Dark Side of the Ring - Nick Gage

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I really love the Dark Side of the Ring series, they do such a great job (unlike A&E and their garbage, WWE-biased bios).

But this one was a little hard to watch. The subject - Nick Gage - is a borderline retarded guy from New Jersey who likes to jump on light tubes and take liberties with opponents with weapons, such as a pizza cutter. He just comes off like a dumb goon.

Moxley is interviewed in it and he rides this Nick Gage guy's dick pretty hard. Says that Vince McMahon would kill to have a guy like Nick Gage in WWE - LMAO! Says he has a connection with the audience like no one else, but in the documentary it just shows him killing himself in front of 30-50 rednecks who just came to see a bunch of blood.

I never paid much attention to garbage CZW-style promotions, other than laughing at the occasional clip of one of these idiots almost killing themselves, but it really is sad. Mutilating themselves for no money in front of 50 people to prove how "tough" they are.

It just reminds me of being in kindergarten where there was always a kid who would snort the glue or eat dog shit for attention. It seems like all those kids from around the world grew up to be death match wrestlers and Sherdog posters.

I feel like I have heard this before.

Watched the documentary and it was not that good. I agree

Of course You're crying about something being too violent. Such a sissy dude

Gage is clearly suffering from full lakersfrankrexfootrexfalsefootpeterexwarriorexyoungbucks.

My biggest takeaways from this episode were number 1...Moxley is an even bigger dipshit than I thought. Guy is a fucking moron...I wish he would have tried to pull some death match pizza cutter bullshit on Brock so we could have watched him die live on ppv. Number 2...David Arquette is kinda retarded...I mean shoot retarded. Kind felt bad for hating on him during the WCW days...the dude barely seems more coherent than that derp guy whose name I can't be bothered to remember that jumps on microwaves. Last and not least number 3...outlaw mudshows fans are pathetic. How messed up in the head to you got to be to hold Nick Gage up as a hero? Fucking hell.

<{hughesimpress}>

It was a decent episode about someone I never heard of. When he was bleeding out he only cared about finishing the match. Dude is insane when it comes to dealing with pain.

Yeah and the pizza slicer was brutal. Can't believe Mox allowed it.

Gage is clearly suffering from full lakersfrankrexfootrexfalsefootpeterexwarriorexyoungbucks.

My biggest takeaways from this episode were number 1...Moxley is an even bigger dipshit than I thought. Guy is a fucking moron...I wish he would have tried to pull some death match pizza cutter bullshit on Brock so we could have watched him die live on ppv. Number 2...David Arquette is kinda retarded...I mean shoot retarded. Kind felt bad for hating on him during the WCW days...the dude barely seems more coherent than that derp guy whose name I can't be bothered to remember that jumps on microwaves. Last and not least number 3...outlaw mudshows fans are pathetic. How messed up in the head to you got to be to hold Nick Gage up as a hero? Fucking hell.

<{hughesimpress}>
Who tries to have a death match and then says "dont cut me"

Then he doesnt even sell the finish. He's an even bigger idiot than Gage is.

I mean...

I grew up with ECW but I would occasionally watch death match stuff in japan in my late teens... I try not to hate on the guys who make a living doing that shit,but.. it cant be worth it in the end. Imagine watching a whole show of nothing but that..probably a quarter of the way through i'd imagine the appeal loses steam real quickly...at least for most people.

At least some (very few) of the guys doing that actually take care of their bodies and go to the gym,at least takin a (somewhat) realistic view of this so that they can heal up and dont let this shit kill them.

Back