Cris Cyborg vs Leslie Smith Bellator 259 Main Event May 21st Showtime

I assumed Bellator saw potential in Shabliy, I mean they must have offered him good money to disregard his previous UFC offer and sign with Bellator. But they seem to not want to promote him too much, at least they seem more interested in the few UK fans who will tune in to watch Shabliy destroy Davis, than to promote Shabliy in the US.
I think they are hesitant to promote him too much because he might have plans to bolt to UFC after his 4 fights is done.

LMAO Chris Lencioni tried to be cool but sounded like an idiot, I kind of feel bad for the dudeView attachment 854474
Lencioni is a goofball. I thought he was cut anyway? And he’s trying to fight Brett at 145? Not gonna happen anyway. Sabatello is a good replacement. I’ll take it. This card is looking good.

I think they are hesitant to promote him too much because he might have plans to bolt to UFC after his 4 fights is done.
Bellator's original plan to throw him into title contention immediately was the way to go. Have him fight for the title asap because if he wins he will be locked into the championship clause but if he loses the UFC might not offer him good money.

Bellator's original plan to throw him into title contention immediately was the way to go. Have him fight for the title asap because if he wins he will be locked into the championship clause but if he loses the UFC might not offer him good money.

I wouldn't put it past Ali to be able to negotiate a contract without a championship clause.

I honestly think thats a decent signing and a good replacemebt given the circumstances.

He made Josh Hill look like a thrill a minute all action fighter in the last two fights I saw of him.

It's like they're using the list of fighters I said they should avoid because they're good but extremely boring as a scouting list.

Feel bad for Alfie Davis because he is about to get KTFO.

Christian Edwards not cleared by the commission, Loureda is now main card

Edwards came in way underweight at 202.7, so maybe it's sickness or something

That really sucks was looking forward to seeing Edwards .. I hope it’s not serious he’s a bright prospect for them. Loureda to the main card is the right move imo. She’s the biggest star on the card and people will tune in to see her.

Christian Edwards not cleared by the commission, Loureda is now main card

Edwards came in way underweight at 202.7, so maybe it's sickness or something

Brutal. Edwards is definitely the most compelling of the trio of he, Neal and Fortune as far as young unbeaten 205ers go. I'd have put Shabily on the main card myself but I understand why they're putting Loureda on there. In fact it was probably the right move all along.

Brutal. Edwards is definitely the most compelling of the trio of he, Neal and Fortune as far as young unbeaten 205ers go. I'd have put Shabily on the main card myself but I understand why they're putting Loureda on there. In fact it was probably the right move all along.
I want Edwards to face Manhoef. Parrish seems like somewhat off a gimmie fight and Manhoef is a nice name to put on the resume. Not saying Parrish is a can since his only loss is a leg injury which might have been a freak accident, but he is more a opponent for Tyree Fortune then Parrish

Shabliy vs Davis will be the first fight because they want the UK based fighters to fight at an appropriate time for the UK. That’s why McCourt is early as well.

Hopefully Bellator can put together some European events soon, they cant waste great fights on the prelims. Can some European Sherbro tell us at what time do the prelims start for them? And how big they are in their hometown? In other words, is it worth putting big fights in the prelims to cater to the European fan base? I think with all the prelim fights catered to the European market they could have put together a big European events.

Back