've watched pretty much every major kickboxing fight since 90's, Adesanya cannot compete in kickboxing with the guys Manhoef competed with during the K1 days.

The times Bonjasky beat Manhoef, Melvin gave him a good fight each time. Manhoef was the smallest guy - both weight and height - consistently fighting at HW against top guys.

And old Saku.

He deals well with tall fighters. He has fought mostly as HW in kickboxing against the best of the best. He did get knocked out sometimes, but that's what happens when you're consistently swinging with the top guys that are 250-260, when you are 210. Badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hoost would get knocked out too. They're still considered some of the best standup fighters ever.

Version of Manhoef now could not beat Adesanya, 100%. Maybe in a pure kickboxing match, it would be closer. But MMA now, he won't win.

Bonjasky at 40+ beats any version of Izzy in a kickboxing match. Kickboxing is my first combat sport and I've watched pretty much every major kickboxing fight since 90's, Adesanya cannot compete in kickboxing with the guys Manhoef competed with during the K1 days.

The times Bonjasky beat Manhoef, Melvin gave him a good fight each time. Manhoef was the smallest guy - both weight and height - consistently fighting at HW against top guys.
I used to believe that K1 was so elite. but time going on has proved that K1's prestige was mostly an illusion. lots of mma guys went in there and destroyed k1 fighters in striking. lots of k1 guys left k1 and sucked. it was just marketing. izzy as we see him today could have crushed it in k1.

melvin also has losses to guys you'd expect izzy to beat.

He deals well with tall fighters. He has fought mostly as HW in kickboxing against the best of the best. He did get knocked out sometimes, but that's what happens when you're consistently swinging with the top guys that are 250-260, when you are 210. Badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hoost would get knocked out too. They're still considered some of the best standup fighters ever.

Version of Manhoef now could not beat Adesanya, 100%. Maybe in a pure kickboxing match, it would be closer. But MMA now, he won't win.
he didn't just get knocked out by hari, aerts and hoost though....

I think Izzy would have beaten him in either MMA or kickboxing more often than not. He was an explosive puncher with serious p4p power, but he was also small, sloppy and not very defensively responsible.

he didn't just get knocked out by hari, aerts and hoost though....
This comment shows you don't really watch kickboxing and didn't really read what I wrote. I said those 3 guys are considered kickboxing greats and also have gotten KO'd in kickboxing. Manhoef never fought those 3 guys and Hari is his longtime teammate.

Melvin beat good HW guys like Stefan Leko, Paul Slowinski, Ruslan Karaev in kickboxing. His KO win over Karaev is a thing of beauty.
vo7kvg@facebook.gif

melvin also has losses to guys you'd expect izzy to beat.
In MMA, yes I agree. In kickboxing, Izzy never fought the caliber of fighters Melvin did. Plus, Melvin fought at HW most of his career, while being the smallest guy in the division. And beat some big names + gave everyone a good fight.

Back