COVER song thread!

Poignant, riveting, disturbing...this version takes the song to a whole different place. Excellent.

Poignant, riveting, disturbing...this version takes the song to a whole different place. Excellent.

Lol. Haven't heard that name in ages.
I used to bang on bits of scrap metal in a Coil-alike band in the mid-eighties. I was dressed in an old postal cape and secretly envious of the guy who got to blow the Tibetan thighbone.

We only did one concert. It was at a punk gig, but the punks - who could not pogo to our cacophony (though they did try, bless their hearts) soon grew restless.
It was impossible to tell whether the evening was a success or not.
After that, our lead singer/maker of grunts decided to become an ironic Barry White impersonator and everyone went their separate ways.
Good times.

Lol. Haven't heard that name in ages.
I used to bang on bits of scrap metal in a Coil-alike band in the mid-eighties. I was dressed in an old postal cape and secretly envious of the guy who got to blow the Tibetan thighbone.

We only did one concert. It was at a punk gig, but the punks - who could not pogo to our cacophony (though they did try, bless their hearts) soon grew restless.
It was impossible to tell whether the evening was a success or not.
After that, our lead singer/maker of grunts decided to become an ironic Barry White impersonator and everyone went their separate ways.
Good times.
Lol that’s awesome. I like Coil a lot, but it’s not exactly something I throw on when I’m cleaning the house. But I love their version of Tainted Love. In the 80s amidst the AIDS epidemic, it was a really dark take on the song.

Last edited:
Lol that’s awesome. I like Coil a lot, but it’s not exactly something I throw on when I’m cleaning the house. But I love their version of Tainted Love. In the 80s amidst the AIDS epidemic, it was a really dark take on the song.
They're very intense aren't they.
Heh, I imagine a house that regularly got cleaned to Coil would slowly start to morph over time. Maybe some light poltergeist activity, eventually.

Don't think we've ever had a Housecleaning Music Thread in the Jukebox, btw.

This could go in the “cover songs better than the original” thread. I prefer this version.

Nice version of Underworld’s “Underneath the Radar” by Go Fight (the current band of Jim Marcus from Die Warzau).

Back