Dan Ige Changes Tune. Says he Doesn't See the Argument That he Lost, Targets Jeremy Stephens Next

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Paul Felder is sitting proud somewhere.

Ige says: "After watching the fight, I won the fight, I don’t even see the argument how I didn’t win. If you are a true analyst, I did more damage and won the second and third rounds.”
pjimage-65.jpg

“I didn’t really know I got dropped. I realized I was on the ground and he was landing bombs on me and I needed to defend myself properly,” Ige said to BJPENN.com. “It didn’t really hurt me but it flashed me where I ended up on the ground. Once I got up, I feel like I picked up the momentum and I lost the round but I picked up the momentum heading into the second.”

“I wanted to make a statement and fight the second round hard. I wanted to prove I could push the pace. I’ve watched the fight over 10 times and I think I won. I won four and a half minutes of the second round. He did hurt me, I didn’t go down but I was like ‘oh f**k’ it was a good shot. It hurt, went for a takedown, didn’t get it, so I pulled guard,” he explained. “I knew there wasn’t much time left so my coaches knew I did enough to win the second. After watching the fight, I won the fight, I don’t even see the argument how I didn’t win. If you are a true analyst, I did more damage and won the second and third rounds.”

“I think he could beat anyone at 145 except for me. That’s the funny thing, he’s been going around saying he won the fight” he said. “If he rematches me and loses again, he’s done which is why he hasn’t asked for it. I think he can be great at featherweight, there are some great matchups for him. He had his moments in the fight but I wanted it more.”

“I’m just looking at winning. I believe I can beat anyone in the top-15,” he said. “I’m looking at people in front of me, and honestly, I mapped out the whole division, and I just feel like everything is in my favor. I’m excited about the future. I think me vs. Stephens is a good fight so I can take out another legend.”

Lol dang, poor barboza has slid so far because of these judges and no one doing him a solid.

It’s not Iges job to make sure the scorecards are right though <Durant35>

Barboza made the same mistake 3 times in a row, he should learn to finish guys. Barboza's fault.

Dan Ige won officially, he move on unless the UFC won't him to rematch barboza.

Reactions: 2EZ
Barboza made the same mistake 3 times in a row, he should learn to finish guy. Barboza's fault.
Yeah, he should learn to finish. Great insight. Its not like he's one of the most prolific finishers in LW history, and it's not like it's hard to finish elite guys. Felder and Ige get finished every other fight right?

Yeah, he should learn to finish. Great insight. Its not like he's one of the most prolific finishers in LW history, and it's not like it's hard to finish elite guys. Felder and Ige get finished every other fight right?
well then he should retire, what do you want ? he lost, deal with it.

Ige need to think about his career, you only have one.

A guy who should have just lost I guess

Now that I think about it, Stephens needs a win badly and I think he can beat Iggy pretty easily. So I hope they give Iggy what he wants and put Jeremy back in the win column.

well then he should retire, what do you want ? he lost, deal with it.

Ige need to think about his career, you only have one.
Im not saying this to be disrespectful, but you are not making a coherent argument here.

First you say bad judging is Edson's fault for not knowing how to finish. It is not, it is a systematic problem that gets discussed every single card. The solution is better judging, not guys taking more risks to finish fights (potentially getting finished themselves) to compensate for incompetent judges of the sport.

If two basketball teams are playing and the refs consistently make bad calls causing teams to lose, you don't say "well why don't they just dominate so the refs are a non factor".

In baseball, if an ump can't call balls and strikes correctly, you don't say:
"Well just hit a home run every time and it won't matter".

There are such things as opinions, but those are incoherent and almost ridiculous points of view because everyone in professional sports is trying to dominate.

When people justify bad decisions or say "he lost, deal with it" its actually doing a disservice to the sport. You are siding with people who don't give a fuck enough to be decent at their job (how many fights has Sal D'amato fucked up now?) and would rather play candy crush and pick a random corner color. These judges are the biggest black eye on the sport and far worse than PED's ever were.

