Could Prime Rampage Sprawl and Brawl GSP?

As if a one-dimensional boxer stands any chance against GSP, no matter the size.

Rampage was always fascinating to me. He kinda sucked in terms of technique but nobody really made him pay for it. I believe he is still a white-blue belt level grappler. I see these videos where he isn't working well against smaller purple belts on ground but was able to maintain top due to strength. Even before he cleaned up his striking; it was sorta raw and unrefined.
As if a one-dimensional boxer stands any chance against GSP, no matter the size.
BJ no.gif

Rampage kneebar 1.gif Rampage kneebar 2.gif Rampage kneebar 3.gif

GSP was so brilliant, athletic and strategic, but not enough to overcome the disparity in brute strength in this matchup. I am sure he'd be ragdolled and brutalized by Rampage.

2003-2007 Rampage against GSP would be like a man fighting a 12 year old.

Lol you think that is high level? I hope you know they teach Ashli garami entries to white belts now
Ya gottah love when Smiley starts or ends all his arguments with these 'lols'...

Anyway, wont even ask ya about his opponent here, pretty sure ya dont even know.
Had I asked ya about any kneebar or armbar attempted by Rampage in his career, probably...crickets...

By the way, I thought ya got jailed or somethin´, still waitin´for yar answer here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...in-mma-history.3928977/page-12#post-150306819

scared.gif

Ya gottah love when Smiley starts or ends all his arguments with these 'lols'...

Anyway, wont even ask ya about his opponent here, pretty sure ya dont even know.
Had I asked ya about any kneebar or armbar attempted by Rampage in his career, probably...crickets...

By the way, I thought ya got jailed or somethin´, still waitin´for yar answer here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...in-mma-history.3928977/page-12#post-150306819

View attachment 548935
You quote me so you can use those gifs from a KOTC fight. Did you even know he was applying the toehold in the wrong direction before switching to the kneebar. You really don't understand the technical aspects of the sport. You don't make any good assessments or even try to debate properly.

You quote me so you can use those gifs from a KOTC fight. Did you even know he was applying the toehold in the wrong direction before switching to the kneebar. You really don't understand the technical aspects of the sport. You don't make any good assessments or even try to debate properly.
Helax Smiley, It was about Page tryin´to diversify his skillset. Who helped him back then, can ya tell me?
Who´s his opponent here?

A debate is about 2 persons goin´back and forth, questionnin´AND answerin´.
Ya asked me 2 questions about Suloev in that other thread, I answered.

Im still waitin´for yar answer to my question (asked 5 times).

Waitin´...

Rampage waiting.png

Helax Smiley, It was about Page tryin´to diversify his skillset. Who helped him back then, can ya tell me?
Who´s his opponent here?

A debate is about 2 persons goin´back and forth, questionnin´AND answerin´.
Ya asked me 2 questions about Suloev in that other thread, I answered.

Im still waitin´for yar answer to my question (asked 5 times).

Waitin´...

View attachment 548961
His opponent was Robert Smith. His coaches were still his wrestling friends from high school. I still have the box set in my parent's house. Please when you want to debate. Ask important questions and bring insight to the conversation. I don't care if you interact with me but sometimes it is more or less annoying or has nothing to do with my original comment.
You tried to play it off like the gifs were displaying high level ground work then you ask irrelevant questions regarding Rampage's team. Am I suppose to say he also trained out of Van Nuy's Muay Thai and Team Oyama but still can't throw a kick to save his life?

Lmao, GSP struggled with Michael Bisping and Johnny Hendricks.

His opponent was Robert Smith. His coaches were still his wrestling friends from high school. I still have the box set in my parent's house. Please when you want to debate. Ask important questions and bring insight to the conversation. I don't care if you interact with me but sometimes it is more or less annoying or has nothing to do with my original comment.
You tried to play it off like the gifs were displaying high level ground work then you ask irrelevant questions regarding Rampage's team. Am I suppose to say he also trained out of Van Nuy's Muay Thai and Team Oyama but still can't throw a kick to save his life?
hmmm...nah... ya got it all wrong, as usual. Im talkin´about Rampage stint @ Fabiano Iha´s... Not about high level shit too, but about Rampage tryin 2 diversify his skill set, since ya (and the other dude) were somehow implyin´that he was one-dimensional and not workin´on his skill set.

I asked ya an essential question in that Suloev debate, since ya have the annoyin´habit of badmouthin´ a whole generation from the Brazilian Vale Tudo era, Russian NHB scene and JMMA...without really knowin´shit, as I could check in that other TK/R.Morais debate where ya appeared completely clueless and talkin´outtah yar ass.

