No Spoilers Days Gone (PS/PC)

Lol, it's gonna be on sale on psn for £40 not much of a sale but i'll still get it. The disc drive on my ps4 is on its last legs so i want to get it digital.
Fair shake. It's a long(er) journey so one gets his money's worth in the range of a quid per 2-3 hours, I'd ballpark. If gamer guilt sets in, go rather to the cinema and relativise thyself to where the better deal lies. :p

I've read reports that the discount will only drop the game to $40.

IMO, at $40 it's well worth the price. Game is hours and hours long, even if you don't do the side quest and explore.

Read the DLC was live along with the challenges. Looking forward to checking that out this weekend. I was thinking all of the rewards would be cosmetic, but read that the patches and what not would offer buffs like increased stamina regen, weapon durability, etc.

Fair shake. It's a long(er) journey so one gets his money's worth in the range of a quid per 2-3 hours, I'd ballpark. If gamer guilt sets in, go rather to the cinema and relativise thyself to where the better deal lies. :p

No guilt at all, defo want to play it, DMC can wait.

Patch 1.10
Survival Difficulty Mode

• Survival difficulty mode has been included in this latest patch

• This mode includes an immersive HUD

• Enemies will deal more damage

• Fast Travel has been blocked in this mode

• Survival Vision has been modified in this mode

• Complete Survival difficulty mode for a new bike decal

• Two new trophies have been added exclusive to this new difficulty mode

Progression Issues

• Fixed the issue where players didn’t have access to the rock item during certain missions

• Items that drop from Bounty jobs should now be acquirable after the target is taken out

• Players should not be blocked from completing certain Bounty jobs

• The mission cinematic for “There's Nothing You Can Do” will properly trigger

• Resolved the issue with the knife in the mission “Sherman's Camp Is Crawling”

General Fixes

• Added a tutorial pop-up screen for recovering your bike

• Audio improvements have been made for all the guns

• Adjusted the reticle to be more visible when shooting

• Fixed a player respawn issue in Old Farewell

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements

Our current plan for our team is to slow down the amount of patches we release but to add more fixes, features, and optimizations with each patch.

We will continue to review your feedback in the comment section, and please submit any bugs you encounter in this thread.

We can’t wait to see all the great photo-mode screenshots and clips made within Survival Difficulty Mode! And be on the lookout for more details on the upcoming free DLC challenge modes.

Anyone else going to give the game an other go on Survivor difficulty?

About done everything and just need to clear out the last few hordes. I think I'm sitting at like 5~6 left to clear. Some of the larger hoards were real pains in the ass, and not even difficult to clear, but a few freaks on the leading edge would get pushed out of range as I attacked the rear and retreated. I'd end up having the bar depleted but there would be a few stragglers that I would have to go and hunt down.

I was low on resources and didn't want to go farming to make more throwables and wanted to try a horde with the few things I had on me. I found I could take out the smaller hordes in the northern part of the map it was easier to just throw an Attractor and lighting them up with machine guns. They stay on the Attractor until it goes out and I could just about take out the whole damn thing with just a single Attractor. Would drain my primary then swap to my special machine gun and click on focus just as the Attractor was running out. By the time the focus dropped most of the horde is dead and you just need to clean up the stragglers.

Just started this, playing it alongside Hollow Knight, did a few main missions and cleared out a few infestations, i really like it so far, plays like The Last Of Us imo.

It's pretty cool having the added worry of consuming fuel, makes for some desperate situations, made some small upgrades to the bike.

You can check the time by hitting the center pad and top right corner is the time. I've used it many a time to plan out my activities. If it's approaching 4, I start slowing my role and looking for shelter around, or return back to camps. Well this was before I got some major firepower and was a pu$$y.
I actually just saw the time a couple days ago lol. Cant believe I didnt notice it until now.

I actually just saw the time a couple days ago lol. Cant believe I didnt notice it until now.
Same, lol. Right corner at map overview. Derp. There's a fogging effect over some information on the page so I suspect my eyes took a while to glean everything from it – perhaps the case for you, too.

Finally started playing this... and I'm not really feeling this game that much, i get the survival aspect of it, and the crafting, but i think the controls, interface and a few other things should have been made easier to navigate.

Not sure if it's a bug or something, but when i try to get headshots the enemies are still alive. I headshot this dude 3 times about 5ft away because he wasn't aware i was that close.