Got dropped like a sack of potatoes in the first, fought pretty evenly in the second before got hurt and turned into a panic wrestler. Won the third 10-9.

So, yeah, Barboza 29-28. Not a tough fight to score.

Im not saying this to be disrespectful, but you are not making a coherent argument here.

First you say bad judging is Edson's fault for not knowing how to finish. It is not, it is a systematic problem that gets discussed every single card. The solution is better judging, not guys taking more risks to finish fights (potentially getting finished themselves) to compensate for incompetent judges of the sport.

If two basketball teams are playing and the refs consistently make bad calls causing teams to lose, you don't say "well why don't they just dominate so the refs are a non factor".

In baseball, if an ump can't call balls and strikes correctly, you don't say:
"Well just hit a home run every time and it won't matter".

There are such things as opinions, but those are incoherent and almost ridiculous points of view because everyone in professional sports is trying to dominate.

When people justify bad decisions or say "he lost, deal with it" its actually doing a disservice to the sport. You are siding with people who don't give a fuck enough to be decent at their job (how many fights has Sal D'amato fucked up now?) and would rather play candy crush and pick a random corner color. These judges are the biggest black eye on the sport and far worse than PED's ever were.
I agree, I wasn't really serious.

We need more judges ( 5 would be good ), but imagine being Ige, what do you gain by fighting barbota again ? when you could fight a better ranked fighter, and get closer to a TS ( and also easier fight potentially ).

Barboza needs a win in his next fight. I think it is justified now to give him a tune up fight or something.

Bullshit but whatever. Not his fault...

My man Barboza getting his career sabotaged by incompetent judges...
In all honesty, it will probably be ok. His bosses think he's won two in a row, despite what the judges say. He should have won 3 of his last 4 with his only loss coming to Gaethje, no shame in that. A positive if you're a fan is that he actually looks pretty damn good.

The decision has sort of eclipsed the fact that people expected him to get smoked by the pressure fighter in Ige who is on a long win streak. Edson is handling these guys.

I agree, I wasn't really serious.

We need more judges ( 5 would be good ), but imagine being Ige, what do you gain by fighting barbota again ? when you could fight a better ranked fighter, and get closer to a TS ( and also easier fight potentially ).
I understand 100% from Ige's perspective. That said, him saying there isn't an argument he lost is silly. He initially wanted a rematch, and has now changed his tune, likely due to watching the fight and realizing he did lose.

It would be more honorable in my opinion if he said:

"that was a tough fight, it was close. It maybe could have gone either way but I won and am looking at high-ranked opponents now".

It's just comical that him and Felder take a stance of pretending they actually clearly won their fights. It is silly. I don't know if you remember but Felder even photoshopped the stats to make himself the clear dominator. He payed for it in his next fight. Karma.

In all honesty, it will probably be ok. His bosses think he's won two in a row, despite what the judges say. He should have won 3 of his last 4 with his only loss coming to Gaethje, no shame in that. A positive if you're a fan is that he actually looks pretty damn good.

The decision has sort of eclipsed the fact that people expected him to get smoked by the pressure fighter in Ige who is on a long win streak. Edson is handling these guys.
Yeah I heard Dana has his back. If he gets a backroom bonus good for him. I just want him to move up the rankings. As much as I enjoy seeing him beat up lower competition I really wanna see him against the likes of Kattar, Yair, and Zabit before he gets too old.

Yeah I heard Dana has his back. If he gets a backroom bonus good for him. I just want him to move up the rankings. As much as I enjoy seeing him beat up lower competition I really wanna see him against the likes of Kattar, Yair, and Zabit before he gets too old.
Him vs Yair would be insane. Not sure if he and Zabit would be down. They were close for years when Edson lived in Jersey.

Barboza gives away rounds and fights like Masvidal used to. He still beat Ige though. Ige knows it or he wouldn't be butthurt over everyone saying it.

Back