Current Stipe vs Current Struve

sherdoggers are funny ! Title of the thread is current stipe vs current struve and nobody give a picked

<seedat>

It happens to fighters with big legacies. Khabib’s close fight with Tibai and Fedor’s fight with arona became way bigger talking points after they experienced greatness.

I’m not excusing Stipe’s loss, but context matters greatly. It was early in his UFC career, he got the shit poked out of his eyes, and a 7ft striker swarmed him. It happened. It’s in the past. It’s clearly not indicative of his talent or ability to take a shot. The more he accomplishes, the more his detractors will value the Struve loss.
All that plus at the end of the day, it's MMA. Unpredictable things happen all the time in the sport. It's so unpredictable that even GSP can get KO'd by Matt Serra. I never understood the whole thing of bringing up random losses way early in a fighter's career.

It's the Werdum fight too they whine about him being out of his prime. He looked good as ever in his last couple fights before it.
Tbf he looked on the decline in the Brett Rogers fight. Yeah he landed that punch from left field that knocked Rogers out cold but iirc he was getting bullied around the cage up to that point.

Really, has he ever competed at that weight? Because I seriously doubt he could. He has a very wide/dense bone structure. He could make 205 with proper dieting by 185? Not a chance.
Why not? When Fedor fought Hendo he came in at like 218-220, and still had love handles. A trim Fedor would likely be around 200, then cut the water weight. Easy money for someone who has done it all their life. Problem is; Fedor never had to cut weight. He just fought bigger guys most his career and didn't complain.

Losing to Hendo shouldn't be a knock on Fedor. Dan fought Fedor at HW, plus he made a career out of fighting at HW, LHW and MW.

Stipe destroys him. He is now use to eyepokes and will occasionally throw them back at his opponent. He also does great in rematches

Why not? When Fedor fought Hendo he came in at like 218-220, and still had love handles. A trim Fedor would likely be around 200, then cut the water weight. Easy money for someone who has done it all their life. Problem is; Fedor never had to cut weight. He just fought bigger guys most his career and didn't complain.

Losing to Hendo shouldn't be a knock on Fedor. Dan fought Fedor at HW, plus he made a career out of fighting at HW, LHW and MW.

I never said is was a knock against Fedor. Hendo had an absolute cannon. Hendo also has wins at HW over guys like Big Nog and Yvel. Crazy when you consider his size.

But when you are talking about size you have to consider if a fighter has ever competed at that weight. Cormier wrestled as low as the 170's in his youth so there is at least some basis for him possibly making 185 as an adult fighter. Fedor to my knowledge never, ever cut weight nor did he ever show any desire to do so. We can speculate all we want about him making a lighter weight class but he never even bothered with 205 so its hard to imagine him shedding 35 pounds to make 185.

Back