Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to do with bugs, though. It was just a crap game. They changed the core design of the game to be some microtransaction ridden looter shooter, and it received poor reviews, and turned people off.

Thats not the point im making. AAA development studios that value their name immediately began delaying game releases. 2019 was littered with AAA studios losing value from releasing unfinished games; Bioware, Bethesda, EA, Dice, 2K, Activision/Blizzard and Ubisoft. Days of trying to match mobile development cycle is coming to an end.

Thats not the point im making. AAA development studios that value their name immediately began delaying game releases. 2019 was littered with AAA studios losing value from releasing unfinished games; Bioware, Bethesda, EA, Dice, 2K, Activision/Blizzard and Ubisoft. Days of trying to match mobile development cycle is coming to an end.

I wish I could agree with you, but nah. Patches are here to stay. Microtransactions are here to stay. It's no coincidence that developers have decided to delay a lot of their big games in the wake of the next gen announcements. It's a balancing act. They want to cash in on this gen, while not getting left in the dust when the next gen hits. They're delaying games to get a slice of each pie.

When the next gen becomes standard, games are going to become even more fragmented. That's where the industry is headed. Games as a service, right down to the games themselves. We're going to look back and think a 80% complete game out of the box, was a luxury. The "season" model will become standard. You'll rarely see 60-100 hour games sold for $60. You're going to get 20 hour "chapters" at best. Especially when physical copies die off. That is their end game.

I'm sorta glad both this and vampire are delayed. More time to plan for the upgrade to play both in eye meltingly maxed out detail.

Not much to do with bugs, though. It was just a crap game. They changed the core design of the game to be some microtransaction ridden looter shooter, and it received poor reviews, and turned people off.

I think my reasoning is a lot more sound. While I'm sure they're gonna put more work into the games, they also want that 2nd launch with the new systems while the games are still hot, and the next gen libraries are skimpy.

I'd also put money on TLOU2 getting a delay in the near future as well.
I liked breakpoint. I don't understand why everybody whines about it

This is the first I heard it got delayed. God this SUCKS!

With as much hype as this game has its better to delay than to have a no mans sky on its hands

When the next gen becomes standard, games are going to become even more fragmented. That's where the industry is headed. Games as a service, right down to the games themselves. We're going to look back and think a 80% complete game out of the box, was a luxury. The "season" model will become standard. You'll rarely see 60-100 hour games sold for $60. You're going to get 20 hour "chapters" at best. Especially when physical copies die off. That is their end game.

I'm not sure so where gaming will go. The industry has tried a lot of things and some stuff has come to bite them in the ass hard. EA can you tell that much. I don't think the season model will become standard though. From what I read Hitman failed and a large complaint about that game was the episode structure they had.

I wish I could agree with you, but nah. Patches are here to stay. Microtransactions are here to stay. It's no coincidence that developers have decided to delay a lot of their big games in the wake of the next gen announcements. It's a balancing act. They want to cash in on this gen, while not getting left in the dust when the next gen hits. They're delaying games to get a slice of each pie.

Fallout 76 lost a massive amount of money for Bethesda due to releasing in a shoddy, incomplete state. Same thing with Anthem. I cannot stress how big these games could've been if they had been handled correctly. They have to see that.

Fallout 76 lost a massive amount of money for Bethesda due to releasing in a shoddy, incomplete state. Same thing with Anthem. I cannot stress how big these games could've been if they had been handled correctly. They have to see that.

Those are online only games that are always a work in progress. The biggest problem they had though, was the core of their experience was dog shit, because the developers didn't have much experience in that realm(at least Bethesda didn't). They were just bad games, and they certainly weren't the first games ever to have a sloppy launch. This has been going on for years, and to think that there is gonna be some vast sea change because of some failures here and there is a bit ridiculous.

We will still have games released with bugs next gen, whether it's due to them being rushed out the door, or whatever. The games are too big not to have them. Stupidly large patches aren't going anywhere, unfortunately. To believe they are, is just wishful thinking.

Those are online only games that are always a work in progress. The biggest problem they had though, was the core of their experience was dog shit, because the developers didn't have much experience in that realm(at least Bethesda didn't). They were just bad games, and they certainly weren't the first games ever to have a sloppy launch. This has been going on for years, and to think that there is gonna be some vast sea change because of some failures here and there is a bit ridiculous.

We will still have games released with bugs next gen, whether it's due to them being rushed out the door, or whatever. The games are too big not to have them. Stupidly large patches aren't going anywhere, unfortunately. To believe they are, is just wishful thinking.

