Multiplatform DEAD SPACE [REMAKE] has arrived (January 27th 2023)

I had no idea people thought SJW antics was a problem in Star Wars. The problems with the new trilogy had nothing to do with shoehorned SJW stuff imo, I legit can't think of many really forced SJW things in those movies. Rose being an awful character has nothing to do with her being Asian, if anything I'm offended that the only Asian character they put in there was annoying af lol. Where there even a lot of black people in the new trilogy? I don't even remember too many and they managed to destroy Finn's character pretty fast. Maybe I'm the racist lol.

Also, I remember the hoopla about the lesbian kissing scene and before I watched the movie I made sure I was going to look out for it and to my surprise it was like a .5 second kiss that isn't even really emphasized at all.

I am not a fan of the virtue signaling and shit done by a lot of companies but at the same time I feel people get so angry over it whenever they are barely there.
It’s sad angry dudes looking for even more things to be angry about. Like I said, they’re often worse than the people they claim to hate on the other side. Most people don’t care at all about added representation. Most people welcome it so long as it’s not done in a ridiculous or condescending manner.

You actually have someone here who stated that it’s “jarring and distracting” to see minorities in Star Wars. There’s really not much to say to someone who views the world that way.

You guys need to get a serious fucking grip.

It couldn’t possibly be that they’re talking about gameplay mechanics from a 10 year old title could they? No, it has to be the blue haired boogeyman lmao.
I don't see anything in the article that indicates that the changes for Dead Space will have any kind of social or political leaning, so I think you have a point there. The article does point out the inconsistency in such a declaration when compared to the original conceit, which was to "preserve the feeling exactly." But again, that does not indicate any kind of "woke" revisions.

However I don't think anyone is really paranoid for at least expressing concern-- it would not be surprising at all if someone told me that a beloved franchise was getting gutted and stuffed with lame, forced SJW nonsense. Because it does happen. The Mass Effect 2 thing is a firm demonstration of that.

BioWare can do whatever they want, of course. If they want to downplay Miranda's features for the sake of wokeness, it's their decision to make. But I don't think anyone who finds that annoying or concerning is paranoid, or delusional. I think the mistake would be in trying to dismiss it by merely counting it as some sort of incidental bonus like "It was in the way anyway" because that misses the point that's being made.

I don't see anything in the article that indicates that the changes for Dead Space will have any kind of social or political leaning, so I think you have a point there. The article does point out the inconsistency in such a declaration when compared to the original conceit, which was to "preserve the feeling exactly." But again, that does not indicate any kind of "woke" revisions.

However I don't think anyone is really paranoid for at least expressing concern-- it would not be surprising at all if someone told me that a beloved franchise was getting gutted and stuffed with lame, forced SJW nonsense. Because it does happen. The Mass Effect 2 thing is a firm demonstration of that.

BioWare can do whatever they want, of course. If they want to downplay Miranda's features for the sake of wokeness, it's their decision to make. But I don't think anyone who finds that annoying or concerning is paranoid, or delusional. I think the mistake would be in trying to dismiss it by merely counting it as some sort of incidental bonus like "It was in the way anyway" because that misses the point that's being made.
I’ve had people show me “proof” that this is going to happen with absolutely nothing to back it up except for anecdotes and fear mongering lol.

When you’re saying “this is what this means, run for the hills” it is absolutely paranoid and delusional when there was literally nothing to suggest that they were going introduce a woke agenda into it.

It’s looking for something that’s not there and making it into an issue. It’s outrage culture and it’s fucking old and tiresome already.

I think it’s best that we all just agree to wait and see what they’re actually doing before jumping to conclusions. Could be changes to the gameplay mechanics or maybe it could be changes to the narrative. We’ll just have to wait and see.

You guys need to get a serious fucking grip.

It couldn’t possibly be that they’re talking about gameplay mechanics from a 10 year old title could they? No, it has to be the blue haired boogeyman lmao.

