No Spoilers Days Gone (PS/PC)

I used to fear the hordes, would tippy-toe around like a wuss afraid they'll pop out. Now with the military grade rifles I role up to their caves and unload while they sleep. I rarely use napalm cocktails. I actually find grenades very effective.

I hope sometime in the fall they'll offer a story DLC.

challenges should be fun, and i like how theyre adding skins like pre-apocalypse deacon, shirtless deacon etc.

i started up survival mode but let my brother borrow the game last week, so right now i cant put any time in

I used to fear the hordes, would tippy-toe around like a wuss afraid they'll pop out. Now with the military grade rifles I role up to their caves and unload while they sleep. I rarely use napalm cocktails. I actually find grenades very effective.

I hope sometime in the fall they'll offer a story DLC.

Im pretty much NOT close to that.

I found a horde in a bar, next to a gas tank. So id start off with an attractor, once they gathered, id throw a grenade. When the rest followed, id have them chase me to the tank and have a proximity mine (i just acquired the skill to make them) blow up the tank. It hardly made a dent.

Ive put in so many hours and im STILL at trust level one at Iron Mikes. Not complaining, but mother of god, i may as well skip farming for trust cuz that shit doesnt do shit and ive got the skillz to double up herbs and meat.

I have enjoyed taking out the nests but im never totally sure im done there. Id look at the maps and see how many are left in the Legend, but they dont mark the houses, so ive gotta assume those areas are clean. Now that im feeling im only getting my feet wet in the game, i fear theres just not a lot of nests in the game.

I found a horde in a bar, next to a gas tank. So id start off with an attractor, once they gathered, id throw a grenade. When the rest followed, id have them chase me to the tank and have a proximity mine (i just acquired the skill to make them) blow up the tank. It hardly made a dent.

Ive put in so many hours and im STILL at trust level one at Iron Mikes. Not complaining, but mother of god, i may as well skip farming for trust cuz that shit doesnt do shit and ive got the skillz to double up herbs and meat.

I have enjoyed taking out the nests but im never totally sure im done there. Id look at the maps and see how many are left in the Legend, but they dont mark the houses, so ive gotta assume those areas are clean. Now that im feeling im only getting my feet wet in the game, i fear theres just not a lot of nests in the game.
When you burn a nest it tells you how many are left in the area but not where they are until you find them.

you'll know the nests are all done when it says completed and the question symbol disappears. if its still there that means you left one or some. it wont tell you where it is, it wants you to explore and locate the nests on your own.

as for the trust level, hordes and quest missions. id recommend getting trust 3 with the 3 camps before you finish the game. not gonna spoil it

So those ? Marks that ripple on the map..those are nests? I always drive toward them but they disappear off the map before i see anything.

When i view the storylines i see the infestation extermination percentile and...its like at 62% or something. I look at the map and see NO red biohazards anywhere. I open up that extermination bracket and it lists areas. Doesnt give a percentage for each, doesnt say 9/10, etc.

But ill stop by an area, get gas, drive away, dickon saint John says "ill come back and burning out these nests." Ive gone back twice now, used a zoom in map, and all houses and their floors were done. Hardly any swarmers around too.

When i view the storylines i see the infestation extermination percentile and...its like at 62% or something. I look at the map and see NO red biohazards anywhere. I open up that extermination bracket and it lists areas. Doesnt give a percentage for each, doesnt say 9/10, etc.

But ill stop by an area, get gas, drive away, dickon saint John says "ill come back and burning out these nests." Ive gone back twice now, used a zoom in map, and all houses and their floors were done. Hardly any swarmers around too.
The speech prompt about nests w/ or w/out heave from stench is something Deacon will do even if all proximal nests have been eradicated, iirc. I likened it to an area still reeking but, yeah, it's inaccurate to take as any indication.

Your progression percentages are for game A-Z so depending on where you are in-story, you should have still nests to happen upon as things unfold, i.e., no red biohazard means you've done all exterminations available to you; on percentages per, when you enter an uncompleted area, in-corner (of play screen, not bracketed submenu) should populate a where-you-left-off reminder to the tune of 1/4 (3 left), 2/4 (2 left), 3/4 and on, or 0/4 if a maiden site.

I had a short-lived issue with this so I want to help you but it's hard without eyes-on for a complete picture; sometimes you really have to walk about for a bit and find the branch mass(es), even if you reckon you've gone too off-path. Early on, I remember there was one around Pioneer Cemetery that did my head in (couldn't discover squat) and that's where I'd learnt how the system works – the hard way, lol. Get bloodhound with it. I promise it works, dude; sounds like you need that a-ha moment. You'll get it.

Is there a nest in the locked church? Thats where he said hed "come back later to finish burning out" nests.

Is there a nest in the locked church? Thats where he said hed "come back later to finish burning out" nests.
No – but don't Google any church stuff or try and break in; the story in time will sort you out. The 'come back later' prompt there is for the thoroughfare you're on and surrounding town, iirc. Remember that infested can nest inside vehicles like lorries or ambulances if you're missing one still in the area.

There are nests in that little town/area, so that’s what deacon is referring to.

Boozer? Boozer?! Goddamn it Boozer, Boozeman!? dammit boozer where are you?! Boozer? Goddamn it Boozeman, booze booze boozey??

Boozer? Boozer?! Goddamn it Boozer, Boozeman!? dammit boozer where are you?! Boozer? Goddamn it Boozeman, booze booze boozey??
BOOOOZEMAN!

Once i'm home from work i think this will be the next game i get a platinum for, last one was Spiderman. I'm trying in Hollow Knight as well but i read up and one of the trophies sounds like it'll be near impossible for me to get.

Once i'm home from work i think this will be the next game i get a platinum for, last one was Spiderman. I'm trying in Hollow Knight as well but i read up and one of the trophies sounds like it'll be near impossible for me to get.
Always a frustration to see one or two trophies that trample any original appeal for having wanted to platinum a title in the first place. I never pearled beloved outings Sniper Elite 4 or Wolfenstein II for the very reason; some trophies were just ball-busting trite. I followed Gambit's lead and got the platinum for DG though; solid achievement list, IMO. Follow our skid marks, brother, into the maddening mists…

Started again on hard. After taking out hordes with ease last playthrough it's funny to have to run away from 5 or 6 lol.

after watching the entire f*cking thing walkthrough-ed on mute this is the game to buy a PS4 for

What did y'all think of the "secret" ending?

Back