Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

Leduc has a built in cop out for not fighting any legit fighters. He'll insist on only fighting in Lethwei rules which none of the top guys will want to do, regardless of it making much of a difference. Kyshenko would still smash Leduc with headbutts allowed, he's just not stupid.

Some said they were interested in fighting him in Lethwei rules. For instance Yohan Lidon said he agreed to fight him after Leduc's camp approached him. Simon Marcus also called Leduc out in Lethwei rules but nothing happened.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...ds-to-callouts-from-simon-marcus-yohan-lidon/

The problem here he is no one to the other fighters and he is trying to set the rules on how its going to go. He can't draw numbers or bring the money to the table to make big fights because he isn't at that level. All the media is one thing but he isn't high in that regard either. So he cant dictate much in the fight so he pulls out.

In the WLC, and in Myanmar, he picked who and when and how much, so it was his set up--big fish in a small pool. But in the real world it's not going to happen. In terms of Thailand, none of the top promoters including Buakaw's managers want anything to do with him and Myanmar is military controlled so he is banned and blocked out of there as well, so he is left with nothing and his belts are not current and the organization he was with is we all assume by now defunct, so he is a former champion who only made less than 9-10K a fight at his top range and what name or semi name fighter wants to fight him because it brings them nothing outside of a paycheck ? And the paycheck for a Leduc fight is peanuts especially if he is calling for his own bare knuckle rules. But there are some like Marcus and Tyshenko who can and will it seems fight but nothing from Leduc--no response. I assume the promoters will get Marcus or Tyshenko the money for the fight to make it happen but at this point its just air until Leduc steps up or someone tries to make it happen.

When we talk of heresay and conjecture, one should to look to Leduc's posts both past and present to see where the lies and the contradictions come from. Nobody seems interested in tracking that oddly. If WLC was alive, Leduc would be promoting it big time. Zay the owner has moved on to other ventures and nobody in the WLC seems to have a job and hasn't been heard from in a long time not even any email updates. When Dave was being banned, they could have sent a message supporting him but they let the ban ride. Leduc was also ranting that WLC would be bought by a bare knuckle organization to revive it but nothing came out it. Easy to check that.

Check with Zay owner of WLC at his facebook account, Check with the HLF(Hellenic Lethwei federation)in Greece as to what was happening there, Check with Buakaw's managers if they were ever contacted about all the nonsense he was saying. When Leduc started the attacks against Buakaw the first time over a year ago, the managers or Buakaw didn't even hear or know anything. They called Leduc's rants "false news" as it was. This year same thing sending messages out about people being cowards when you don't contact the fighter or managers and bring something to the table- who is spreading conjecture and lies? Check all the posts with Leduc with Lambos against exotic backdrops with packs of money saying he made a million dollars, check with all that against facts. Just ask the other side for their opinion for once. Then you get the rounded picture. Everyone is just repeating what Leduc says like its proven truth.

EDIT: WLC last event was Sept 25, 2020. Leduc last fought for the WLC on August 2, 2019. I sent an email to the remaining email addresses left along with some to promoters, and people who worked with the WLC to see if anyone would get back to me. It could also be a matter that they are trying to sell it to a western organization as hinted at by Leduc so they want to show they are still viable and alive despite nothing posted online or on their site since January 2021 and no fight cards since September 25, 2020.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, but I have to ask again, can this be verified or is it hearsay? I havent seen an official recognition that WLC is dead, nor that Dave has been exile from Cyprus for social media posts and is now operating in Turkey. As for the Marcus and Kyshenko fights, were these Lethwei or MT fights?

Tbh the best case scenario for creating a fight that will actually happen is if Chatri publicly offers him Superbon or Phetmorakot. It will probably take ONE money to make him accept MT rules. Samy Sana would be another good match, they have the same lanky build and aggressive style.
Sana stops him in under one minute in any ruleset.

Wasnt Leduc vs Lidon scheduled but fell through?

I looked it up and seems like Lidon said it was scheduled but Leduc denied it but then said he accepts the challenge? Kinda a weird situation but this is another fight I think could actually happen if a promoter puts it on.

Dave Leduc responds to callouts from Simon Marcus, Yohan Lidon | BJPenn.com

Exactly. I believe Lidon more than Leduc. Lidon said Leduc's camp approached him but then they said it's not true. The fight was supposed to happen some time earlier this year.

It's okay he's got you guys covered - his newest instructional.

Striking for Alphas (only) <Moves>
Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.44.27 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.44.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.46.36 AM.png

Update to my previous post:

I sent out messages to everyone I knew who either had contact with or worked within WLC. I finally got one message back that WLC was on indefinite "hiatus" and that the last event was September 2020. Leduc's last fight for them was August 2019. Due to the military crisis I don't know when they will stage another event within Myanmar where they are based.

Leduc is now the "most dangerous vegan" in his newest comedy interview, "Vegan Fighting Champion". You can see him adjusting away from WLC in his propaganda and now simply claiming to be the Openweight champion but that is another problem. Openweight belt is a Myanmar tournament within Myanmar and encompasses tourneys like Golden Belt so he will not be able to fight that or defend that since he is banned there and its likely to last longer than 2 years since the military is aware of him now. Its horrifying how in all these videos and interviews not one person does research or present the other side of the equation.

As far as Greece, he went to Cyprus to set up a Lethwei organization and camp. The Greek people involved in setting up their own Lethwei organization complained. The letter banning Leduc from competing for two years which came from the Myanmar Lethwei Organization also included a clause that it withdrawn support for Leduc operating the Cyprus Lethwei organization and promoting any fights there(so he obviously approached an organization to do this which he said was old and out of date). He then left for Turkey to run his camp and I assume to run a Lethwei organization under his own banner.

It looks like Leduc taking another fight is not on his mind and he is just selling his own made up Lethwei, his fight camp and whatever else he can sell.

Feels like he is trying to make Lethwei the bullshido version of Muay Thai

Back