Cris Cyborg vs Leslie Smith Bellator 259 Main Event May 21st Showtime

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just announced on Bellator 255 telecast

That fight is bad.

Cyborg used to bitch about UFC making her fight blown up BW and how Bellator had a "Real" FW div, now she's fighting blown up BW. She'll probably fight Cat next, another blown up BW.

WFW is just not a good div outside maybe 3 or 4 girls if that.

Cris Cyborg (23-2 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) will put her women’s featherweight title on the line against Leslie Smith (12-8-1 MMA, 2-2 BMMA) in the Bellator 259 main event. The promotion announced the headliner during Friday’s Bellator 255 broadcast, which was its debut on Showtime.

Bellator 259 is set for May 21 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card for that event will air on Showtime following prelims on MMA Junkie. In addition, Christian Edwards (4-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) will fight Ben Parrish (4-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) in a light heavyweight bout on the card, and Georgi Karakhanyan (30-11-1 MMA, 8-9 BMMA) vs. Adam Piccolotti (12-4 MMA, 8-4 BMMA) has been booked at lightweight.

I wish she would go back to the UFC fight Amanda again.maybe GDR will take the fight

Wait that's the main event? Holy shit I was already disappointed they made this pointless rematch, but to actually have it headline a card?? Wow that is bad. What has Leslie done to make anyone think the rematch will be different? She is on a 1 fight win streak, she is gonna get destroyed again with ease.

4jJcWkr.gif

MMA does a horrible job scouting WFL talent. You can't be eyeing the Shields/Harrisons of the world when there aren't any OK names to fight them.

There's plenty of BJJ, wrestling & striking talent at those weight classes outside of MMA.

MMA does a horrible job scouting WFL talent. You can't be eyeing the Shields/Harrisons of the world when there aren't any OK names to fight them.

There's plenty of BJJ, wrestling & striking talent at those weight classes outside of MMA.

They have to actually want to do MMA though. Most of them don't seem to want to try it really. Stamp Fairtex is having a go and obviously there's Kayla, but in general most of the girls seem to stick with their sports.

Reactions: lsa
Cyborg vs Smith is the UFC's equivalent of Nunes vs Anderson. None of them make sense, get rid of the division already.
worse. she took the first fight because nobody would fight cyborg and cyborg said she couldn't make 145.

maldonado vs glover 2 is my new dream fight.

A beat down waiting to happen. I hope Leslie is at least getting a good paycheck out of this mess.

lol they already fought and it was pointless then and even more pointless now. Coker never ceases to amaze how bad he manages the roster/events.

lol they already fought and it was pointless then and even more pointless now. Coker never ceases to amaze how bad he manages the roster/events.
UFC just had Nunes vs Megan dude. It's the same shit. UFC also booked Usman vs Jorge again lol

This is like doing Nunes Vs Megan II to be fair.

It's genuinely in the top 5 most pointless matches I can remember in the history of the sport.

Same like Usman/Jorge. At least it's WMMA, if they booked a useless male title rematch I would be mad also. But I don't really care about WMMA tho

Back