Probably gonna shelve it and maybe pick it up later.

Finally started playing this... and I'm not really feeling this game that much, i get the survival aspect of it, and the crafting, but i think the controls, interface and a few other things should have been made easier to navigate.

Not sure if it's a bug or something, but when i try to get headshots the enemies are still alive. I headshot this dude 3 times about 5ft away because he wasn't aware i was that close.

Probably gonna shelve it and maybe pick it up later.
The early weapons have an output of toothpicks so things need get going first but the multiple headshots on human AI sounds off. Sorry to hear, dude.

Thinking about picking this up with a discount. It didn't appeal to me at first, but it sounds quite interesting.

Just finished all storylines to 100% @Valhoven so I bought Resident Evil 2 and the last of us remastered (which I've beaten about 4 times already)

Have you played RE2?

Thinking about picking this up with a discount. It didn't appeal to me at first, but it sounds quite interesting.
Some stuff is a bit repetitive in it but overall one of my favorite games. Hope they put out another in the future.

Just finished all storylines to 100% @Valhoven so I bought Resident Evil 2 and the last of us remastered (which I've beaten about 4 times already)

Have you played RE2?
Only the very beginning, navigating and fighting my way through RPD to hit streetside. My man Jo loves it but other titles interest me more right now so I keep looking elsewhere when it's time to choose. I'm about 30 hours into The Surge right now and having a lot of fun so want to see it through. One journey at a time.

Congrats on 100'ing DG. I loved it; really glad to hear you thought the same. I thought the riding physics were spot on; there aren't many games where I'd rather travel by in-world means than fast-travel – DG was one. And the way O'Brian's storyline ends is plainly awesome.

You ever best TLoU on grounded in any of your four runs? I remember getting fed up dealing with clickers even attempting survivor, ha.

Only the very beginning, navigating and fighting my way through RPD to hit streetside. My man Jo loves it but other titles interest me more right now so I keep looking elsewhere when it's time to choose. I'm about 30 hours into The Surge right now and having a lot of fun so want to see it through. One journey at a time.

Congrats on 100'ing DG. I loved it; really glad to hear you thought the same. I thought the riding physics were spot on; there aren't many games where I'd rather travel by in-world means than fast-travel – DG was one. And the way O'Brian's storyline ends is plainly awesome.

You ever best TLoU on grounded in any of your four runs? I remember getting fed up dealing with clickers even attempting survivor, ha.
I think I beat TLoU on hard the last time I played and it was just enough lol. Tried uncharted 1 on the hardest before and got lit the fuck up. The only times I fast travelled in DG was to nero camps to stock up on supplies here and there.
Never heard of the surge I'll have to check it out. May do a 5th run at TLoU though I loved that game and it's been a while.

Might take another go at DG on survival if they introduce NG+ in the future. I'm going to miss that game now that it's done lol. Now that I have no missions or anything else to do I dont see the point of driving around. Be cool if randomly you got calls to clear camps that would respawn and definitely hordes. I had a blast fighting them but with a fully upgraded deacon and the best weapons they went down to easy. Would like to see them respawn with 1000 at a time if the game could handle it without frame drops or freezing up.

I think I beat TLoU on hard the last time I played and it was just enough lol. Tried uncharted 1 on the hardest before and got lit the fuck up. The only times I fast travelled in DG was to nero camps to stock up on supplies here and there.
Never heard of the surge I'll have to check it out. May do a 5th run at TLoU though I loved that game and it's been a while.
Understood. Personally, more on-rail, narrative-driven titles aren't worth the investment to tackle the hardest of -core modes. Not to say I want them auto-piloted or even easy, point of my playing said games is quintessentially the story and comparable to book-reading. Titles with a gameplay- or combat-focus are, then, where I see the value in as much. Just how I approach it. Case in point, beating TLoU on survivor or grounded for me would yield a negative return on investment.

Tag me when you're ready to talk Surge. We've a thread on it but, buddy, awesome. Part deux comes out this September and looks even beastlier. Dismember. Destroy. Devise.

Would like to see them respawn with 1000 at a time if the game could handle it without frame drops or freezing up.
You've a masochistic soul, lol. Farming components to craft anti-horde devices would still be a task but that does sound pretty fun. I was afraid of the hordes for most of the game; as I got better, confronting them and trap-laying grew addictive. It's an adrenalin rush to leave the hunted, and turn hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back