Datsusara MMA Battlepack 1 (BP-1)

BP-02 Pre-orders and a video tour up at...

Datsusara MMA BP-02

thanks for your support and input here guys!

excellent video.
the product looks outstanding!

A few questions:
-is there any sort of frame or hard structure within the bag to help retain its shape?
-will the price go up considerably after pre-orders?
-what is the name of the manufacturer?

thank you.

Damn, there's nothing wrong with my BP-01 or my PGB-03 to justify me getting the next model. Very cool video; does a better job than just pics. A great way to get more sales is to talk like Rener. He could sell the fur off a dog. If I could think of some reason to get this one...

Great video Chris, I look forward to this new product information format for your future products.

I'm with Bolo, its tough to justify the buy when we already have an previous Datsusara bag. I already have a PGB-02 but it would be nice to have a compartmentalized backpack on my lighter days where a duffel would be overkill for a nogi or muay thai training day.

Chris, several weeks back you mentioned a possible price cut for owners of previous bag models that wanted to upgrade (ie: PGB-02 to a PGB-03) or indulge in a crossover purchase (ie: PGB-02 to a BP-02). Is this deal still in the works because I feel like several sherdoggers fall into this category. I for one would love to support your brand in the future by buying your new products but your bags are tough as nails and its difficult to justify an upgrade. If you could establish some sort of loyalty discount for past customers, I feel that would be most appreciated by your DSMMA fans and help alleviate the cost of buying more than one bag.

Last edited:
excellent video.
the product looks outstanding!

A few questions:
-is there any sort of frame or hard structure within the bag to help retain its shape?
-will the price go up considerably after pre-orders?
-what is the name of the manufacturer?

thank you.

1. yes it has a hard backing that helps keep it's shape.
2. we are not sure about the price yet, that may stay the introductory price but we haven't had confirmation on total final costs from our manufacturer and last we checked these were much more expensive than the PGBs for us, so it may go up.
3. can't tell you that or someone like tapout will see it and crush my company with their massive purchase power heheh what i can tell you is they specialize in making military gear.

Arkitekt- i do want to do that program, we just haven't come to a consensus here on what would be a fair discount and if we should offer cross grades as well as upgrades. How much do you guys feel would be a fair incentive? Maybe $30 on upgrades and $20 on cross-grades?

thanks all for the feedback and input as always, i am listening.

Last edited:
major props for understated logos and not making customers your walking billboards.

major props for understated logos and not making customers your walking billboards.

thanks, i wanted to do one red logo somewhere because people actually complain when we don't have that but this version is going to be very low key. maybe if i can make the red on removable... hmmm

but i personally like the all black style.

Great video Chris, I look forward to this new product information format for your future products.

I'm with Bolo, its tough to justify the buy when we already have an previous Datsusara bag. I already have a PGB-02 but it would be nice to have a compartmentalized backpack on my lighter days where a duffel would be overkill for a nogi or muay thai training day.

Chris, several weeks back you mentioned a possible price cut for owners of previous bag models that wanted to upgrade (ie: PGB-02 to a PGB-03) or indulge in a crossover purchase (ie: PGB-02 to a BP-02). Is this deal still in the works because I feel like several sherdoggers fall into this category. I for one would love to support your brand in the future by buying your new products but your bags are tough as nails and its difficult to justify an upgrade. If you could establish some sort of loyalty discount for past customers, I feel that would be most appreciated by your DSMMA fans and help alleviate the cost of buying more than one bag.

so as of now we are going to enact that discount starting at the end of may or very early june. we are planning to offer $20 off for cross grades and $30 off for upgrades. we are working on the new website so we can implement this (plus the old site looks like the side of a Dr Bronners soap bottle).

You made me an offer I can't refuse. So, how does it work? I have both a BP and a PGB. Do I qualify for an upgrade?

so as of now we are going to enact that discount starting at the end of may or very early june. we are planning to offer $20 off for cross grades and $30 off for upgrades. we are working on the new website so we can implement this (plus the old site looks like the side of a Dr Bronners soap bottle).

Awesome Chris! It's so refreshing to have a company such as yours place a high value on customer loyalty. This will do wonders for your business, especially from me. Keep up the great work.

this bag looks awesome, thinking about getting a couple for me and my training partner. video on it looked great as well. will the pre-order ship earlier than May.

also this thing would be perfect for flights and travel. real stoked on seeing the final product.

thanks all for the kind words and support, we are glad to be part of the community and getting you guys good stuff.

the BP pre-orders will not ship before May but there is always a chance they will ship in early May rather then late, it's hard to predict with sea shipments.

glad you guys liked the video too, it wasn't super well composed but i think it help to understand the product better.

just sent out an email for cross grade options so check your inbox :)

also i want all to know the new site is up with great pictures of all the gear including the new Backpack

DATSUSARA MMA - Hemp Gear, Sportswear and Apparel
Do we get a cross grade discount if we purchased a refurb?

+ on your new website, when you click on the video tour for the battlepack -02 it's the pgb-03 video.

Do we get a cross grade discount if we purchased a refurb?

+ on your new website, when you click on the video tour for the battlepack -02 it's the pgb-03 video.

there is no discount on the refurbs as they are already discounted.

thanks for catching that error, fixed it, working on the pgb-03 vid link which is odd as well.

I just had to post this story from a guy that got one of our BP-02 prototypes just to give you guys an idea of how nice these are (plus i just broke myself ordering UFC 114 tix so we need the orders heheh, hope to see some of you at the Expo or the show that weekend)...

"Well, first report is great :) I'm abusing the backpack well beyond its intended use. I wanted to try it for a tough trip, and I just came home from using it up to 4750 feet and down to -13F in the mountains. It held up great the entire weekend, packed to the brink, no problems at all.

Actually, I noticed the waistband on the BP2 was way better than my friends' packs which were made to carry much more and supposedly top notch. And it carries much more than it seems to on the outside

Back