There's a difference between releasing a full game with a few bugs that you patch in later and releasing a broken game with little content that is buggy as hell.

There's a difference between releasing a full game with a few bugs that you patch in later and releasing a broken game with little content that is buggy as hell.

Again, that kind of shit is usually relegated to big online games. And like I said, the games you cited were just bad in general. They could've been released with no bugs at all, and they likely still would've bored gamers to tears.

To contrast that though, "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" was loaded with bugs and released with a 17GB day one patch. Didn't seem to hurt that game too much.

Again, that kind of shit is usually relegated to big online games. And like I said, the games you cited were just bad in general. They could've been released with no bugs at all, and they likely still would've bored gamers to tears.

To contrast that though, "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" was loaded with bugs and released with a 17GB day one patch. Didn't seem to hurt that game too much.

A day 1 patch is much more forgiveable because everyone installs the patch before playing the game. So your first experience of the game is the patched version. I played it when it came out and didn't notice any glaring bugs. The game never broke on me.

A day 1 patch is much more forgiveable because everyone installs the patch before playing the game. So your first experience of the game is the patched version.

How is it not exactly what you're talking about though? Unfinished games being released, and leaving it up to the consumer to download all their fixes? On the first day, no less. That means they knew it had a lot of problems, and still put it out there. Day 1 patches are far more offensive, because they are knowingly releasing an unfinished product. As opposed to listening to feedback, and patching it.

I played it when it came out and didn't notice any glaring bugs. The game never broke on me.

That's anecdotal. It had some glaring bugs, that have pointed out rather loudly over the internet.

How is it not exactly what you're talking about though? Unfinished games being released, and leaving it up to the consumer to download all their fixes? On the first day, no less. That means they knew it had a lot of problems, and still put it out there. Day 1 patches are far more offensive, because they are knowingly releasing an unfinished product. As opposed to listening to feedback, and patching it.

It should be fairly obvious that if my first experience with a game is positive it will leave a greater impression then if my first experience is buggy and lacking content.

It should be fairly obvious that if my first experience with a game is positive it will leave a greater impression then if my first experience is buggy and lacking content.

Your first experience with the game is downloading a big ass patch.

Ultimately though, I think it comes down to this: If a game's core design is good, people will put up with it's glitches and patches. If it sucks, they won't bother. With most games, you can tell if there is something overwhelmingly good about it, even if it's riddled with bugs. Gamers will put up with a good, but flawed game. They won't put up with a shitty game that has technical flaws to boot. Which in general, just translates to people not liking shitty games. "Fallout 76" at it's core is shitty. Same with "Anthem". "KC: Deliverance" on the other hand, is good.

It all just comes down to core design, and whether or not it can hook players. If they can't do that, it doesn't matter how polished it might be out of the gate. Gamers won't play it.

Anyways, patches ain't going anywhere. In fact, they will only get bigger and more frequent, as the newer technology will demand it.

Your first experience with the game is downloading a big ass patch.

Ultimately though, I think it comes down to this: If a game's core design is good, people will put up with it's glitches and patches. If it sucks, they won't bother. With most games, you can tell if there is something overwhelmingly good about it, even if it's riddled with bugs. Gamers will put up with a good, but flawed game. They won't put up with a shitty game that has technical flaws to boot. Which in general, just translates to people not liking shitty games. "Fallout 76" at it's core is shitty. Same with "Anthem". "KC: Deliverance" on the other hand, is good.

It all just comes down to core design, and whether or not it can hook players. If they can't do that, it doesn't matter how polished it might be out of the gate. Gamers won't play it.

Anyways, patches ain't going anywhere. In fact, they will only get bigger and more frequent, as the newer technology will demand it.

What matters is the initial experience. If I turn on a game and it's shit, I probably won't go back to it. If all the reviewers and gamers experience a shit game at release, the review scores are going to reflect it. And poor review scores negatively impact how well the game does.

My problem isn't with patches. Every game I've bought this year has come with patches, regardless of quality. My issue is with bug-filled games lacking content at release that the devs plan to fix later aka the Bethesda model. I just don't see that working long term. The first impression is important.

Just wanted to bump this thread and say that, chances are just like TLoU2, Cyberpunk2077 will probably be delayed... again.

CdProjectRed's headquarters is in Warsaw Poland, and so far they have 612 cases with 12 deaths.

Hopefully their developers can work from home, but that has its own set of complications which leads to lack of productivity.

In an alternate reality Cyberpunk is coming out in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back