DCEU vs MCU

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's get a debate going personally I think the DC movies take more chances and tell more interesting stories particularly with Man of Steel about a world coming to grips with Superman to Batman v Superman exploring the ramifications of the existence of superhero's and what it mean to the survival of the human race and personally I think their action scenes are way more epic with a real sense of weight and environmental destruction that is only glosssed over in the MCU plus cinematography and soundtracks way better in DCEU

Imagine if the DCEU used the Nolan verse as its launching pad in a hypothetical situation where Bale agreed to a 3 movie contract.

Pretend Nolan comes back to cowrite and oversee the creative process of the DCEU. while Snyder directs BatmanV Superman.

Then Nolan handpicks JJ Abrams to direct Justice League with Terrio and Nolan as cowriters.

It would shit on the TDK trilogy's legacy but for sure BvS and JL would have made a lot more $$.

I haven't seen any of the DECU movies as I don't really enjoy those characters. I see what you're saying about the DECU having more "real-world" type interactions, but it just feels silly to me to have those kinds of repercussions when superheros are involved. I like the way that the MCU has kind of taken on a humorous tone with their movies, and it kind of makes it feel like you're actually watching a comic book movie. MCU also has a lot more going on : I mean the Infinity Wars had reprecussions involving half of the living creatures in the entire universe. That's pretty crazy and it's some really fun and interesting lore / mythos.

I watched all the 3 movie snippets you posted and none of them were really exciting to me. Obviously to each their own and I was never a comic book person, but I've really had a lot of fun with the interconnections involved with the MCU.

The MCU was in my opinion a one off that required really special circumstances and people to make happen. I think it'll be a long time before we see something like that again, making the Infinity Saga over ten years is really an astonishing achievement. That said, I think Man of Steel was really interesting and Batman v Superman, particularly the Ultimate Edition is criminally underrated in my opinion. The rest of the DC films are very forgettable and I think they need to get real comic lovers down and plan out a large network of films beforehand and do it right.

I think the only way someone thinks DC movies take more chances and tell more interesting stories is if they are biased to DC. I never read any comics ever. All I have to go on is the movie library each universe has and by far the better and more accomplished story telling is firmly with Marvel.

Marvel set the bar high.

DC tried to follow suit but their efforts were poorly conceived and rushed. BvS especially is a fucking mess. Way too much going on and they essentially wasted Doomsday as a baddie. The content of that movie could have been spread over multiple movies but they wanted to set up their own Avengers without putting in the groundwork.

DC seem to have made a baffling procession of bad decisions to the point where nobody knows or cares what they're doing.

To give balance, I have criticism of the MCU. I feel like Ultron and especially Civil War were massively underplayed compared to the source material.

I worry that Phase 4 is going to take a real downturn as they've told some of their biggest stories.

I also worry they're gonna turn it into Social Justice League like they have done with Star Wars, where 'representation' is more important than characterisation or storytelling.

DC movies suck outside of the Batman movies.

It's not their fault though. They don't have good characters to work with. Superman, wonder woman, and Aquaman are all very cheesy lame concepts that are severely outdated.

DC needs to focus on their lesser known characters because they are more interesting. Making a suicide squad movie was a good idea for them but unfortunately the filmmakers they hired for that really executed it poorly.

Let's get a debate going personally I think the DC movies take more chances and tell more interesting stories particularly with Man of Steel about a world coming to grips with Superman to Batman v Superman exploring the ramifications of the existence of superhero's and what it mean to the survival of the human race and personally I think their action scenes are way more epic with a real sense of weight and environmental destruction that is only glosssed over in the MCU plus cinematography and soundtracks way better in DCEU

I haven't seen any of the DECU movies as I don't really enjoy those characters. I see what you're saying about the DECU having more "real-world" type interactions, but it just feels silly to me to have those kinds of repercussions when superheros are involved. I like the way that the MCU has kind of taken on a humorous tone with their movies, and it kind of makes it feel like you're actually watching a comic book movie. MCU also has a lot more going on : I mean the Infinity Wars had reprecussions involving half of the living creatures in the entire universe. That's pretty crazy and it's some really fun and interesting lore / mythos.

I watched all the 3 movie snippets you posted and none of them were really exciting to me. Obviously to each their own and I was never a comic book person, but I've really had a lot of fun with the interconnections involved with the MCU.

