Could Tyson Fury be competitive with Francis in MMA with training?

Francis would wrestle him
All day ....lol at long legs making it hard to take someone down

you have no idea what you’re talking about. Brock lesnar became champ with minimal training and Tyson fury is light years ahead of him. He’s a literal A level athlete and one of the greatest heavyweights to ever live
You don’t know what you’re taking about

You people really need to stop with this shit. There is no athlete in the world that has anything more than a puncher’s chance with any UFC fighter. Get a grip.
LMAO what a fucking UFC shill tool . Plenty of boxers could whoop UFC fighters asses same goes for fighters in other organizations . Best flyweight in the world is mighty mouse , best BW is Horiguchi , Pitbull is top 3 FW material , Nemkov would be number 1 contender in UFC LHW just to name a few on the surface. Your not a fight fan your a UFC fanboy

LMAO what a fucking UFC shill tool . Plenty of boxers could whoop UFC fighters asses same goes for fighters in other organizations . Best flyweight in the world is mighty mouse , best BW is Horiguchi , Pitbull is top 3 FW material , Nemkov would be number 1 contender in UFC LHW just to name a few on the surface. Your not a fight fan your a UFC fanboy
Sigh ..... you are sooooo annoying......Your IQ is likely well below 50 .......

So you’re picking 3 fighters in the world outside of the ufc that are top guys ....big fucking deal ......Majority of the best fighters fight in the ufc ....deal with it

So you’re picking 3 fighters in the world outside of the ufc that are top guys ....big fucking deal ......Majority of the best fighters fight in the ufc ....deal with it
Back up a little bit bud . I agree that the UFC has the majority of the world's best mma fighters .
I was debunking the ridiculous claim @TempleoftheDog made when he said "There is no athlete in the world that has anything more than a puncher’s chance with any UFC fighter"

Lol I love Fury but there is a reason why Ngannou is the baddest person on earth, hand two hand nobody beats Ngannou in this planet

I guess it depends how you think a guy with a little grappling training would do against a guy with a lot more.

If you think a blue belt would typically tap out a white belt, or a senior varsity wrestler could typically take down a freshman varsity wrestler, the. The answer is Ngannou wins 9 out of 10 in MMA.

Back up a little bit bud . I agree that the UFC has the majority of the world's best mma fighters .
I was debunking the ridiculous claim @TempleoftheDog made when he said "There is no athlete in the world that has anything more than a puncher’s chance with any UFC fighter"
Francis kills Fury in the octagon....be serious

Have you ever seen Francis take someone down? Or even attempt to take them down?

Fury's long legs and high center of gravity would make him really hard to take down (like Jon Jones)

You have obviously never wrestled. In wrestling it's generally much easier to take down taller guys with some exceptions obviously. Having wrestled for many years you look at how awkward fury is on those things and he looks like he'd be at a huge physical disadvantage in the wrestling department with someone his own weight. Sizing people up for years in wrestling my intuition screams he'd never have good tdd even with training.

Long legs and high center of gravity are literally the opposite of the point you are trying to make. Smh.

Give Fury 1 year of training grappling and kicks, he'll beat Ngannou with ease.

You people really need to stop with this shit. There is no athlete in the world that has anything more than a puncher’s chance with any UFC fighter. Get a grip.

Greg hardy would like to have a word

Ngannou would easily take Fury down and submit him. Francis still trains grappling, though he is a striker. He has even won by submission in the UFC. There is a huge difference between someone who has trained grappling for a few months even and someone who has never trained at all. Ngannou has been a pro for years while Fury has probably just trained grappling once with Darren Till that one time.

UFC rules -Francis. Boxing rules - Fury.

Street Rules -toss up

remember when that boxing coach knocked Don Frye the F out in that hotel lobby. Just because you know grappling -doesnt mean its always gonna save your ass versus another predator

He's an A-level fighting athlete. Give Usain Bolt a pair of boxing gloves from a young age and the results probably wouldn't have been too impressive. Being a good sprinter likely means you have terrible cardio and then these naturally skinny explosive guys have to bulk up and carry a lot of artificial muscle, making them gas even more quickly in a boxing match. Fighting is not about how fast you can sprint, how far you can jump or how defined you abs are.
Usain Bolt has literally played professional soccer.

If you were attempting to use him as an example of how being athletic in sprinting wouldn’t equate to success in other sports that was an exceptionally poor choice.

I'd actually say footwork-wise Fury is pretty damn athletic considering he's 6'9" and can dance around on his toes and utilize full-body feints constantly for 12 rounds easily while boxing.
He is awkward but effective. That is technique. Even he calls his style slick American boxing with European conditioning.
Look at his opponent Wilder who is much more athletic. Being able to move your head and feet isn't considered athletic. It's a technical skill.

Back