Social Crisis' at Columbia University forces classes online, arrests at Yale College campuses are becoming battle grounds for Hamas and Israel

I don't think your memory exists.

From the Proud Boys themselves it was just a joke at first that turned into a fight club and then into sedition.

I know their origin, but most people never heard of these guys until they started fighting against Antifa.

47h15d.gif

Peacefully protest all you want, but why block students from going to class?

They are not protesters, they are terrorists.

If they believe what they are doing is so righteous and virtuous, then why are they covering their faces?

demanding basic humanitarian aid while paying how many tens of thousands of dollars per semester??

They turn off the deep fryers at the mess hall, no more chicken tenders for them, and then you have genocide occurring on our own campuses.

They are attacking police in New York.

Imagine throwing your life away for people who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. I think this is the long overdue "jump the shark" moment for the left. The hippies and burn outs had theirs, and it ushered in like 20 years of hard conservatism. Think we might be seeing the same thing here. These are not protests. It's terrorism and chaos.

The NYPD right now are moving into the occupied building on Columbia campus

How stupid and/or absolutely off her ideological rocker, does President Minouche Shafik have to be to allow this to progress?

iu

Schools like Texas and Arizona shared how to quickly end the situation. Many of these people are not students, they're activists. You're a private university. You can have them trespassed and arrested on the spot. If you have any students involved, they can explain to their parents how they are expelled. Shafik must have wanted this to happen. She allowed it to escalate. She put students and faculty in danger and got the school vandalized. I'd fire the asshole.

No, you're conflating criticism of an American-Israeli lobbying group with "casual antisemitism"...of which there is no such thing. Either you think any criticism of Jewish people IS anti-semitism, or you dont. And either you consider the Israeli Government synonymous with all Jewish people, or you dont. Creating sub-categories of alleged anti-semitism to make any disagreement anti-semitism certainly isn't being honest.

A person can be critical of a lobbying group's activities without hating the people then group claims to represent.

A person can be critical of the Government of a Country without hating the people who live there.

A person can be critical of some people who live there without behaving as if they are all monolithic in thought and values.

A US Citizen can be critical of US foreign policy (and its advocates) without being deemed a hate-monger. As those who are hateful towards other Nations are very clear in their rhetoric of isolationism.

Jewish Americans certainly agree with these contentions as there are MANY critical of Istrael and Hamas simultaneously. Stating otherwise just seems like a rhetorical means of always hedging the conversation that there is only one correct ideological viewpoint of a nuanced issue, a nuanced issue which is getting droves of already oppressed people eliminated from existence.
It's a standard that only applies to Israel. Nobody will claim you hate Korean people if you support sanctions against North Korea, or that you hate Russian people because you support Ukraine.
Now, if you're against your government sending billions to Israel are you're a raging antisemite. Mind you, these are not even sanctions and Israel would still be able to raze Gaza without these billions.
Also, the same people that support AIPAC would claim any other lobbying group for a foreign country is anti-patriotic or outright traitorous. They would never use the same soft words of "just a bunch of American citizens expressing their rights", if there was a group composed of American citizens that lobbied for Russia.

Most of these kids don't give a shit about Palestine when it really comes down to it. We used to burn couches in the street when our football team lost in college. I realized it was a farce when we started burning couches in the street when the football team won. These kids just want to feel like they are doing something meaningful. For the most part, while I sympathize greatly with the poor people of Palestine, these kids rioting are fucking morons.

How stupid and/or absolutely off her ideological rocker, does President Minouche Shafik have to be to allow this to progress?

iu

Schools like Texas and Arizona shared how to quickly end the situation. Many of these people are not students, they're activists. You're a private university. You can have them trespassed and arrested on the spot. If you have any students involved, they can explain to their parents how they are expelled. Shafik must have wanted this to happen. She allowed it to escalate. She put students and faculty in danger and got the school vandalized. I'd fire the asshole.
Any of these people who are not students and are provoking the situation REALLY need to be punished harshly for this bs.

It's a standard that only applies to Israel. Nobody will claim you hate Korean people if you support sanctions against North Korea, or that you hate Russian people because you support Ukraine.
Now, if you're against your government sending billions to Israel are you're a raging antisemite. Mind you, these are not even sanctions and Israel would still be able to raze Gaza without these billions.
Also, the same people that support AIPAC would claim any other lobbying group for a foreign country is anti-patriotic or outright traitorous. They would never use the same soft words of "just a bunch of American citizens expressing their rights", if there was a group composed of American citizens that lobbied for Russia.
When "From the river to the sea" is a marching cry, I don't really need to look any deeper into what they're really protesting.

Any of these people who are not students and are provoking the situation REALLY need to be punished harshly for this bs.
During an interview last week, a student protester mentioned (paraphrasing):

'If you see a traffic light in the background of a protest, it's off campus. There are no traffic lights on campus. There are no stop signs on campus.'

It seems that any protest (or violence) that was done within the vicinity of Columbia, was declared "on campus" by the media.

Well, this week, it seems that the off campus protestors have moved onto campus.

Here in the streets so mechanized
Rise to the bottom of the meaning of life
Studied all the rules and didn't want no part
But I let you in just to break this heart
Even though it was only one night, it was
Fucking strange

Will not do any good to arrest them the DA will just decline to prosecute then.
And they will all be allowed to go back home for the summer, rest up and get ready to find a new cause to protest next year.

The thing that gets me is that these kids will grow up and get older. Some are about to graduate and join the workforce and some will lead and be placed in positions of power.

The ideas that will follow with them, will be something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back