Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series (6 thru 8)

DXCSS.PNG

Tapology public picks.

Still not sure on the Jamie Alvarez vs Marin day and Karl Reed vs Cameron Olson fights.

Barely any tape on Jamie. You just see him getting subbed by Canido and Ko'd by another guy. He's trained at ATT and Tiger Muay Thai before so that's a positive. Anyone know if he ever grapples?
Martin Day's striking is pretty good. Has real flashy kicks and is gonna be big at 125lbs supposedly 5'10. He has never fought flyweight according to tapology. He trains with Max Holloway, I believe. His ground game looks bad. In his loss he got ko'd in his own guard. Anthony Torres is 0-6 and Torres took him down a couple times and let him up for some reason.
Will have to look at odds to get a lean. I might just take the underdog and the under if juicy since they're 125ers.

Karl Reed is supposed to be a black Stephen Thompson. I believe he trains under Stephen's dad. I can't find his pro fights but didn't look hard.
His wrestling looks okay in his amateur fights but who knows what level wrestlers he's faced. He'll likely have the size, weight, height, strength advantage, and much better athleticism but he's 2-0 with his opponent's records being a combined 2-6.
Cameron Olson has 8 more pro fights than Karl. He seems to be a gritty grinder wanting to pressure you against the cage, take you down, and beat you up on the mat.
If I was betting him, i'd be a little scared 1-0 Julius Anglickas beat the shit out of him for a whole round and a half before gassing and getting taken down multiple times and submitted with a lousy head and arm triangle. This was just a year ago.
His losses are to current UFC fighter Khalil Rountree by decision, current Bellator fighter Jordan Young(7-0) by decision, and now current UFC fighter, thanks to DWCS, Julian Marquez by KO.
Odds will probably dictate the play as well but I will be looking at the over if it's 1.5 rounds.

Anyone have any ideas on these two fights?

I have a pick I am confident in just waiting for those lines to drop. And those Tapology picks are not good to go off on, last week they had Sims at like %80 winning, I laughed. Also had Solomon who was a big underdog in Week 2 I believe as only a %19 chance of winning, so don't go off those.

I have a pick I am confident in just waiting for those lines to drop. And those Tapology picks are not good to go off on, last week they had Sims at like %80 winning, I laughed. Also had Solomon who was a big underdog in Week 2 I believe as only a %19 chance of winning, so don't go off those.

dm me dawg i wonder if we're on the same person.

if you bet on diaz/dawson you have some big balls.

diaz is more well rounded and the better striker, but is slow and unathletic and very sloppy defencively. dawson is the better wrestler but grotesquely non well rounded. should be a terrible fight, i wonder if someone is going to be a big underdog?

Not saying it's right but it gives a feel on public perception. Sometimes perception is reality when betting odds come out like who is the favorite or not.

Take UFC 214 for example.
The majority of favorites had the larger number of public picks besides Brian Ortega and maybe Lamas but that was a pick em.

I know everyone is staying quiet on the (probably) huge favorite on the card.

if you bet on diaz/dawson you have some big balls.

diaz is more well rounded and the better striker, but is slow and unathletic and very sloppy defencively. dawson is the better wrestler but grotesquely non well rounded. should be a terrible fight, i wonder if someone is going to be a big underdog?
Well it's not that fight lol

To be fair Sims seemed like a good pick. Should've easily been the better striker and held himself with a lot of confidence, no one thought he'd just straight up give up.

To be fair Sims seemed like a good pick. Should've easily been the better striker and held himself with a lot of confidence, no one thought he'd just straight up give up.
I guess you and a lot of others didn't see his kickboxing match where he looked like shit and got dropped twice and finished in under 3 mins? Most just read he was a kickboxer and training out of ATT and thought he was the right pick, and people here like to tail too much and not do homework themselves.

Unless you guys are really confident about Masters-Colleen idk what the lock is here. And either of those 2 could finish the other early in that fight. I'm not seeing reason for a strong lean anywhere.

I guess you and a lot of others didn't see his kickboxing match where he looked like shit and got dropped twice and finished in under 3 mins? Most just read he was a kickboxer and training out of ATT and thought he was the right pick, and people here like to tail too much and not do homework themselves.

Yeah, but Graves' striking looks terrible

Karl Reed training with good teams

View attachment 262413

Tapology public picks.

Still not sure on the Jamie Alvarez vs Marin day and Karl Reed vs Cameron Olson fights.

