Dealing with doubt before a fight

Anything in his book that he doesn’t cover in his articles? Sometimes I follow his 4 weeks plan which involves the various types of interval training

I can give a basic run down

Basically he says you have to do aerobic cardio thing (30 to 60 mins) and the interval stuff plus he has some "extra stuff" in his book that i have never heard about lol.

More long cardio when far away from fight and intervals when closer.

Then he has stuff about lifting but i dont lift so i havent read it.

Its an ok book but not necessary to buy

I can give a basic run down

Basically he says you have to do aerobic cardio thing (30 to 60 mins) and the interval stuff plus he has some "extra stuff" in his book that i have never heard about lol.

More long cardio when far away from fight and intervals when closer.

Then he has stuff about lifting but i dont lift so i havent read it.

Its an ok book but not necessary to buy
Thanks. Yeah seems like everything in his books he has in his articles. Also his 4 week program is the same where week 1 is a lot of long slow distance, week 2 is 5 seconds on 1 minute off, week 3 is 5 minutes on 2 minutes off, and week 4 is 2 minutes on 1 minute off

Thanks for the post man. This really helps me I am taking a fight next month and it’s the first one I’ve had since I was a teenager... I have been really nervous, this helps a lot.

glad I could help. in my mind, conditioning is more important than size and strength. Because once your tired, you are very weak, a small man that is not tired, is much stronger and faster than a big man who is. Its part of the reason I lost my fight against a smaller guy coming up in weight. He had about double the experience as me and I was nervous to fight him, it was also my first fight without pads, and so I held my breathe out of nervousness, gassed out quickly, and never could recover. I was also "elbow hunting" looking to land a big elbow and overlooked other things cause I was too concerned about elbows, it was my first elbow fight. Anyways man, you have to be confident, and believe in yourself. Your body needs to be physically capable of completing the task at hand, but outside of that, its all mental. Its the greatest thing about fighting, you must overcome yourself.

upload_2019-8-22_10-31-47.png

a-man-who-conquers-himself.jpg

glad I could help. in my mind, conditioning is more important than size and strength.
Conditioning forms the perquisite for any martial art...
Your body needs to be physically capable of completing the task at hand,
And one of the implicit designs of kihon karate...

but outside of that, its all mental. Its the greatest thing about fighting, you must overcome yourself.
...Maturity makes the mental prerequisite.<{1-2}>

Yes, there's some techniques in striking and grappling, that works with a glance against opponent stronger than you.
However some stuff in grappling doesn't works well against heavier opponent and some stuff ( mainly from techniques for standup phase in grappling ) isn't doable on stronger opponent at all.
Techniques that uses revolving door princips on opponent that still moves with enough energy; works with a glance.
Standup wirst locks on stronger opponent might be nightmare to apply etc.

havent you lost before? it use to bother hell out of me my first loss was my last fight i didnt train at all needed money bad hadent been in the gym in a while and fought at heavy weight from 170 completely beat myself which made me mad as i didnt learn anything technically from the experience other than to never fight without training and compete in your own weight class

regardless the fear of losing is gone now and i just wont ever let myself compete without being in great shape

Back