Cuban Boxing Fundamentals

That's a shame. He was your best fighter, even though he always had problems pulling the trigger and lost decisions because of it. So who should we follow now?

Check the thread about my gym.

I'm not worried about Daijon, Dadi always said: "dont get too attached to your first crop." I dont know if he was my best, on paper with actual results, Joseph was the best.

But the fact is I have more students now than I ever did before. So there will be plenty to see.

I'm not worried about Daijon, Dadi always said: "dont get too attached to your first crop." I dont know if he was my best, on paper with actual results, Joseph was the best.

But the fact is I have more students now than I ever did before. So there will be plenty to see.
Speaking of Dadi has any of his guys went pro either Europe or North America? I really liked the style that Arnor had.

Speaking of Dadi has any of his guys went pro either Europe or North America? I really liked the style that Arnor had.

Kolli is 9-0:

Arnor is with him in that video.

Kolli is 9-0:

Arnor is with him in that video.

Pretty nice using the batons for a warm up like that I haven’t seen them used to mimic a tight guard before and of course the changing elevation on the uppercut. Which worked out for him in the fight. How tall is kolli?

Pretty nice using the batons for a warm up like that I haven’t seen them used to mimic a tight guard before and of course the changing elevation on the uppercut. Which worked out for him in the fight. How tall is kolli?

6'6" He and Arnor have been close for a long time as they traveled and fought together a lot as Amateurs. So Arnor is very familiar with how Kolli has to function on fight days and such. Arnor, I think, has given up on himself as a fighter. Dadi is on some next-level shit with his newer fighters. Kind of like myself.

What's ironic is that right this second both of our stand-out pupils are heavyweights.

6'6" He and Arnor have been close for a long time as they traveled and fought together a lot as Amateurs. So Arnor is very familiar with how Kolli has to function on fight days and such. Arnor, I think, has given up on himself as a fighter. Dadi is on some next-level shit with his newer fighters. Kind of like myself.

What's ironic is that right this second both of our stand-out pupils are heavyweights.
Mero mero and Kolli?
Yea I was impressed with the baton work it was perfect for Kolli it was basically almost exactly the same as the fight?
What arnor is he looking to get into the training side of things or no?

Well, Dadi was always smart enough to groom his fighters to be able to teach. Training in Iceland is subsidized, so if you're at a gym you can make a decent living just doing that. He was terrible at it, at first. But then I heard he had started doing it again. I'm not sure if he's going to keep at it, though.

And yes, MarcAnthony and Kolli. Though MarcAnthony is one of about 7 I have right now that are active and getting exponentially better since I adjusted my program. I also have a 125lb'er who will be debuting soon, and a light heavyweight who is as fast as Daijon. Just need to make some adjustments to his craft before I let him get in there. Also, Veneno is back and wants to get serious (blue gloves):

Unfortunately, the guy in blue from the first part of the video ended badly - he killed the opponent in a street fight and went to prison for a long time.

@Sinister

I like that your guys use full protective gear and large gloves in sparrings. Sadly, in Russia, on the contrary, the bulk of the fighters believe that sparring should be done exclusively in broken old 8-10 oz, without headgear and groin protectors :).

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the guy in blue from the first part of the video ended badly - he killed the opponent in a street fight and went to prison for a long time.

That's unfortunate.

One of my father's friends, Sergei Michnik. Now trains/manages pro-boxers in Germany:

Well, Dadi was always smart enough to groom his fighters to be able to teach. Training in Iceland is subsidized, so if you're at a gym you can make a decent living just doing that. He was terrible at it, at first. But then I heard he had started doing it again. I'm not sure if he's going to keep at it, though.

And yes, MarcAnthony and Kolli. Though MarcAnthony is one of about 7 I have right now that are active and getting exponentially better since I adjusted my program. I also have a 125lb'er who will be debuting soon, and a light heavyweight who is as fast as Daijon. Just need to make some adjustments to his craft before I let him get in there. Also, Veneno is back and wants to get serious (blue gloves):

Nice I remember venenos vids from a long time ago he seems like one of those talented guys, it’s easy to hate on you know what I mean. Who’s the LHW any fights on him?
What about Sean what happened to that guy?

@Sinister

I like that your guys use full protective gear and large gloves in sparrings. Sadly, in Russia, on the contrary, the bulk of the fighters believe that sparring should be done exclusively in broken old 8-10 oz, without headgear and groin protectors :).

