Multiplatform DEAD SPACE [REMAKE] has arrived (January 27th 2023)

Early build comparison

Original
E-Iotl-XsAI14fG

Remake
E-Iou26XIAQgKbc

E-IpFc8XEAA-y3N

Wait, I must have missed all the progressive agendas being shoehorned into the game.

Can’t be right, the outrage masterbaters assured me that was going to be the case and that it couldn’t at all be talking about gameplay tweaks.

Wait, I must have missed all the progressive agendas being shoehorned into the game.

Can’t be right, the outrage masterbaters assured me that was going to be the case and that it couldn’t at all be talking about gameplay tweaks.

I'm pleasantly surprised! Looks good so far.

I was there for metal gear solid 2, so the flip could still be coming…. Yea….

Anywho. Looks great, and will play it immediately upon release. And I don’t care that they remade it. There are still about a Billion games out there everyone can still play if they don’t like it, or want it.

Early build comparison

Original
E-Iotl-XsAI14fG

Remake
E-Iou26XIAQgKbc

E-IpFc8XEAA-y3N
Nice, I expected the worst, glad to be pleasantly surprised

Are they doing both games?

edit* Just checked, only doing DS1 so far. I never finished DS2, so hopefully they do that as well, although it still looks great, fired it up a few days ago.

Looks great. Can't wait for this one to come out. EA should look into redoing Dragon Age Origins next. That game already looked dated on release.

Yes! I was pretty far on my 360 run but either my consoles red ringed again or my hard drive got corrupted. I never finished Tales of Vesperia either because of that

I have DAO modded on Steam, and it looks relatively great, but it still has that memory leak issue. I cannot play for longer than a half hour, if I'm able to start it all, so frustrating!

Last edited:
Just finished it, and of course there's little substance in that entire 40-minute video. Just the developers making alot of promises after being asked scripted questions by two streamers that are fans of the original games.

Concept art looks good, as expected.
The clips of the development look good, as expected.

The question that I want answered, which of course weren't asked, is "Why does EA want Dead Space remade from scratch and not remastered?"

The original sold well, well enough to warrant a sequel, which didn't sell as well as the original, which EA approved a third game with certain requirements that alienated mainstream gamers (co-op & campaign microtransactions) so the third game sold like shit and not only did EA cancel a 4th game they closed the development studio.

Sooo.... after 13 years has Dead Space really built up such a following that a remake of the original would be expected to be a huge seller?

I could continue but I have a feeling I'd just be further repeating what I've posted somewhere in the previous 5 pages of the thread.

As for the speculated 'woke' elements, obviously they won't risk alienating their audience early in development, but the tweet above saying the won't change the core themes and characters is a positive sign... for now.

Yes! I was pretty far on my 360 run but either my consoles red ringed again or my hard drive got corrupted. I never finished Tales of Vesperia either because of that

I have DAO modded on Steam, and it looks relatively great, but it still has that memory leak issue. I cannot play for longer than a half hour, if I'm able to start it all, so frustrating!

Damn that sucks I played both DAO and TOV on my 360 and loved them both. In fact I got the TOV upgrade they released a while back and played it again on my PS4. One of the few games I've played and beat twice.

Damn that sucks I played both DAO and TOV on my 360 and loved them both. In fact I got the TOV upgrade they released a while back and played it again on my PS4. One of the few games I've played and beat twice.
Yeah, I bought TOV for pc when it came out but haven't gotten that far. I'll finish it one of these days. Yuri is one of the beat protagonists ever, but the only thing that sucks in this version is that they have a different voice actor for the extra scenes. It's pretty jarring when he pipes in. I don't know why they didn't get him back (Troy Baker) he doesnt know either. They could have at least tried to get someone who sounds like him

Oh well, amazing game regardless. I always have to play the intro song when I fire it up.

Yeah, I bought TOV for pc when it came out but haven't gotten that far. I'll finish it one of these days. Yuri is one of the beat protagonists ever, but the only thing that sucks in this version is that they have a different voice actor for the extra scenes. It's pretty jarring when he pipes in. I don't know why they didn't get him back (Troy Baker) he doesnt know either. They could have at least tried to get someone who sounds like him

Oh well, amazing game regardless. I always have to play the intro song when I fire it up.

Yea the Tales games in general are hit and miss for me but TOV has been my favorite so far (haven't played many of them). I heard about the voice change but I didn't mind it to much. Looking forward to Tales of Arise next. Put all gaming on pause waiting for that.

Sooo.... after 13 years has Dead Space really built up such a following that a remake of the original would be expected to be a huge seller?

They saw the success of RE2 and went "Hey, we've got a pretty well renowned horror IP that people are still talking about. Let's get a slice of that pie."

Whether it will work out or not(more importantly to EA's ridiculous money grubbing standards), remains to be seen.

I think ME remaster did so well that EA is exploring the possibility of reviving some of their older IPs with remasters\remakes first and then seeing if they can build off that.

Just finished it, and of course there's little substance in that entire 40-minute video. Just the developers making alot of promises after being asked scripted questions by two streamers that are fans of the original games.

Concept art looks good, as expected.
The clips of the development look good, as expected.

The question that I want answered, which of course weren't asked, is "Why does EA want Dead Space remade from scratch and not remastered?"

The original sold well, well enough to warrant a sequel, which didn't sell as well as the original, which EA approved a third game with certain requirements that alienated mainstream gamers (co-op & campaign microtransactions) so the third game sold like shit and not only did EA cancel a 4th game they closed the development studio.

I could continue but I have a feeling I'd just be further repeating what I've posted somewhere in the previous 5 pages of the thread.

As for the speculated 'woke' elements, obviously they won't risk alienating their audience early in development, but the tweet above saying the won't change the core themes and characters is a positive sign... for now.
Wait there's a demo??

Back