Now, man up, go back to that Suloev thread and let´s check who´s clueless about the technical part of this game.
Only skill set/technical sequences assessment, one-on-one, nobody else, no mods,...no...ref...lmao

no modz.gif

I’m thinking he could.

Rampage did well against Matt Lindland and Dan Henderson who I think beat GSP.

GSP struggled past LHW Bisping. The size and strength difference was too much.

Rampage takes him I think.

WTF? Now we are comparing guys that are 3 weight classes apart? GSP in his prime fought at 170 and walked around by his own admission at around 185. When he fought at 185 (once) he indicated despite bulking up he was only cutting from 190.

Rampage cut from 230 to make 205.

GSP is 5 '10", Rampage is 6'2".

GSP has a reach advantage but would be giving up 45 pounds or so of weight and prime rampage was all muscle.

hmmm...nah... ya got it all wrong, as usual. Im talkin´about Rampage stint @ Fabiano Iha´s... Not about high level shit too, but about Rampage tryin 2 diversify his skill set, since ya (and the other dude) were somehow implyin´that he was one-dimensional and not workin´on his skill set.

I asked ya an essential question in that Suloev debate, since ya have the annoyin´habit of badmouthin´ a whole generation from the Brazilian Vale Tudo era, Russian NHB scene and JMMA...without really knowin´shit, as I could check in that other TK/R.Morais debate where ya appeared completely clueless and talkin´outtah yar ass.

Now, man up, go back to that Suloev thread and let´s check who´s clueless about the technical part of this game.
Only skill set/technical sequences assessment, one-on-one, nobody else, no mods,...no...ref...lmao

Dave Roberts was under Iha. Stop being stupid man. You have rampage citing Roberts as his number 1 influence coming up to California since they became good friends while wrestling in high school as rivals. Which black youth was in Robert's corner in his UFC debut? You really think slamming someone is legit triangle defense?

Your assessments are awful. Your rationale are like fighter A is well rounded because he punched in vale tudo blahblah so he was well rounded. Please give a technical assessment. You are honestly clueless when it comes to certain things.

I don't even engage you and you actively seek me out. For a lack of better words. Get off my dick you autist. I don't have to do anything you say.

Dave Roberts was under Iha. Stop being stupid man. You have rampage citing Roberts as his number 1 influence coming up to California since they became good friends while wrestling in high school as rivals. Which black youth was in Robert's corner in his UFC debut? You really think slamming someone is legit triangle defense?

Your assessments are awful. Your rationale are like fighter A is well rounded because he punched in vale tudo blahblah so he was well rounded. Please give a technical assessment. You are honestly clueless when it comes to certain things.

I don't even engage you and you actively seek me out. For a lack of better words. Get off my dick you autist. I don't have to do anything you say.
Puh-lease ya goof, dont deflect, the OP was about Rampage´s mindset. I quoted 2 dudes, ya and the other one, sayin´ he had the mindset of a one-dimensional player. The gif was about showin´that at one point, he did work on it, my good friend

OMG, Gono´s awful!

What a sissy,lmao
cryin.gif

Stop talkin´ about Brazilian or Russian Vale Tudo, even JMMA... ya´re laughable.

We both know the reason why ya dont wanna answer my question about which Suloev fights ya really watched.
Coz ya only watched max. 2, and ya know Im gonna check the technical sequences and expose ya, jus´like in the TK and R. Morais debate.

What a clown.

Dont fool yourself, mutha.. Each time you´ll spit some pure BS about these ol´school shits, I´ll be like...

babalu eye.gif

Prime Rampage was Pride Rampage....who would have an insane strength advantage...

He would likely toss GSP around at will.

Weight divisions exist for a reason.

For his career, I disagree.

He was good for a few years in Pride when he used his wrestling and GnP but he couldn't beat Wand or Shogun...had NO CHANCE against either, actually.

He won the belt in UFC by beating Chuck, who he had already destroyed in Pride.

Then he KOd a deflated Wand but that's about all he accomplished after Pride.
He won the 1st round of the second Wand fight. I know he dropped Wand at least once and IIRC a second time. Then in the second round Wand took over. So to say he had NO CHANCE is stupid. Especially considering Wand (and Shogun) was considered the best 205 fighter(s) at that time. That's like saying you can't beat DC or Jones so you must suck. Nothing wrong with losing to them. In fact if you have to lose to someone Shogun/Wand in Pride (and Jones/DC in the UFC) are the people you want to lose to.

The Hendo vs Rampage fight is the most underrated fight of all time. This is the same Hendo that knocked out prime, peaking Wand.

Rampage is most definitely a top 5 LHW of all time.

Back