Current Stipe vs Current Struve

The best fighter does not always win. Or maybe it is a case of Struve just having Stipe number. Personally the thought of running this fight back gives me chills. Struve does not need another ko loss.

For that very reason Stipe isn't even above Cain on the GOAT HW list

That loss was embarrassing lol, then he would go on to get KO'd by a 40 year old LHW

bVTfB4f.gif

DemandingRevolvingClingfish-size_restricted.gif

Struve doesn't even look nowhere near the same fighter anymore.

Those same people say Fedor was out of his prime when Henderson who is a natural MW beat him.

Sherdog has a bunch of different people saying different things all the time. Stipe is a much better fighter than Struve and Struve did poke Stipe in the eye leading to the finish. Fedor was also declining around 2008, his own trainers said he wasn't as fast as he used to be in one of the Affliction events, years before he fought Henderson who was over 200lbs in that fight and on PEDs.

We couldn’t have addressed this topic in your other Stipe thread, TS? We needed a while new thread for this?

Last edited:
The Struve loss was far more a case of WHEN the fight happened than WHO. It was a prospect loss, the kind of thing that can happen when a raw newcomer who hasn't learned on his own skin that he can lose runs into someone with 3 times the experience. For goodness sake, Stipe was only 2 and a half years into his pro career and less than a year in the UFC, having come from a local promotion that didn't exactly challenge him, and he was thrust into a main event in his first overseas fight.

Stipe probably would've beat Struve in an immediate rematch, now its just not fair.

Is there always an eye poke excuse everytime Stops loses? That ko was beautiful. It's too bad Struve had that heart condition issue. Would've loved to see him in shape and continuing the run he had going.

So now eyepokes are used as an excuse?

I guess they must totally legal in MMA as Cormier specialized in them

How about you get eyepoked severely in a fight, and see how you respond to punches to the face?

The Stipe haters on this site confound me.

Incidently, Stipe didn't complain about it post fight.

Fedor i

Fedor in great shape is a natural 185er.

Really, has he ever competed at that weight? Because I seriously doubt he could. He has a very wide/dense bone structure. He could make 205 with proper dieting by 185? Not a chance.

Fedor fans have got to be the most insecure group of fans in MMA. you can see the wheels turning a mile away. Very predictable bunch.

The only people I see in this thread are Fedor detractors whining about him.

Stipe would kill him.

For that very reason Stipe isn't even above Cain on the GOAT HW list

That loss was embarrassing lol, then he would go on to get KO'd by a 40 year old LHW

bVTfB4f.gif

DemandingRevolvingClingfish-size_restricted.gif

Stipe not over Cain???? Hmmm, that's gotta be the biggest LOL out there, absolutely ridiculous. Stipe is lightyears ahead of Cain and it's not even close. Cain is not even top 5 all time.

Obviously current Stipe would beat the current Struve, this is the same Stipe who dominated Francis for 5 rounds straight and beat DC twice. And Struve has seriously declined since the Stipe fight. Stipe by KO in the first round.

Fedor has the worst and most insecure fanbase on sherdog. They will go ballistic anytime people give stipe credit.

The real question is Current Stipe vs Prime Struve.

That said, Struve is weird. It's like he's too tall and his head is like an easy target for the catapult style overhand. I don't see him beating all the short guys that put his lights out.

Why are the morons so obsessed about Stipe's loss to Struve though?
It happens to fighters with big legacies. Khabib’s close fight with Tibau and Fedor’s fight with arona became way bigger talking points after they experienced greatness.

I’m not excusing Stipe’s loss, but context matters greatly. It was early in his UFC career, he got the shit poked out of his eyes, and a 7ft striker swarmed him. It happened. It’s in the past. It’s clearly not indicative of his talent or ability to take a shot. The more he accomplishes, the more his detractors will value the Struve loss.

Last edited:
It’s just the cult of Fedor. There are some bad fanbases out there. But his is the most insecure. Just bring up Stipe’s name, and let the bashing begin. The funny thing is that I bet most are johnny come lately types, that never saw a single Pride fight live. They just all pretend that they did. They joined up here whenever, and saw a lot of people calling him the GOAT, and just hopped right on that bandwagon.

He was obviously great, and one of the best ever. That should be enough. And they should be grown up enough not to have to trash Stipe because of it.
To be fair, this was all said about Fedor as well. People talked endlessly about his fight with Arona in the same vein; as if it somehow diminished his PRIDE reign.

How about current Stipe vs someone in their 20s?

Cause Struve was the last time he fought someone under 30 lol.

Struve lost against 8 people in their 30's and 40's after and 3 before this fight !

Fight just after Miocic was against 40 years old Hunt and he was near to be killed in the octogone ! ( 8 bones break on the jaw )

Miocic destroyed Hunt two years later ! Stipe improved a lot after this fight ! And his prime is since 2017-2019 !

In the top 15 ranking ( in and out of UFC... fightmatrix ranking ) , 10 guys are in their 30's, 2 in their 20's and 3 in their 40's... And half are in their prime !

Your Argument ARE STUPID, like you !

Back