Could Tyson Fury be competitive with Francis in MMA with training?

Have you ever seen Francis take someone down? Or even attempt to take them down?

Fury's long legs and high center of gravity would make him really hard to take down (like Jon Jones)
High centre og gravity makes you unstable, that's just how physics works.
Also francis took stipe down. Add to that his horrifically powerful leg kicks. It would almost seem like a different sport. Oh wait

Francis would have absolutely no chance against Fury in a boxing match but the reverse is not true : while i still favor a MMA fighter in the UFC against a boxer, a boxer would still have a chance to win, even if small.

On the other hand, no MMA fighter would stand a chance against an elite boxer in a boxing match.

IDK man it seems like anytime some elite striker from outside the sport comes to MMA they get KTFO
giphy.gif

tumblr_pceu7crHRM1xxavtvo1_500.gifv

LightheartedScrawnyAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

BR0bb2l.gif
Goddamn Francis in regular speed and not slow motion is scary. Looked like if murgleyotta wasn’t there Frank would have murdered him.

Fury would be helpless in the clinch and would have no answer once Big Franck is on top of him throwing missiles.

Plus Francis has several submission wins. It wasn't against elite fighters but by the way, it would be enough to deal with a carreer boxer starting MMA in his mid 30's.
Tyson is only 32 stop adding years on buddeh

I always find it strange how people discredit people from different sports. Let's not pretend we know if they did any other kind of training. Hell....the fucking Undertaker practices jiu jitsu.

I don't think Fury would do well in MMA. He has no grappling background and his build seems terrible for stopping takedowns or taking kicks. He has thin long legs and he's super top heavy.

A-Level? He doesn't look like he's running a fast 40 or jumping out the Gym to me..
He's an A-level fighting athlete. Give Usain Bolt a pair of boxing gloves from a young age and the results probably wouldn't have been too impressive. Being a good sprinter likely means you have terrible cardio and then these naturally skinny explosive guys have to bulk up and carry a lot of artificial muscle, making them gas even more quickly in a boxing match. Fighting is not about how fast you can sprint, how far you can jump or how defined you abs are.

Fury has thai and kickboxing training i belive hes trained extensivly with verhooven a robin van roosmalan? 6 month bij and take down defense he would be king

Id.like to see it. Francis is primarily a striker (even a puncher to be more precise), but that would/could be a big mistake by him to fight his usual style.

Fury probably closer to 6ft 7. And I'd love to see it tbh

Maybe DC and Khabib can help train Fury's wrestling for a good 6 months, then we'd have a more competitive fight on our hands.

Fury stands too high. He is super technical but I think it is too late for him to learn some wrestling. He is a physical guy but he isn't athletic.

you have no idea what you’re talking about. Brock lesnar became champ with minimal training and Tyson fury is light years ahead of him. He’s a literal A level athlete and one of the greatest heavyweights to ever live

3lLKYO@facebook.gif

boxers have 0 TDD, it is more difficult make a transition to mma.

Have you ever seen Francis take someone down? Or even attempt to take them down?

Fury's long legs and high center of gravity would make him really hard to take down (like Jon Jones)
He just took Stipe down a few weeks ago?

I always find it strange how people discredit people from different sports. Let's not pretend we know if they did any other kind of training. Hell....the fucking Undertaker practices jiu jitsu.
There is a video of Fury training with Till completely cluleless.

Fury stands too high. He is super technical but I think it is too late for him to learn some wrestling. He is a physical guy but he isn't athletic.
I'd actually say footwork-wise Fury is pretty damn athletic considering he's 6'9" and can dance around on his toes and utilize full-body feints constantly for 12 rounds easily while boxing.

Back