Lions don't fight Gazelles

View attachment 634419

Came here to post this. Well played, brother:)

The MCU was in my opinion a one off that required really special circumstances and people to make happen. I think it'll be a long time before we see something like that again, making the Infinity Saga over ten years is really an astonishing achievement. That said, I think Man of Steel was really interesting and Batman v Superman, particularly the Ultimate Edition is criminally underrated in my opinion. The rest of the DC films are very forgettable and I think they need to get real comic lovers down and plan out a large network of films beforehand and do it right.

I think the only way someone thinks DC movies take more chances and tell more interesting stories is if they are biased to DC. I never read any comics ever. All I have to go on is the movie library each universe has and by far the better and more accomplished story telling is firmly with Marvel.

No matter what anyone says, Marvel Comics/Walt Disney/Marvel Cinematic Universe are "The One Above All."

In the year 2019 (and every year before 2019), the 20-35 different films (plus all of the different TV series) have ABSOLUTELY set the standard for Marvel Comic Books to be adapted into films, TV series, and every other type of screen.

Even if anyone on Planet Earth has many tattoos of Detective Comics Comics/DC Comics/Dawn of Justice/Detective Comics Extended Universe/Justice League/DCEU all over their body, NOT EVEN THEY can claim that DC Extended Universe makes even THE LEAST BIT OF COMPETITION.

869a4360dc04c770493f5e6e.jpg

dc-comic-tattoos-11.jpg

Look, I have Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition on Blu Ray. I agree with toaa when he said that Dawn of Justice is very underrated.

By the way, I don't mean to nitpick but there was never an official, umbrella term for all of these Detective Comics Comics films.

"Keith Staskiewicz, writing for Entertainment Weekly, coined the term "DC Extended Universe™" as a JOKE on an article of his about Dawn of Justice on July 1, 2015. This and the abbreviation DCEU quickly spread among the press and fans thinking of it as the official name of the franchise over the following years.

According to Vulture writer Abraham Riesman, DC confirmed to him in September 2017 that the term is not used internally and THEY DO NOT CONSIDER IT OFFICIAL. In 2016, as part of DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League, both Geoff Johns and Kevin Smith referred to the franchise's name as being the "Justice League Universe."

During the DC Films panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, a video banner displayed the words "Welcome to the Worlds of DC", after showcasing some upcoming films. As a result, some media outlets interpreted this as DC officially naming their shared film universe as the "Worlds of DC."

Despite this, there has been no official announcement from Warner Bros. nor DC Films to confirm this."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe

If any person is asked about ALL of Marvel Comics, they might say that the first thing that they think of is THE INVINCIBLE Iron Man.

Another person might say that the first thing that they think of is THE UNSTOPPABLE Juggernaut.

91FpgNW0nCL.jpg

the_unstoppable_juggernaut_by_omniversal-d3cihl1.jpg

10374.jpg

SO FAR, Walt Disney/Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe have been both INVINCIBLE AND UNSTOPPABLE. That is a FACT.

I worry that Walt Disney/Marvel Phase 4 is going to take a real downturn as they've told some of their biggest stories.

I also worry they're gonna turn it into Social Justice League like they have done with Star Wars, where 'representation' is more important than characterisation or storytelling.

And here is the only catch. The only way that Walt Disney/Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe can be eliminated is IF THEY ELIMINATE THEMSELVES.

Only GARGANTUAN MISTAKES followed by more gargantuan mistakes can possibly end the UNSTOPPABLE REIGN of Walt Disney/Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Most likely, there WON'T BE ANY outside threats from "foreign competition." Even if there are, Time Warner/Detective Comics Comics/Warner Bros./Dawn of Justice/Worlds of DC/Justice League Universe certainly won't be of any considerable threat.

@PRIDEWASBETTER

Last edited:
No matter what anyone says, Marvel Comics/Walt Disney/Marvel Cinematic Universe are "The One Above All."

In the year 2019 (and every year before 2019), the 20-35 different films (plus all of the different TV series) have ABSOLUTELY set the standard for Marvel Comic Books to be adapted into films, TV series, and every other type of screen.

Even if anyone on Planet Earth has many tattoos of Detective Comics Comics/DC Comics/Dawn of Justice/Detective Comics Extended Universe/Justice League/DCEU all over their body, NOT EVEN THEY can claim that DC Extended Universe makes even THE LEAST BIT OF COMPETITION.

869a4360dc04c770493f5e6e.jpg

dc-comic-tattoos-11.jpg

Look, I have Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition on Blu Ray. I agree with toaa when he said that Dawn of Justice is very underrated.