When unmasked Isaac turns out to be a half shaved purple haired muscular black lesbian remember this post.

Dead Space is awesome. Holds up very well. Not much to even be fucked with really. I just hope they don't 2021 it up unnecessarily.... like they do most things.

but I've been taught to expect it.

I had no idea people thought SJW antics was a problem in Star Wars. The problems with the new trilogy had nothing to do with shoehorned SJW stuff imo, I legit can't think of many really forced SJW things in those movies. Rose being an awful character has nothing to do with her being Asian, if anything I'm offended that the only Asian character they put in there was annoying af lol. Where there even a lot of black people in the new trilogy? I don't even remember too many and they managed to destroy Finn's character pretty fast. Maybe I'm the racist lol.

Also, I remember the hoopla about the lesbian kissing scene and before I watched the movie I made sure I was going to look out for it and to my surprise it was like a .5 second kiss that isn't even really emphasized at all.

I am not a fan of the virtue signaling and shit done by a lot of companies but at the same time I feel people get so angry over it whenever they are barely there.

SJW crap is mainly in the TLJ

Luke being turned into a frightened/near child killing hermit, and getting school by an untrained Rey, Holdo emasculating Poe (even though he was right) Finn and hux being punchlines, there's plenty of SJW crap, but it's not the reason it and the trilogy were abysmal.

The writing was infantile, and the story was incoherent. How do you not plan a trilogy out ahead of time, fucking ammature hour.

As for this game, who knows what they mean here. It doesn't sound like it's a mechanics thing, so I'd expect the worst. With the OG crew not working on it, and EA involved, I expect an MT shit show regardless.

Last edited:
I think it’s best that we all just agree to wait and see what they’re actually doing before jumping to conclusions. Could be changes to the gameplay mechanics or maybe it could be changes to the narrative. We’ll just have to wait and see.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it kinda has to be some woke bullshit with their selective wording.

There is absolutely NOTHING in the gameplay mechanics that don’t work today. Unless of course it’s the idea that they need to take away the campaign, and make it a micro transaction riddled online shooter, which doesn’t work in the genre. Of what the original game is meant to be and how to play it.

So other than that, I can’t see anything they are talking about.

But alas I have Zero, absolutely Zero to the 100th power , desire for a Remake of Dead Space.

The game play mechanics are great, the story is great, it was a great game.

It’s of an era where the graphics are still playable and enjoyable today. It’s not some old ass crazy polygon graphics era game.

Remake? F that, I still have a working copy I haven’t played in a few years. And I still have a perfectly working X360.

I’ll just replay it again like i do every couple of years.

They want to try with another sequal, with a new continuation of the story line, cool I’ll buy that.

But remake or “reboot” They can f right the F off

No you have to choose and you have to be angry about whatever it is you didn't choose

I don't know how they can "SJW" Dead Space.

There's bugger all human NPCs in there...

It's literally about a bloke Engineer trapped alone in space...

Unless they turn all of the necromorphs into fat, old, suit-wearing caucasians called Ted...

I don't know how they can "SJW" Dead Space.

There's bugger all human NPCs in there...

It's literally about a bloke Engineer trapped alone in space...

Unless they turn all of the necromorphs into fat, old, suit-wearing caucasians called Ted...

That’s why I’m very skeptical that the concerns about it being made “woke” are founded. This isn’t like if a developer was making a Duke Nukem reboot and made comments about making it appropriate for “modern audiences” in which case it wouldn’t be a huge stretch of the imagination to assume they’re talking about removing “toxic masculinity” from the game or something like that, but with a title like Dead Space I’m scratching my head at the notion that anything could even be argued to be needing a change on any grounds related to sjw/woke/cancelculture/censorship etc

I'm surprised no one is taking about 3d audio. Original game had an awesome atmosphere if you played with a home theater, can't wait to play it with headphones

FFS, I don't know how some of you even get outside because of your intense fear of "bah dah SJWs!!" Fucking pussies. Claim to be masculine, tough and long for the days before social progress happened yet complain louder and more often than a Karen at a Starbucks.

