Could prime Liddell win the LHW title in 2021?

These are always the stupidest threads and I've always thought that they do not make any sense when ppl say: Fighter X in their prime VS fighter Y in their prime "who would win"? The sport is always evolving and training techniques and medicine is always getting better and constantly changing as well as nutrition and dieting. There are so many variables that have changed. So that is why I believe that these fantasy threads are stupid and make absolutely no sense!

Reyes is a terrible match up for Chuck. Much better hands, better cardio, taller, rangier. Aside from a punchers chance, I really have no idea how Chuck could beat him.

I think of ranked guys he'd dust Corey Anderson, he'd beat Walker who'd be too reckless and get cracked, would have to consider him against the others.

Yes. Like every sport, MMA has evolved. Even some 185ers can destroy Prime Chuck.

The funny thing is, people actually believe this looking at the wasteland of 205 today lmao.

It's funny to see people talking about evolution of the sport, Chuck faced and beat much better competition than 90% of the LHW division today.

Lol no wouldn’t even crack the top 5 imo
Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos, guys with barely any top wins and mediocre careers at MW cracked the top5, get serious lol.

Volkan got a title shot not too long ago.

2021: Jones is gone. DC is retired. Gus is a ghost. Rumble is a HW.

This seems like a championship field that Chuck Liddell could be a champion in.
I don't think he'd win but I certainly feel he'd be a solid competitor in the division. He had the type of power that could end anyone's night and he had an ability to just get up to his feet if taken down (usually; not against Rampage or Couture in their first fight) even though his wrestling pedigree wasn't too great. I can see him breaking the top 10, especially since Hackleman does a reasonably good job at modernizing his fighters' strategies.

Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos, guys with barely any top wins and mediocre careers at MW cracked the top5, get serious lol.

Volkan got a title shot not too long ago.
Santos would murk prime Liddell

The funny thing is, people actually believe this looking at the wasteland of 205 today lmao.

It's funny to see people talking about evolution of the sport, Chuck faced and beat much better competition than 90% of the LHW division today.
Good point with smith though lol

If anything I think he matches up better with Jones and Cormier.
Haha! Didn't think about it, but actually, you may be right, sir!

Although for some reason, now that you raise this, with regard to Cormier, the image of Chuck getting put to sleep by Rashad is flashing in my head as I'm running a mental simulation of this fight.

Santos would murk prime Liddell
tumblr_ony5ts381H1r7vh24o1_r1_540.gif

Chuck Prime rapes Thiago Santos, as did Mousasi made.

Honestly, he'd be lucky to crack the top 10.

His IQ was low, his style sloppy, and he'd be a very undersized LHW too.

Great for his time, but the game has evolved.

No. He was awesome in his day, but you watch those old fights, he's just too slow. Most of the TOP 15 would deal with him relatively easy.

Doesn't take away from his importance to the division, though.

No, many early hitters would get smoked in today's MMA. The sport has evolved

Yes, he very well could.

At LHW? Glover is ranked #5 and he was one of Chucks main training partners.

Chucks a D1 Wrestler, great TDD, solid chin, heavy hands and great striking and very good defensive BJJ.

In his prime he'd wreck Corey Anderson or Anthony Smith.

What skills do those guys have that Chuck didn't?

OddballEmotionalBee-size_restricted.gif

The question was could Chuck win the title at LHW. Not if prime Chuck would beat Corey Anderson.

Back