By the way, I don't mean to nitpick but there was never an official, umbrella term for all of these Detective Comics Comics films.

"Keith Staskiewicz, writing for Entertainment Weekly, coined the term "DC Extended Universe™" as a JOKE on an article of his about Dawn of Justice on July 1, 2015. This and the abbreviation DCEU quickly spread among the press and fans thinking of it as the official name of the franchise over the following years.

According to Vulture writer Abraham Riesman, DC confirmed to him in September 2017 that the term is not used internally and THEY DO NOT CONSIDER IT OFFICIAL. In 2016, as part of DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League, both Geoff Johns and Kevin Smith referred to the franchise's name as being the "Justice League Universe."

During the DC Films panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, a video banner displayed the words "Welcome to the Worlds of DC", after showcasing some upcoming films. As a result, some media outlets interpreted this as DC officially naming their shared film universe as the "Worlds of DC."

Despite this, there has been no official announcement from Warner Bros. nor DC Films to confirm this."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe

If any person is asked about ALL of Marvel Comics, they might say that the first thing that they think of is THE INVINCIBLE Iron Man.

Another person might say that the first thing that they think of is THE UNSTOPPABLE Juggernaut.

91FpgNW0nCL.jpg

the_unstoppable_juggernaut_by_omniversal-d3cihl1.jpg

10374.jpg

SO FAR, Walt Disney/Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe have been both INVINCIBLE AND UNSTOPPABLE. That is a FACT.

And here is the only catch. The only way that Walt Disney/Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe can be eliminated is IF THEY ELIMINATE THEMSELVES.

Only GARGANTUAN MISTAKES followed by more gargantuan mistakes can possibly end the UNSTOPPABLE REIGN of Walt Disney/Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Most likely, there WON'T BE ANY outside threats from "foreign competition." Even if there are, Time Warner/Detective Comics Comics/Warner Bros./Dawn of Justice/Worlds of DC/Justice League Universe certainly won't be of any considerable threat.

@PRIDEWASBETTER
Do you think someone here is really gonna read all of this?

Loved Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. Shazam was much better than it had any right to be. Aquaman was better than I expected, but still kinda meh. BvS, Justice League and Suicide Squad are cinematic abortions (though BvS at least had a good moment sprinkled in here and there). I honestly never wanted a shared universe for DC films. Just make individual films in their own bubble and make them good. Joker seems to be a step in that direction and that trailer was amazing.

Marvel just doesn't do it for me. Their films definitely aren't bad, but they just don't click with me. The tone and generally eye-rolly humor in them are just a turn off (we get it; everyone's witty). The big exceptions to this though are Civil War and Infinity War. I've watched both several times and absolutely love these films. Maybe it's because they're grimmer? I do know though that those two films are the only ones with a villain that was actually interesting to me.

Loved Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. Shazam was much better than it had any right to be. Aquaman was better than I expected, but still kinda meh. BvS, Justice League and Suicide Squad are cinematic abortions (though BvS at least had a good moment sprinkled in here and there). I honestly never wanted a shared universe for DC films. Just make individual films in their own bubble and make them good. Joker seems to be a step in that direction and that trailer was amazing.

Marvel just doesn't do it for me. Their films definitely aren't bad, but they just don't click with me. The tone and generally eye-rolly humor in them are just a turn off (we get it; everyone's witty). The big exceptions to this though are Civil War and Infinity War. I've watched both several times and absolutely love these films. Maybe it's because they're grimmer? I do know though that those two films are the only ones with a villain that was actually interesting to me.
You don't like The Winter Soldier?

The MCU was in my opinion a one off that required really special circumstances and people to make happen. I think it'll be a long time before we see something like that again

God willing

You don't like The Winter Soldier?
Didn't make much of an impression on me. It was fine but they lost me when Nick Fury "died". I was like "oh, he's dead now. Riiiiiiight....". Hard to suspend disbelief when they do something so obvious. Not a BAD movie; it was fine, but watching it once was enough.

Didn't make much of an impression on me. It was fine but they lost me when Nick Fury "died". I was like "oh, he's dead now. Riiiiiiight....". Hard to suspend disbelief when they do something so obvious. Not a BAD movie; it was fine, but watching it once was enough.
You'll pay for this.

I think I enjoyed maybe one or two DC films, as a whole those movies are fucking trash.

Back