I want a Dead Space remake as much as I want cancer right now. What an uninspired choice to spend millions on. The original two games are fine and the UI design still hasn't been bested. I wish they'd have made a third Dead Space game but alas.

FFS, I don't know how some of you even get outside because of your intense fear of "bah dah SJWs!!" Fucking pussies. Claim to be masculine, tough and long for the days before social progress happened yet complain louder and more often than a Karen at a Starbucks.

I want a Dead Space remake as much as I want cancer right now. What an uninspired choice to spend millions on. The original two games are fine and the UI design still hasn't been bested. I wish they'd have made a third Dead Space game but alas.

There is a third Dead Space game.

I didn't play it due to life getting in the way, but I heard that it wasn't as good as the previous two. Can't remember why.

Sales weren't that good and it basically killed off the franchise.

It's on Game Pass. I may download it.

I didn't play it due to life getting in the way, but I heard that it wasn't as good as the previous two. Can't remember why.

There is no third Dead Space game. Isaac defeated the Necromorphs and ran off with big titty Sally to start a family on Mars.
<{shaqs}>

DS3 changed how the game played completely because...I don't know why. I think all the real talent at that studio left by that time. EA forced microtransactions and co-op, the devs made a shitty cover systems that barely works, the story was especially stupid for a series that wasn't exactly a shining beacon of great writing, thought gee we have all these cool aliens how about we fight humans for half the game instead, and sped up all the enemies. A frozen planet like The Thing is a setting RIPE for a horror game yet they turned it into a pile of shit.

Dead Space = Alien
Dead Space 2 = Aliens
Dead Space 3 = Aliens: Resurrection of the Prometheus Covenant

Play it if you want but there are better games to spend your time with. You may love it though so who knows.

There is no third Dead Space game. Isaac defeated the Necromorphs and ran off with big titty Sally to start a family on Mars.
<{shaqs}>

DS3 changed how the game played completely because...I don't know why. I think all the real talent at that studio left by that time. EA forced microtransactions and co-op, the devs made a shitty cover systems that barely works, the story was especially stupid for a series that wasn't exactly a shining beacon of great writing, thought gee we have all these cool aliens how about we fight humans for half the game instead, and sped up all the enemies. A frozen planet like The Thing is a setting RIPE for a horror game yet they turned it into a pile of shit.

Dead Space = Alien
Dead Space 2 = Aliens
Dead Space 3 = Aliens: Resurrection of the Prometheus Covenant

Play it if you want but there are better games to spend your time with. You may love it though so who knows.

Lol oh...

Yeah, I think that it was around that time that people started to worry about the EA takeover and their policies of unnecessary multiplayer and micro-transactions.

Dead Space 2 also had multiplayer, but it was very forgettable.

Sounds like a huge misstep. It's a shame, because I read an article and the creator basically wanted the Dead Space series to run for several games, and had a grand vision about how he wanted it to be, yet one misstep and it all went out of the window.

It's not terrible, but all of it's additions were unwelcome. The microtransactions were pointless, and only useful to people who wanted to completely break the game right out of the gate. There wasn't this big grindy barrier stopping you from naturally progressing in the game and unlocking everything at a natural pace. It's like they just threw it in there at the last second, because why not? Some people will pay to cheat. Same with co-op. It doesn't add much to the experience. It's just kind of there, with a few unique missions. The game itself is more action oriented too, although not as bad as some make it out to be. It also had a tacked on competitive multiplayer mode that was fun for two seconds.

It's easily the worst of the three, but if you're a fan it's worth playing through the campaign. It's a bit forgettable and you can tell they were running out of gas, but it's not awful or anything. If the first two games were an 8 or 9, DS3 was more like a 6 or 7.

Back