Social CRT (Critical Race Theory) Megathread, Vol.1

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
Moderator Note: Please use this thread to discuss the various instances of CRT that catch your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
200.gif

Odd, this chud just had a whole article written about him in The New Yorker. Guess he's a rising star in Chudland. Never heard of him until recently. Apparently he's been all over TV.

How a Conservative Activist Invented the Conflict Over Critical Race Theory
To Christopher Rufo, a term for a school of legal scholarship looked like the perfect weapon.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/anna...vented-the-conflict-over-critical-race-theory

Odd, this chud just had a whole article written about him in The New Yorker. Guess he's a rising star in Chudland. Never heard of him until recently. Apparently he's been all over TV.

How a Conservative Activist Invented the Conflict Over Critical Race Theory
To Christopher Rufo, a term for a school of legal scholarship looked like the perfect weapon.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/anna...vented-the-conflict-over-critical-race-theory

yeah, I saw that earlier. He’ll be on Tucker tonight! Things is, the documents are all real, people had to sign them, which is funny.

Last summer, Rufo ... appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” Rufo had prepared a three-minute monologue, to be uploaded to a teleprompter at a Seattle studio, and he had practiced carefully enough that when a teleprompter wasn’t available he still remembered what to say. On air, set against the deep-blue background of Fox News, he told Carlson, “It’s absolutely astonishing how critical race theory”—he said those three words slowly, for emphasis—“has pervaded every aspect of the federal government.” Carlson’s face retracted into a familiar pinched squint while Rufo recounted several of his articles. Then he said what he’d come to say: “Conservatives need to wake up. This is an existential threat to the United States. And the bureaucracy, even under Trump, is being weaponized against core American values. And I’d like to make it explicit: The President and the White House—it’s within their authority to immediately issue an executive order to abolish critical-race-theory training from the federal government. And I call on the President to immediately issue this executive order—to stamp out this destructive, divisive, pseudoscientific ideology.”

Since his appearance on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” last fall, Rufo’s rise had matched that of the movement against critical race theory. He’d become a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, for which he had written more than two dozen document-based articles—mostly about anti-bias training in the government, schools, and corporations—which, he told me, had together accrued more than two hundred and fifty million impressions online. (“That’s a lot,” he said.) Carlson has been an especially effective ally; he relied on Rufo’s reporting for an hour-long episode this spring on “woke education,” and invited Rufo to join as a segment guest. Conservatives in state legislatures across the country have proposed (and, in some cases, passed) legislation banning or restricting critical-race-theory instruction or seminars; Rufo has advised on the language for more than ten bills. When Ron DeSantis and Tom Cotton have tweeted about critical race theory, they have borrowed Rufo’s phrases. He has travelled to Washington, D.C., to speak to an audience of two dozen members of Congress, and mentioned in passing that earlier in May he’d had drinks with Ted Cruz. In the 2016 Presidential election, Rufo had cast a dissenter’s vote for Gary Johnson. In 2020, he voted to reëlect Trump. Rufo said, “I mean, how can you not? It would have seemed rude and ungrateful.”

Somewhere along the way the relationship between media and politicians was reversed. Politicians used to act and media would respond with coverage. Now Politicians watch Fox News etc for cues on what to do.

Lol at @HOLA .

A guy gives the actual slides and documents from corporate race indoctrination, but some loser on the karate forum did say "chud", so that's pretty much as good as a rebuttal.

<{MingNope}>
The article from The New Yorker must be threatening to you, with its bigly words? I understand. Things get scary outside of your safe space meme threads.

Last summer, Rufo ... appeared on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” Rufo had prepared a three-minute monologue, to be uploaded to a teleprompter at a Seattle studio, and he had practiced carefully enough that when a teleprompter wasn’t available he still remembered what to say. On air, set against the deep-blue background of Fox News, he told Carlson, “It’s absolutely astonishing how critical race theory”—he said those three words slowly, for emphasis—“has pervaded every aspect of the federal government.” Carlson’s face retracted into a familiar pinched squint while Rufo recounted several of his articles. Then he said what he’d come to say: “Conservatives need to wake up. This is an existential threat to the United States. And the bureaucracy, even under Trump, is being weaponized against core American values. And I’d like to make it explicit: The President and the White House—it’s within their authority to immediately issue an executive order to abolish critical-race-theory training from the federal government. And I call on the President to immediately issue this executive order—to stamp out this destructive, divisive, pseudoscientific ideology.”

Since his appearance on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” last fall, Rufo’s rise had matched that of the movement against critical race theory. He’d become a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, for which he had written more than two dozen document-based articles—mostly about anti-bias training in the government, schools, and corporations—which, he told me, had together accrued more than two hundred and fifty million impressions online. (“That’s a lot,” he said.) Carlson has been an especially effective ally; he relied on Rufo’s reporting for an hour-long episode this spring on “woke education,” and invited Rufo to join as a segment guest. Conservatives in state legislatures across the country have proposed (and, in some cases, passed) legislation banning or restricting critical-race-theory instruction or seminars; Rufo has advised on the language for more than ten bills. When Ron DeSantis and Tom Cotton have tweeted about critical race theory, they have borrowed Rufo’s phrases. He has travelled to Washington, D.C., to speak to an audience of two dozen members of Congress, and mentioned in passing that earlier in May he’d had drinks with Ted Cruz. In the 2016 Presidential election, Rufo had cast a dissenter’s vote for Gary Johnson. In 2020, he voted to reëlect Trump. Rufo said, “I mean, how can you not? It would have seemed rude and ungrateful.”

Somewhere along the way the relationship between media and politicians was reversed. Politicians used to act and media would respond with coverage. Now Politicians watch Fox News etc for cues on what to do.

This has been pointed out to them many times, they don't care if it's manufactured. They don't need evidence.

This is allowing for legislation that censors education, this is why some educators are fighting back. That fight is being presented by Republicans as pushing CRT.

This guy is being funded by the same people who funded the push for intelligent design in science class.

I too believe good racism will cure bad racism.

That's been the conservative strategy for almost a century.

Call efforts to balance the scales "just more racism".

MLK called it out many times.

That's been the conservative strategy for almost a century.

Call efforts to balance the scales "just more racism".

MLK called it out many times.

Agreed. We would also likely agree that Republicans during that time should have called it out as it would have sped up the speed equality progressed rapidly.

So all that considered, where are the Democrats calling this out? From what I have seen they seem to support racist teachings as long as they are on the winning side of it. I would argue that repeatedly telling an individual, or these days kids, that "white bad, white bad, white bad" until they eventually believe it is not too dissimilar from what we have seen in reverse.