Media Dana White: 2-2 going into the 5th - Thought Strickland Won the 5th and the Fight

Very close fight that people really shouldn't be complaining about the decision.

Either guy arguably deserved the nod. I would need to rewatch the fight because it was that close and those middle rounds were hard to determine.
my main complaint is the golden rule,

"to be the champ, you gotta beat the champ"

when sean beat izzy, it was a judge decision and it was convincing.

DDP did not convincingly beat strickland.

in fact, round 4 was fairly even in strikes until the end, strickland landed the 1-2, probably one of the most effective strikes of the entire round by either fighter. The takedowns by ddp lead to a few pot shots by strickland, ddp did not land a single punch or knee from the takedowns or breakup of said takedowns. 1,4, 5 was strickland, even if 3 and 4 were tossups, you really dont lean to the challenger for the sake of it......

there's a good reason why the golden rule exists, so people dont call you a paper champ.

I am still shocked with DDP's chin and double lung capacity, the guy is an amazing MW, and I do look forward to seeing more of him. He is a gift for the JBG's <{JustBleed}>

my main complaint is the golden rule,

"to be the champ, you gotta beat the champ"

when sean beat izzy, it was a judge decision and it was convincing.

DDP did not convincingly beat strickland.

in fact, round 4 was fairly even in strikes until the end, strickland landed the 1-2, probably one of the most effective strikes of the entire round by either fighter. The takedowns by ddp lead to a few pot shots by strickland, ddp did not land a single punch or knee from the takedowns or breakup of said takedowns. 1,4, 5 was strickland, even if 3 and 4 were tossups, you really dont lean to the challenger for the sake of it......

there's a good reason why the golden rule exists, so people dont call you a paper champ.

I am still shocked with DDP's chin and double lung capacity, the guy is an amazing MW, and I do look forward to seeing more of him. He is a gift for the JBG's <{JustBleed}>
I don't think the champ deserves some extra criteria to lose a fight, that should be any different if they were the challenger.

If you did enough, even if it's just barely, you win. It just sounds like fights would be rigged if we used a different set of rules for the champion only.

I had it 3-2 Strickland but Im not upset it went the other way. It was a very close fight.

I don't think the champ deserves some extra criteria to lose a fight, that should be any different if they were the challenger.

If you did enough, even if it's just barely, you win. It just sounds like fights would be rigged if we used a different set of rules for the champion only.
when rounds are a tossup, that's the way it should go. Like rounds 3 and 4, however if you rewatch those rounds, you'll see that strickland landed more and got hit even less than strike numbers, and I'm certain that strikes landed on strickland's shoulders count as landed, because without those, not sure how DDP's numbers would be even close to strickland's numbers.

Reactions: MMA
when rounds are a tossup, that's the way it should go. Like rounds 3 and 4, however if you rewatch those rounds, you'll see that strickland landed more and got hit even less than strike numbers, and I'm certain that strikes landed on strickland's shoulders count as landed, because without those, not sure how DDP's numbers would be even close to strickland's numbers.
I don't agree but that's fine.

I think all fights should be judged the same and equally for both fighters.

Back