Barely any tape on Jamie. You just see him getting subbed by Canido and Ko'd by another guy. He's trained at ATT and Tiger Muay Thai before so that's a positive. Anyone know if he ever grapples?
Martin Day's striking is pretty good. Has real flashy kicks and is gonna be big at 125lbs supposedly 5'10. He has never fought flyweight according to tapology. He trains with Max Holloway, I believe. His ground game looks bad. In his loss he got ko'd in his own guard. Anthony Torres is 0-6 and Torres took him down a couple times and let him up for some reason.
Will have to look at odds to get a lean. I might just take the underdog and the under if juicy since they're 125ers.

Karl Reed is supposed to be a black Stephen Thompson. I believe he trains under Stephen's dad. I can't find his pro fights but didn't look hard.
His wrestling looks okay in his amateur fights but who knows what level wrestlers he's faced. He'll likely have the size, weight, height, strength advantage, and much better athleticism but he's 2-0 with his opponent's records being a combined 2-6.
Cameron Olson has 8 more pro fights than Karl. He seems to be a gritty grinder wanting to pressure you against the cage, take you down, and beat you up on the mat.
If I was betting him, i'd be a little scared 1-0 Julius Anglickas beat the shit out of him for a whole round and a half before gassing and getting taken down multiple times and submitted with a lousy head and arm triangle. This was just a year ago.
His losses are to current UFC fighter Khalil Rountree by decision, current Bellator fighter Jordan Young(7-0) by decision, and now current UFC fighter, thanks to DWCS, Julian Marquez by KO.
Odds will probably dictate the play as well but I will be looking at the over if it's 1.5 rounds.

Anyone have any ideas on these two fights?

Reed is actually a wrestler

"Reed wrestled for NCAA Division II member Newberry College in the 197-pound weight class. As a member of the Wolves, Reed helped lead the team to five straight Super Region 1 team titles and five consecutive national top-8 rankings. "

"He was named team captain during his senior campaign in 2012 and was ranked eighth in the Division II preseason poll the same year. His 2011 season would prove to be the highlight of his collegiate career as he earned a national qualification after finishing runner-up in Super Region 1."

he is also coaching wrestling now (several all americans) and he was brought in to help Thompson when he had to fight Woodley

Reed is actually a wrestler

"Reed wrestled for NCAA Division II member Newberry College in the 197-pound weight class. As a member of the Wolves, Reed helped lead the team to five straight Super Region 1 team titles and five consecutive national top-8 rankings. "

"He was named team captain during his senior campaign in 2012 and was ranked eighth in the Division II preseason poll the same year. His 2011 season would prove to be the highlight of his collegiate career as he earned a national qualification after finishing runner-up in Super Region 1."

he is also coaching wrestling now (several all americans) and he was brought in to help Thompson when he had to fight Woodley

Thanks for that info. Makes more sense that he grappled the hell out of that hawaiian guy.

Alvarez still at ATT and he has been there since he started his instagram so at least 5 years

Martin Day also training with some killers during this year

*Amateur Hawaii Kickboxing title at 145, amateur Hawaii MMA title at 135.
*Destiny Promotions 135-pound kickboxing title
*4th Degree Taekwondo black belt

Cameron Olson trains at Roufus

20686741_110571099616863_6206627771678982144_n.jpg

Purple belt in BJJ

1st Place White belt heavy Chicago Spring Open 2014
3rd Place Blue belt super heavy Chicago Spring Open 2016

he also did some wrestling in high school

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=921

Grant Dawson trains at Glory MMA seems like Krause has been some sort of mentor to him and he worked with him alot in the past

Blue belt in jiu-jitsu

wrestled in HS and went straight into mma when he finished HS

"In high school Grant wrestled at 160 pounds and during his senior season rang up a record of 40-8 and placed sixth in his weight bracket in Class C.2"

seems like a confident kid:

(2016) "With Rafael dos Anjos injured, undefeated lightweight Grant Dawson willing to fight Conor McGregor on six hours' notice"

https://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/23/...cgregor-six-hours-notice-rafael-dos-anjos-mma

Adrian Diaz trains at Alpha male

wrestled in HS not sure about his record and what his BJJ belt is?

Grant looks alot bigger then Diaz not sure about the height though tapology says Grant is 5'6 while ufc have him listed at 5'10 Diaz is 5'10

vs

So Unibet doesnt have lines this week either. I'm guessing people went too much in the plus so they just stopped offering them.

Back