Dark Souls III v4: Vengeance, sweet sweet vengeance

Rematch with Gundyr.

What's this place supposed to be? An alternate reality version of Firelink?

It's firelink after the first flame burns out and the darkness is all that's left I believe.

It's firelink after the first flame burns out and the darkness is all that's left I believe.
I was reading some lore theories about it and most things point to the area being in the past. There are a couple of things that would suggest it's the future like opened chests and items being left in place of NPCs. There's also the presence of the firekeeper eyes that could create a vision or illusion of darkness.

I'm not sure what to think myself. Could be the real firelink and the one we know is an illusion or alternate reality/dimension.

I was reading some lore theories about it and most things point to the area being in the past. There are a couple of things that would suggest it's the future like opened chests and items being left in place of NPCs. There's also the presence of the firekeeper eyes that could create a vision or illusion of darkness.

I'm not sure what to think myself. Could be the real firelink and the one we know is an illusion or alternate reality/dimension.

I would have assumed it was the future or an alternate reality, i remember reading that Gundyr was supposed to be the one to link the flame but he was too late and that version of Firelink is the result of it.

had a little dabble and beat vordt having had a few goes at him on ps4...gonna put it down again though until i can commit, next on my list

thought about demon's souls but the lack of bonfires sounds like rage fuel lol

In my absolute supreme intelligence i hadn't noticed that the ring i had swapped out had put me over the weight limit slowing me and messing up my dodges. It was only after a few attempts that i noticed i was fat rolling and was therefore fucked. Luckily, i got a stun on him and used the time to remove my shield and score the KTFO.

One more to go.

In my absolute supreme intelligence i hadn't noticed that the ring i had swapped out had put me over the weight limit slowing me and messing up my dodges. It was only after a few attempts that i noticed i was fat rolling and was therefore fucked. Luckily, i got a stun on him and used the time to remove my shield and score the KTFO.

One more to go.

Haha you got the ring changed just in time, then did a bunch of rolls of freedom after, I can feel your relief!

Eventually. Gonna wait for it to go on sale. I bought DS3 not long after it came out and then shelved it for however many years because i was shit, so i've only got the base game.

I've got an incomplete game of Sekiro that i can return to and i've also got Bloodborne downloaded as part of the PS+ thing. Demon Souls has now become very appealing as well but i'd have to rent my ass to afford it.

I'll definitely try and fully complete the DS3 story, though.

Eventually. Gonna wait for it to go on sale. I bought DS3 not long after it came out and then shelved it for however many years because i was shit, so i've only got the base game.

I've got an incomplete game of Sekiro that i can return to and i've also got Bloodborne downloaded as part of the PS+ thing. Demon Souls has now become very appealing as well but i'd have to rent my ass to afford it.

I'll definitely try and fully complete the DS3 story, though.

The DLCs are amazing, even for the soundtracks alone.

The DLCs are amazing, even for the soundtracks alone.
The music for this game is something else.

I'm enamoured with the Two Princes music. It's awesome for one and it fits perfectly the somber story of the Princes and the almost unholy act of regicide that the Ashen One must commit.

The music for this game is something else.

I'm enamoured with the Two Princes music. It's awesome for one and it fits perfectly the somber story of the Princes and the almost unholy act of regicide that the Ashen One must commit.

I was going to say I love the soundtrack for this game. Usually I’ll turn down a game’s music a bit, but not this game. It makes the fights feel even more epic.

I've got the DLC and started out with Ashes Of Ariandel. The first bit with the million wolves and angry trees could rival the Farron Swamp for "shittiest area" in the game.
Find a boss yet?

Find a boss yet?
Yeah, the wolf and the gravetender. They weren't much trouble. The camera was my worst enemy in that fight.

Proceeded to the Corvian village and fought some of the Corvian knights. The rapier ones aren't too bad but the claw ones are almost impossible to evade completely.

Grabbed a bonfire after meeting that girl on the table and will carry on tomorrow.

Keep getting sidetracked but i was last fighting all these repeated resurrecting skeletons in these dungeons. Think i found the next boss...or not, i forget. I know i killed the skeleton with the bracelets.

Yeah, the wolf and the gravetender. They weren't much trouble. The camera was my worst enemy in that fight.

Proceeded to the Corvian village and fought some of the Corvian knights. The rapier ones aren't too bad but the claw ones are almost impossible to evade completely.

Grabbed a bonfire after meeting that girl on the table and will carry on tomorrow.
Nice. The next area is a royal pia.

Nice. The next area is a royal pia.
Yeah, it was a pile of shit. Asshole firebreathers, javelin throwers, wolves, cunt vikings. I quite liked the catacombs under the cathedral even though it was pretty vile with those flies everywhere but that's the only part of the DLC i've enjoyed. Everything else has been an irritation. Glad i'm close to the end.

Boss fight is all that's left.

Yeah, it was a pile of shit. Asshole firebreathers, javelin throwers, wolves, cunt vikings. I quite liked the catacombs under the cathedral even though it was pretty vile with those flies everywhere but that's the only part of the DLC i've enjoyed. Everything else has been an irritation. Glad i'm close to the end.

Boss fight is all that's left.

The boss fight is epic, one of my favourites in all the souls games.

Absolute carnage this fight was. More than makes up for an over all shitty DLC. I wasn't expecting it to be such a long fight and i only have shadowplay capture set for 10 minutes.

I was definitely a very slow learner in this fight despite having a great first attempt where i would've had her in 2 more hits. Gonna rest for a while and head for the Ringed City tomorrow.

Back