Opinion Crypto Currency Pisses Me Off

"use crypto" lol.
I think you mean; "have some semblance of financial arbitrage bet on without creating any net utility thru commerce"

It's like saying "over 100 million women use diamonds everyday on their hands"

Excellent

You sound poor and stupid.

Why don't you try and make some make money as a arbitrator fool, you sound like someone with out a clue in the finance realm.
You can't stop the worlds wealth from becoming digitized but you can get on board early and make out well.

Or keep hating Jimmy, it's easier than being aware. ;)

You don't know a thing about crypto, talk to me when you know how to write your own solidarity smart contract.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of crypto but I’ve made some good money from it. 90% are scams. Try shitcoins.. now that’s something else. It’s extremely dangerous but the guys you see as crypto millionaires are likely playing with shit/meme coins. I think it’s only a matter of time before it’s regulated because the amount of scams out there is crazy.

Bitcoin and other coins are entirely worthless unless there are willing buyers. Therefore all the holders are incentivized to bully and gaslight everyone else into buying in so they can actually liquidate their positions for real money.

They can only make real money if there is a volume of trading going on and to do that they need to pretend it's some panacea for all the worlds problems to get as many as they can to buy in.

Bitcoin and other coins are entirely worthless unless there are willing buyers. Therefore all the holders are incentivized to bully and gaslight everyone else into buying in so they can actually liquidate their positions for real money.

They can only make real money if there is a volume of trading going on and to do that they need to pretend it's some panacea for all the worlds problems to get as many as they can to buy in.

Smart Contracts.

If you see people still thinking everything in crypto is a giant ponzi scheme, that criminals use it and that it consumes too much energy, then be thankful, it allows you to accumulate more. Just be vary of what you buy, do your bloody research.

blockchain is definitely the future, and crypto is part of it. it'll take time to flush out winners and losers.

blockchain is definitely the future, and crypto is part of it. it'll take time to flush out winners and losers.
The winners are clear, it's the losers that takes time to die.

Excellent

iu

You sound poor and stupid.

Why don't you try and make some make money as a arbitrator fool, you sound like someone with out a clue in the finance realm.
You can't stop the worlds wealth from becoming digitized but you can get on board early and make out well.

Or keep hating Jimmy, it's easier than being aware. ;)

You don't know a thing about crypto, talk to me when you know how to write your our solidarity smart contract.
yes; the guy who trades more volume in a day than you do in a year is poor and dumb.<Lmaoo>

Arbitrage and societal utility are two different things to everyone but the dumb or the malevolent.

yes; the guy who trades more volume in a day than you do in a year is poor and dumb.<Lmaoo>

Arbitrage and societal utility are two different things to everyone but the dumb or the malevolent.

So you profit from crypto but have reservations?

I'm going to make Crypto very easy to understand at a high level in comparison to a dollar.

Dollar: You trust the U.S. Gov't / Federal Reserve that they will honor the value. That's hard to do as they print non-stop and electronically create even more dollars out of nothing.

Crypto: You trust the other holders of the currency to honor the value. It is created when others turn in dollars or other government currency. The risk is governments attacking it.

So... who do you trust? The government or other people invested in the currency? That's a subjective question that only each person can answer. I don't trust governments, but I also trust that governments will eventually try to destroy cryptos as they go for a one world digital currency one day.

I use crypto as it was intended.... to buy Xanax and Oxy from shady people on the interweb.
Ok.....so the weirdest thing is happening. All day I couldn't connect to my XMR wallet, right?

So, now I'm finally able to connect by using a remote node and my available balance is ~55 XMR higher than it should be, which is i'm guessing north of 14 grand.

crypto is not real money, its digital money with no rhyme, no reason, & no safeguards. you shell out real money to buy it though. buy it, sell it, make a profit and get out before you get hacked, robbed, and taxed.

crypto is not real money, its digital money with no rhyme, no reason, & no safeguards. you shell out real money to buy it though. buy it, sell it, make a profit and get out before you get hacked, robbed, and taxed.
Most of my money is in digital form…
Blockchain has merit, crypto is here to stay. All the meme coins leave people confused. Like Doge…. In theory, it should be a Shitcoin and at the same time, you can profit from trading

I don't get why environmentalists don't make a bigger deal about Cypto. They waste a lot of electricity just mining which doesn't actually produce any tangible goods. Not to mention the ever increasing demands for more processing power which has caused shortages of computer components. Its a very inefficient, carbon heavy way of handling transactions.

Reactions: kuf
While I agree most crypto’s are worthless, a select few will be around for a long time and be pretty damn valuable. The argument of “how much does the average day trader make” is pretty fucking shitty though considering most stock market day traders are also getting their asses handed to them.

A provided break from the usual posts - let us discuss crypto and why it seems pointless.

I briefly worked for a software team that was creating a crypto dapp. What is a dapp?

it’s a distributed app.

What is a distributed app?

Well, after many discussion with a mathematician and a programmer, I can’t tell you what one is, and quite frankly, I don’t think anyone can.

and this gets at my main point of contention about crypto, it’s too damn convoluted and over saturated with junk for it to ever be widely used. As it is now, crypto is essentially a hobby, like model airplanes, that happens to be a form of investing.

Only model airplane types will put in the effort to understand it, and only model airplane types will be attracted to it.

Main point: crypto is it’s own enemy. Too much frenzy, no stability or standardization. Will always be a spectacle instead of a widely used currency.

And it’s also mad annoying.

what’s the average gain on a crypto day trader?

I know some folks got rich, but you can put money in a managed portfolio and never waste time speculating and you’ll likely come out ahead without draining your time and energy.

Also crypto people are insufferable because they speak in jargon. I don’t care. I’d rather sleep.

I feel like you're underestimating the real world value of Crypto currencies within the digitized underground economy. Crypto currencies are driven by big business. It just isn't the big business that we see on billboards and network TV.

Back