Dana White Contender Series - Season 4

I have heard Cody Durden (10-2) 135'er and Matt Dixon (9-0) both could end up on this season.

I have heard Cody Durden (10-2) 135'er and Matt Dixon (9-0) both could end up on this season.

I wasn't overly impressed with Dixon in his last LFA fight, but he has a stellar record so he's probably better than he looked there.

Both of these would be good additions, how confident would you say you are in the source of information?

Anyone think we might see a few of the lesser-known PFL guys turn up on this out of desperation? PFL have basically laid off the majority of their roster.

Both of these would be good additions, how confident would you say you are in the source of information?

Anyone think we might see a few of the lesser-known PFL guys turn up on this out of desperation? PFL have basically laid off the majority of their roster.

Depends, they usually don't invite people coming off losses. Maybe Alex Gilpin could get an invite back as he's done really well against anyone not called Lance Palmer.

Depends, they usually don't invite people coming off losses. Maybe Alex Gilpin could get an invite back as he's done really well against anyone not called Lance Palmer.

Yeah that's a good point. Someone like Gilpin might be desperate to get back onto a big stage instead of going back to a regional promotion in the latter part of the year.

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to get scrapped. It's about 6 weeks until the first scheduled card, and so far there's literally one fight announced for 10 episodes. I think they'll probably ditch this for 2020 and bring it back next year, the focus now is solely on getting the regular UFC cards up and running again.

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to get scrapped. It's about 6 weeks until the first scheduled card, and so far there's literally one fight announced for 10 episodes. I think they'll probably ditch this for 2020 and bring it back next year, the focus now is solely on getting the regular UFC cards up and running again.

Dana said the other day they were still doing it.

Though I don't know how much sense it makes as they're probably not releasing many at the moment so will there be room on the roster?

If there is one thing to be learned from Fight Island and UFC 249. It’s that Dana will do whatever takes to put on shows. One way or another, the contender series is happening.

Hilarie Rose hinting that she is fighting in the contender series?

Also Adrian Yanez is signed to fight in the Contender series

Hilarie Rose hinting that she is fighting in the contender series?

Also Adrian Yanez is signed to fight in the Contender series

Her against Jasmine Jasudavicius could be a good fight to make imo

Added both, cheers man. Looks like this might be a goer after all then.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, boys.

I'm deleting the thread in the morning. The only confirmed fight, for June 23rd, has been cancelled because Brandon Royval has been signed off the bat to fight Tim Elliott on the May 30th card.

Also, 50%+ of the rumoured/confirmed fighters are from overseas, and cannot enter the country at the moment.

I think we can safely say, DWCS Season 4 has been cancelled. I'm giving it 24hrs because I didn't wanna just delete the thread with no explanation and the few who have contributed can see the reasoning behind it.

It's a shame really but to be honest, I think we will be getting FN cards every Saturday for the rest of the year, give or a take a week or two in between some with the exception of PPVs as well.

I'm deleting the thread in the morning. The only confirmed fight, for June 23rd, has been cancelled because Brandon Royval has been signed off the bat to fight Tim Elliott on the May 30th card.

Also, 50%+ of the rumoured/confirmed fighters are from overseas, and cannot enter the country at the moment.

I think we can safely say, DWCS Season 4 has been cancelled. I'm giving it 24hrs because I didn't wanna just delete the thread with no explanation and the few who have contributed can see the reasoning behind it.

What makes you think they won't do the Contender Series on Fight Island?

I still think it's on dude. It might be delayed, but they're throwing stuff together extremely quickly at the moment. Contender Series will be considered once they have the next few cards booked out and probably the first couple of Fight Island cards booked.

Hell they might do it where it's in the Apex one week and then on Fight Island the next. Why not?

What makes you think they won't do the Contender Series on Fight Island?

Gun to head, I don't think Fight Island happens. I don't think there's a need for it. By July, I reckon flights will be coming in and out of the USA again a lot more frequently and they can just wait for then to have the guys fight on regular cards.

I still think it's on dude. It might be delayed, but they're throwing stuff together extremely quickly at the moment. Contender Series will be considered once they have the next few cards booked out and probably the first couple of Fight Island cards booked.

Hell they might do it where it's in the Apex one week and then on Fight Island the next. Why not?

Hopefully. I might lay off on deleting the thread for a few weeks, maybe mid-June or something I'll see whats happening haha.

Thanks man, both added.

Ashimov is the latest Kazakh the UFC have sniffed around then - seems a pretty big flyweight at 5ft 7in.

At 20-0, you'd immediately suspect 'can-crusher' for Khusein Askhabov but that doesn't seem to be the case. Having had a look at the bantamweight's record, he's beaten some respectable competition so could well be one to keep tabs on.

Good to see an international flavour added to the DWCS again.
Sorry dude but isn't Askhabov brothers represent Luxembourg, not Netherlands?

Back