Damn that’s a shame.
How intense is the sparring? I have been training with some people from a communist school (China sports university) and we do lots of sparring like that just slap on some 10s and get to it. While you get hit there isn’t really an intent to smash your opponent. You get touched but not busted up. Compared to in the USA it isnt uncommon to have basically full on fights in sparring just with 16s and headgear.

Nice I remember venenos vids from a long time ago he seems like one of those talented guys, it’s easy to hate on you know what I mean. Who’s the LHW any fights on him?
What about Sean what happened to that guy?

Damn that’s a shame.
How intense is the sparring? I have been training with some people from a communist school (China sports university) and we do lots of sparring like that just slap on some 10s and get to it. While you get hit there isn’t really an intent to smash your opponent. You get touched but not busted up. Compared to in the USA it isnt uncommon to have basically full on fights in sparring just with 16s and headgear.

Shaun is back in Uganda, because of Trump.

The LHW, his name is Ramon, he doesnt have any fights yet. But hes been doing well in recent weeks and is young enough to make some moves.

sometimes clean parchment can be fun too.

Shaun is back in Uganda, because of Trump.

The LHW, his name is Ramon, he doesnt have any fights yet. But hes been doing well in recent weeks and is young enough to make some moves.
Fuuck. How many times did he fight while he was out here? Dude was talented.
I’ll keep my eyes out from Ramon on your threads.

Fuuck. How many times did he fight while he was out here? Dude was talented.
I’ll keep my eyes out from Ramon on your threads.

Out here? I don't remember, I think we had 4 or 6, something like that. Then the back of my brain is telling me he had 11 fights when he went back. He had a few out there too.

Out here? I don't remember, I think we had 4 or 6, something like that. Then the back of my brain is telling me he had 11 fights when he went back. He had a few out there too.
Is he still competing I remember him always talking about trying to make himself into a champ or something special with boxing.

Does he manage any big names?

I don’t know how famous these boxers are in the West - he was the manager of Anastasia Toktaulova (IBF champ 2005-2007, 49 kg) and Maxim Nesterenko (European 1992 WBC welterweight champion, IBF Inter-Continental welterweight champion 1995-1999, European EBU Champion, 60 professional boxing bouts, 48 wins, 28 knockouts).

It depends on the gym, but, as a rule, in both light and hard sparrings.
There are two reasons for this:
1. A specific (read 'dumbass') category of fighters who believes that it's not cool/manly to use protective equipment.
2. The disgusting quality of headgear and gloves that Russians used in the late 90s and early 2000s. "Green Hill" pakistan shit with AIBA holo-label if you want to compete officially as an amateur. Now the situation has somewhat improved, more and more boxers began to understand the importance of protective equipment, but anecdotal cases still occur. For example, in my last gym two guys (80 & 82 kg) with experience in the area of a 6 months of training came for sparring friday in Cleto Reyes 8 oz (model for pro-bouts).
silver.png

Of course, we happily paired them with each other :). By the end of the first round, both faces were covered with bruises and abrasions, fortunately, a knockout did not happen. Finally, they brought normal Title training gloves 16 oz to the next training session.

Last edited:
Is he still competing I remember him always talking about trying to make himself into a champ or something special with boxing.

He took a long layoff but is back on it now. He trains at the facility in Uganda that churned out guys like John Mugabi, Justin Juuko, Sharif Bogere, and the most recent one Fazil Juma:

Well, Lomachenkos aren't russians - they are ukranians :). And their distinctive style is a HUGE DEVELOPMENT over soviet boxing school, nice blend of old and modern. 'Cause, to be honest one hundred percent, Soviet boxing was perfect for amateur fights 3*3, not pro-bouts 8-10-12*3.

For entertainment purposes only ;-) - one of the first meetings of Soviet karateka with Soviet boxers:

This post of yours stuck with me.
Loma is the best and the most successful example I know of the soviet style in pro boxing.
This constant in and out movement he has for all 12 rounds, it's the closest to the pendulum
steps Frolov and Isaev are teaching.
But he didn't leave it at that, like Bivol did. Loma combines it with simultaneous hip movement and ducks and weaves that western fighters use so he can fight even at close range and overcome his size and reach disadvantage.
And of course his signature move, his quick pivot to the left of his orthodox's opponents and the constant change of angles that follows afterwards.
I thought all of that on Saturday watching him. He was damn entertaining to watch.

Back