1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series- Season 2

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by JimGunn, May 13, 2018.

1. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

Holland is going to murder Santiago y'all are giving your money away

2. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

My #'s say Holland is 92% to win and 78% to finish. And that doesn't even account for 10.5" reach advantage, younger, and more athletic.

Not sure how Santiago has a chance. It seems like his reason for existing is to make Holland look good so he can make the UFC.

3. Naught2Sixty Red Belt

Damn dawg you cap Holland -1100? You must have unloaded when he dropped to -350 lol.

4. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

To be clear that's not where I cap him, that's what my stat model says. I often disagree with my stat model after subjective assement, but in this case I believe it is accurate.

I don't have 5dimes so I don't bet openers. Will probably bet him small at -650 or whatever because I just don't see him losing to such an inferior talent.

I guess there is some chance that he gets caught, but Holland hasn't been KO'd and he has fought against real UFC talents like Neal + Millender. Seeing that Santiago needs to get inside 11" reach disadvantage to land the power blow...just seems incredibly unlikely.

5. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

Confidence increase Santiago:

6. Naught2Sixty Red Belt

Ah I see. I'm not betting this event just spectating. Was just curious why you thought that. I bid you adieu.

7. null Gold Belt

I made some risky bets lately so maybe I don't have room to talk since I lucked into those split decision wins, but -650 for a DWTNCS fighter seems really steep with the way fighters tend to go for it to impress Dana on these cards.

8. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

So you think Holland may make a dumb mistake?

It's possible. Santiago has power and could sleep him. But the talent disparity is just sooooooooo so so so extreme. Holland could be a future UFC contender and I don't think Santiago is fave vs anybody on the roster now that CM Punk + Jackson are dunzo.

9. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

Am I the only one who thinks Hardy looks way more natural at fighting + fluid at throwing strikes than Lane?

10. Karmello Purple Belt

So I guess we aren't even getting overs for this one :mad:. I looked back on BFO and for all the other DWTNCS's were props.

11. Larthus Orange Belt

hardy was an all-pro in the NFL and a damn good pass rusher, lane on the other hand played under 15 games I believe.

what do good pass rushers have in common? elite speed, endurance, and most of them train hand combat to know exactly where to strike an opposing lineman. Hardy ran also ran 7.13 in the 3 cone drill which is a good indicator of body control & overall athleticism

On paper, Hardy is the better athlete. Not sure if he is the better MMA fighter, though. Bovada doesn't have a line for this so i'm not betting personally.

12. null Gold Belt

There's still time for them to release over/unders this afternoon. Although I would not be surprised if they didn't since those unders probably cost them a bundle last season.

13. Larthus Orange Belt

additionally, Hardy inked a massive deal w/ the Cowboys during his time in the NFL + was franchise tagged by the panthers during his stint there.

14. null Gold Belt

Santiago has won six out of his last seven fights by KO or TKO and in the one he lost he got knocked out himself. I'm saying that at least Santiago will go for the KO, even if it ends badly for him. Have to take an opponent like that seriously and not underestimate him.

15. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

I feel you. I just don't see how he gets inside the massive reach advantage to land a power shot against a guy who has never been KO'd. I also don't see how he can take a punch from Holland, as his chin looked really bad in the Curtis KO.

16. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Almost all of Santiago's wins have been against guys 6 foot +. Holland is definitely rangy, but it's not like Santiago isn't used to fighting guys taller than him with a longer reach.

17. Lightbringer Yellow Belt

I feel like betting every underdog tonight will make you profitable. Haven't made any plays yet but some of these lines are hilarious.

18. lifeisgood12345 Purple Belt

Nobody he has beat even sniffs Holland's talent level

19. Omni1 Purple Belt

Time for a new model.

20. lilbloaty Banned Banned

Imagine even wasting one second of your time on a model for MMA betting <Varys01><{yahyou}>